Super Smash Quest - Story - Chapter 397: Final Phantasy Part I: Tragic Reunion

Previous

Next

Date: August 29th & 31st & September 2nd, 3rd and 14th, 2007.
Nick Caligo (GM): At the Stadium, the tournament continues to rage on... The Questers are all... wherever they are. R&R, watching the Brawl Tournament, wherever.
Dahl: *watching the brawl Tournament~.*
Dragoshi: *Leaning 'gainst the wall as per usual. <_>*
Wolfman is in R&R, on the couch, relaxing... or trying to.
Nick Caligo (GM): The Questers' fantastic front row seats give them the perfect view of the action! This battle's Ganondorf versus Jigglypuff.
Wolfman: .oO(I'm starting to wonder if bringing Snake in here was a good idea...)
Digifanatic: *Would either be in the Questers' box watching or in the booth, doing the commentary.*
Aribar is doing a bit of training in the simultron against some wireframes.*
Dragoshi: *Left wall, R&R.*
Nick Caligo (GM): The stage is the long, flat Bridge of Eldin; the two face off, leering at one another from opposite ends of the bridge...
Jigglypuff: *Used Leer!*
Dahl: "Woooo Go Go!"
Wolfman: "I see the new stages are up... interesting."
Ganondorf: *Ganondorf's attack was lowered!*
Wolfman awaits for the stupid moblin... wait.
Digifanatic: "And there she goes with the Leer, folks... I think she's trying to set him up with something!"
Wolfman: "...since when did Jigglypuff know how to use LEER in this?"
Digifanatic: "A lot of people were writing Jigglypuff out of this match, but her mobility, as well as a couple of clutch hits, have kept this one of the most interesting matches of late!"
Nick Caligo (GM): Ganondorf gives a quick, raspy laugh. "Hah!" His voice has changed since the Questers last saw him. He grins devilishly, clutching a fist with the triforce tatooed onto the back of it at Jigglypuff before drawing an enormous, pure white, gleaming sword. "Hnnhnnhnn..." He gestures for Jigglypuff to attack.
Digifanatic: "Oh, he's just waiting for her to do something. The question is, what will she do? Here she goes..."
Nick Caligo (GM): Jiggly, wearing her karate headband, "hmmphs!" and charges at him. No sooner does she get halfway accross the bridge than does Ganondorf perform a backflip, revealing a huge moblin riding atop a giant wild boar; it gallops accross the stage. Jigglypuff skids to a halt, PUFFS herself upwards... but too little, too late.
Digifanatic: "Oh, and she goes flying! Question is, is she gonna make it..."
Nick Caligo (GM): With a mighty crash the boar bashes straight through her snout first; the bridge collapses in the middle behind her. While damaged, Jigglypuff survives, tumbling down towards the pit... she just BARELY catches onto the ledge on Ganondorf's side. He stands over her, sneering down at her.
Dahl: "That's gonna ... hurt " *flinches.*
Digifanatic: "And an excellent recovery by Jigglypuff!"
Wolfman: .oO(Come on Jigglypuff... beat that Ganondorf for us!)
Nick Caligo (GM): Everyone in R&R can see this on TV, as well.
Digifanatic: "I said her mobility was gonna save her, and it did right there!"
Dragoshi: *Blinks.* "What the hell..."
Nick Caligo (GM): Jigglypuff hangs by one little fingerless arm. She looks down into the pit, then back up at Ganondorf. "Jiggly!" She seems almost as if she's pleading.
Digifanatic: "This is when you wonder if she's gonna pull Sing or something... I imagine she's quite ticked off after that hit. Of course, Ganondorf just waiting for her to climb back up..."
Nick Caligo (GM): The dark wizard raises a hand over his head, gathering energy in his fist. Balls of lightning materialize and collect in it, forming a huge, dark ball of energy that blitzes with electricity. "Hnnhnnhnnhnnhnn... HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!!" Jigglypuff puffs herself off the ledge, going for the other side instead, but by then, Ganondorf's finished charging. She's not halfway to the ground when. a swarm of lightning balls explodes from his hand and converges on the hapless pokemon..
Dahl: "Ouch..."
Dragoshi: "Sheesh..."
Digifanatic: "And that's what I call a smash."
Nick Caligo (GM): She's riddled with blazing electric death; the force of the attack blasts her against the gateway on her side. She tumbles across the bridge as Ganondorf leaps accross the gap, approaching her slowly with sword in hand.
Dahl: "this is starting to look one sided..."
Digifanatic: "I won't say Jigglypuff is out, but her chances are really starting to leave this stadium. If she's gonna pull something out of nowhere, she's got to do it now."
Dragoshi: "...This is is just getting sad." *facepalm.*
Nick Caligo (GM): *Ding!* An item drops right next to Jigglypuff! It's a beam saber. She looks, snatches it up quickly, and dashes towards the evil king, feet scuttering against the ground with all her might. Ganondorf just stops and grins, readying his sword, waiting...
Digifanatic: "Sword to sword! Who's going to prevail?"
Dragoshi: "No, you foolish overfluffed marshmallow! He's wanting you to do that! Run! Before your own swift feet kill you!"
Aaron: "My money's on the little creampuff."
Nick Caligo (GM): She leaps upon him with an overhead slash, but he ducks behind her. She turns around, spinning with the saber to cut his legs out from under him, but he jumps it; Jigglypuff gets the advantage, performing a flipping, upward sweep at the king of evil. It's a hit! Ganondorf's slashed upwards.
Dragoshi: "...Or maybe not."
Dahl: "hmmmm..."
Wolfman: "...that might do it."
Digifanatic: "And she got the hit in! An impressive little slash from the Pokemon sends Ganondorf into the air... But will it be enough?"
Nick Caligo (GM): Jigglypuff quickly follows after him, cutting him once--twice more! She flips gracefully, using the momentum from the spin to send Ganondorf flying towards the pit. He sails into the gap...
Digifanatic: "Here we go! She found an open opportunity and Ganondorf's flying..."
Aaron: "Anyone have earplugs in case it starts singing?"
Dahl: *siting on the egde of her seat, grining a bit.*
Nick Caligo (GM): She dashes towards it, knowing what he's about to do, prepared to send him down for good. She leaps over it, bringing her foot around for a powerful downward kick...
Digifanatic: "An excellent combo by Jigglypuff may seal this one in her favor depending on if and how Ganondorf can come back..."
Wolfman makes sure he won't fall off the couch while watching.
Nick Caligo (GM): But Ganondorf claws his way out of the pit... he caught onto the edge. He hauls himself up. Jiggly spots him as she turns to prepare her kick. "... Jiggly!?"
Digifanatic: "He's back on."
"Heh heh heh heh..." *Ding!* Another item. A metal box, right by Ganondorf.
Digifanatic: "This is quite the 'Never say die' match for both combatants."
Nick Caligo (GM): But instead of picking it up for himself... he grabs it and throws it AT Jigglypuff.
Aaron: "It's been said, it ain't over 'til the Jigglypuff sings." (<.<)
Digifanatic: "Now it looks like Ganondorf is going for the Metal Box... oh, is that even fair to do that?"
Nick Caligo (GM): The crowd BOOS wildly. *CHINK!* "JIGGLY!!?"
Digifanatic: "It's not like it's a Bob-Omb or something!"
Dragoshi: "...What the strategic wackiness?"
Nick Caligo (GM): Before you know it, Jigglypuff's got her own stainless steel cladding, and goes PLUMMETING with it. She tries to puff herself out...
Digifanatic: "Ganondorf has just taken the Metal Box and hurled it at Jigglypuff... now she is the one falling..."
Nick Caligo (GM): She's almost there... almost to the edge... almost there...!!
Dragoshi: "C'mon... Fall already..."
Wolfman: "C'mon, get up already!"
Digifanatic: "Why isn't she using Pound?"
Wolfman: .oO(...how DID Ganondorf manage to throw the metal box without becoming Metal himself?)
Digifanatic: "I don't get that... I've seen her do it before and it's worked, but..."
Nick Caligo (GM): Then, Ganondorf leaps over the pit, spinning around with a tremendous slash from his sword and WAILING its tip into Jigglypuff, sending her on a one-way trip STRAIGHT down!
Digifanatic: "Ganondorf gives Jigglypuff a huge smash and she's going down and out of there! Unless, of course, the referees would like to speak with Ganondorf about his tactics..."
Nick Caligo (GM): Ganondorf cackles maniacally as she plummets to her doom... but!! Jigglypuff loses the metal coating! She begins to puff her way up from the depths again.
Digifanatic: "This match looks to be over, but, OH! IS SHE GOING TO MAKE IT BACK UP?!"
Dragoshi: *Has nothin'.*
Aribar is training in the 'holoroom'... Still do a check?
Nick Caligo (GM): Dahl thinks Jigglypuff would look good in a skirt. Such nice, round hips.
Dahl: *blinks a bit and tilts her head.* "Huh.."
Digifanatic: .oO(Wait a second...)
Nick Caligo (GM): He holds his hand up high, energy starting to collect once again... and before Jiggly's even halfway up, he unleashes another torrent of lightning balls upon her. She's stunned by the shock of the attack and tumbles downwards. She's BARELY able to pull herself out of it in time to start puffing again... but suddenly... *Vwoop!*
Digifanatic: "Folks, I'm going to wait until Jigglypuff survives or falls first, but I'm going to have to show you something on replay..."
Nick Caligo (GM): The bridge is repaired. She has no way up.
John narrows his eyes..
Digifanatic: "And she's trapped under the bridge!"
Nick Caligo (GM): Her very last puff is spent rubbing against the underside of the bridge. ".. JIGGLYPUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuff...!!"
Dahl: "... that sucks.." *flinches again.*
Nick Caligo (GM): *POW!*
Digifanatic: "Okay, Jigglypuff is out of this match and it looks to be that Ganondorf has won, but, check this out!"
Dragoshi: "Hm?"
Nick Caligo (GM): Ganondorf spins around, cackling; his taunt.
Digifanatic orders to the producers to cut back to when Ganondorf was messing with his belt, and replay it muted and in slow-motion...
"THIS FIGHT'S WINNER IS..."
"GANONDORF!"
Nick Caligo (GM): The lakitu manning the footage starts to rewind it...
"Let's see... Ah! Here we g--whoops!"
"Uhh..."
Wolfman wonders about this match too...
Dahl: "...?"
Nick Caligo (GM): He giggles nervously. "Digifanatic, sir? I think I just erased the footage. Sorry!"
John lofts an eyebrow.
Dahl: "...eh?"
John: "I was under the impression that you're an expert with these devices, Mr. Lakitu."
Digifanatic stares at the Lakitu for a bit...
Lakitu: "Uhh... I am!"
Wolfman: "...did anyone else think something was odd about that match?" *to those in R&R with him.*
Digifanatic: "I hope you're not trying to do this to fix the match..."
Nick Caligo (GM): He most certainly is suspicious to John. A bit suspicious, him accidentally deleting footage.
John: "Tell me, what is the process you must go through to delete such a span of footage with that device?"
Lakitu: "How could you EVER accuse me of doing such a thing!?" He seems indignant. "WHY would I fix the match!?"
Digifanatic: "Well, cause I saw Ganondorf screwing around with something on his belt right before he launched the finishing blow on Jigglypuff..."
Wolfman attempts to use his Smash Dex to get into one of the backup cameras to watch what happened... that Lakitu couldn't have done everything!
Digifanatic: "And you deleted the bit I was just about to replay to the audience."
Nick Caligo (GM): Ooh! Well done, Wolfman.
Dragoshi: *Walks over to Wolfman.*
Lakitu: "Pfft!" Lakitu scoffs. "That could've been anything! Adjusting his belt, some CHEESE on the buckle...!"
Wolfman is VERY thankful he can use Smash Dexes with the best of them.
John still has his eyes locked on Lakitu, awaiting an answer.
Lakitu: "Anyway, it's pretty simple. You just press this key that's got a skull and crossbones on it, right next to the "play" button."
John looks at the device where indicated.
Digifanatic: *Presuming there isn't a camera that feeds to R&R, he just stays in the production room for now, unaware of what Wolf's hacked into.*
Nick Caligo (GM): Yep. Skull and crossbones.
John also looks for any other buttons that may logically be used for "erase".
Nick Caligo (GM): Wolf soon enough has the footage of Ganondorf fiddling with his belt. He's just adjusting it... he sees Ganondorf's fingers tuck into his pocket briefly, though.
Wolfman: "...now, why would Ganondorf be adjusting his belt, or fingering his pocket?"
John: "...Then what's that button do?" He points at the "erase" key.
Dragoshi: "I don't know..."
Wolfman: "I'm going to try getting a clearer shot." *attempts to do just that.*
Lakitu: "It... erases things. You know. It's there in case the skull and crossbones key doesn't work. Like if I spill cheese on it."
Nick Caligo (GM): A likely story.
Digifanatic: *Meanwhile, with yours truly having expected a replay, the current camera angle is one just looking at the blank arena for now... he can't really tell anyone to cut to commercial or interviews or whatnot because he's involved with the certain situation.*
Nick Caligo (GM): Lakutu's stuttering through his teeth.
John narrows his eyes again. "...What are you trying to hide, Mr. Lakitu?"
Dahl: "welp .. time to find the others I suppose..." *heads to the R&R.*
Nick Caligo (GM): *Beepbeepbeep! Beepbeepbeep!* The Smash Dex starts beeping wildly. For all of the Questers.
Digifanatic takes out his Dex during all of this.
Dragoshi: *Pulls out his Dex. Whee.*
Dahl: *blinks and pulls hers out.* "what now?"
Aaron looks at the Dex. "How the devil do I turn this on?"
John reaches into his pocket, pulls out and flips open his dex, all without taking his eyes off of Lakitu.
Wolfman changes modes.
Nick Caligo (GM): Snake's lovely mug is onscreen!
Dragoshi: "Just flip it open, first."
Aaron flips his Dex open.
Snake: "This is Snake, requesting all personnel to report to the Big Big Room. We've received an... urgent transmission." He seems even more somber than usual.
Aaron: "I really need to work on figuring out how to use this thing."
Dragoshi: "'Sides. I think they turn on automatically or something. Anyways..." *Looks at Snake.*
Wolfman: "It's BIGGER Room Snake! I thought I told you that already."
Snake: "Whatever. Get in here before that stupid AI shows up."
Aaron: (to his Dex) "Hi, Snake. What's up?"
Dahl: *heads to the room then~* "copy that.." .oO( hmmm)
Dragoshi: "...I say it should be Big Room II. But, meh." :/ *Zooms over to the Bigger Room. >_>*
Wolfman nods, then zooms over. "Aaron, come on."
Digifanatic walks back over to the booth for now...
Aaron walks into the room as Snake requested.
John: "...I'll be there shortly," he responds into the Dex before closing it.
Aribar belatedly takes out his smash dex, sees the message, stops the simulation, and heads to the Moderately Big Room.
Digifanatic: "Folks, I'm going to have to cut from the tournament for now, but hopefully, I'll be back later and we'll be able to resolve everything that has just gone down."
Dahl: *steps into the room.* "you called sir?"
Aaron: "I guess the replay challenge will have to wait."
Digifanatic: "For now, I'm Ian 'Digifanatic' Hoffman signing off from the Stadium. Keep it here for more details." *shuts off stuff in the booth before heading to the Bigger Room.*
Nick Caligo (GM): Lakitu just smiles and waves nervously, then hops back in his seat and continues his work.
Lakitu: "Uh, you... run along. I'll keep this under control." He adjusts his glasses, clears his throat, and picks up the microphone. "LADIIIES and GENTLEMEN!!" he says in an inordinately booming, manly voice.
Digifanatic: .oO(! *a bit snide.* Hope he can manage it...)
John narrows his eyes, murmuring behind Lakitu. "I do hope you realize the gravity of what you are doing, Mr. Lakitu.." He then turns and heads to the Bigger Room.
Nick Caligo (GM): The Questers arrive in the Big Big Room amidst the sounds of the cheering and screaming of the Stadium... Snake's nowhere in sight.
Digifanatic: .oO(Ruling wrecker.)
Nick Caligo (GM): There IS, however, a very nice box.
Dragoshi: *Shifts eyes left and right... And checks to see if there's any cardboard boxes in the room.*
Wolfman: "...Snake, this is no time to be hiding!"
Nick Caligo (GM): It's marked with a label that says "To: QUESTERS. Do not open 'til X-mas."
John darts his eyes around for other hiding spots: Vents, for example.
Digifanatic looks to see if the box is even big enough for Snake to hide in.
Nick Caligo (GM): It's a big crate.
Aribar sighs and sits down, closing his eyes.* "I'm not going to play his little games.."
Dahl: "erm... why is there a ... wait why am I even surprised by a box of all things ..."
Nick Caligo (GM): John thinks he might be hiding in Digi's pants. Along with some ants.
Wolfman just goes to the computers to see what's going on.
Snake: "HEY!!"
John: .oO(...Nah, he wouldn't fit in there.)
Nick Caligo (GM): Snake's voice shouts from right behind Wolfman.
Snake: "Don't touch that console!"
Wolfman turns to the voice.
Digifanatic: "Hello, Snake."
Wolfman: "I've worked these controls before Snake." *He hasn't touched them yet.*
Snake: "Did you honestly expect me to jump out of that box like some kind of fool? That was a distraction."
Aaron: "Dude, do you always have to do that?"
Dahl: "UUUWAHHH!" *flails and falls over.* "... don't do that!" >.<
Snake: "You HAVE to keep on your toes if you want to survive!"
Wolfman: "...well, since you're here, please inform us what's going on... besides the crazy match that took place."
John turns around, smirking. "Understood."
Dragoshi: *What kind of check would be used to discern where Snake's voice is coming from...?*
Aribar belatedly turns about and looks at Snake.* "Since we'll obviously be attacked in the secret room of our HQ."
Dragoshi: *Ah. 'K.*
Snake: "... Right." Snake's mood drops immediately. He approaches the console and taps a few buttons before lighting a cigarette.
John looks to Aribar. "That's his point."
Dahl: *mutters and stands up.*
Wolfman: "This is a no smoking headquarters Snake. I told you that before."
Snake: "You also told me that this is called the "Bigger" room. Bigger than what? How can I trust the word of one who speaks so vaguely?"
Wolfman: "It's symbolism, Snake."
Snake: "Anyway... we received this message moments after the match ended... it's from a planet called Motavia."
John: "...Motavia?"
Aribar just turns his chair back towards the table and listens to the briefing.*
Wolfman: "...not THAT planet!"
Dragoshi: "..."
Digifanatic: "Hmm... thought my days of planet-hopping were over."
Snake: "Watch."
Nick Caligo (GM): He walks over and leans against a wall, arms folded over his chest. He seems perplexed by the Questers' reactions.
Snake: "That ring a bell with any of you?"
Dahl: *dusts her self off and blinks.* "Mot- hey what is wrong with my home planet?"
Wolfman: "Zio. That's what's wrong with it."
Dahl: "...He should be dead ... after ...how many times we killed him...?"
Nick Caligo (GM): Snake taps a few ashes off to the side, right on the floor. Pichu dashes in, sweeps it into a dustpan, and dashes off.
Snake: "... Thanks," he says. "What's power rangers got to do with any of this?"
John shakes his head. "What was the message?"
Dahl: "...Though I wouldn't mind kicking him in the pants agian..."
Wolfman: .oO(...you tell me Snake.)
Snake: "Whatever." He shakes his head. "Just watch."
Nick Caligo (GM): The screen is filled with static. One can vaguely make out a few terrified screams.
Dahl: *looks to the screen.* "... what?"
Wolfman tries to make sense of it.
Aaron: "It doesn't sound good, I can tell you that much."
Nick Caligo (GM): It focuses. A HORRIFYING yellow eye is pressed against it.
???: "Uh... Munch? You sure this thing's on?"
Wolfman: "...Munch? Wait... ABE?!?!?"
Dragoshi: *Twitches.* "..."
John takes a half-step back, lofting an eyebrow... Then smirks slightly at that name.
Dahl: "ummm" *twitchs.*
Munch: "Oh!"
Nick Caligo (GM): It backs away to reveal the whole face. It is, indeed, Abe, the Questers' old Mudokon pal from Oddworld. He looks nervously from left to right... he seems to be in some kind of warehouse or factory. Really dirty, too.
Digifanatic: .oO(Oh, man, this is going a while back.) *If he was even there for Aribar's Oddysey, that is.*
Nick Caligo (GM): The screen goes staticy for just a brief moment.
Munch: "Okay. Um... Shay shomething, Abe! Umm... right!"
Wolfman: "Abe, what are you doing on Motavia? That's not even your planet!"
Aribar: "I... I barely even remember those two."
Nick Caligo (GM): Abruptly he grabs the camera and shakes it.
Abe: "QUESTERS! YA GOTTA HELP US!" The screen goes staticy again.
Aaron: "Who's Abe?"
Wolfman: "Very old friend."
Abe: "The --KSSHHHHK --ukkons're...!! KSSHHHK!"
Aaron: "Huh. Terribly sorry guys, I know very little about this place, please bear with me."
Munch: "Abe! Cut that out! You'll break it!"
Wolfman: "...what's going on over there: a sexy party?"
Dahl: "Erm..."
Dragoshi: "Wolf. You weird me the hell out, sometimes."
Digifanatic: "Okay. That's a new one."
Abe: "Please! We gotta stop the--KSHHHHH--!!"
Wolfman: "Sorry: the static didn't make it clear enough for me."
Nick Caligo (GM): It just goes straight to static.
John: "...What the blazes are Abe & Munch doin' on Motavia, and what kind of trouble are they in now?"
Dahl: "It seems we need to go to Mota.."
Nick Caligo (GM): Snake saunters over to the console and taps a few buttons. It brings up a map of Motavia.
Wolfman: "...okay, who are the mukkons or pukkons or whatever they are again? They obviously aren't ...well, you know what I mean."
Dahl: .oO( home ...figures ... the one time I get to go back ... there is trouble) * mutters something to her self.*
Nick Caligo (GM): He points to a spot nestled in the mid-western mountains. "The signal originated from here, in a town called Zema, in a place the locals call "Birth Valley." John thinks he meant Glukkons. What exactly a "Glukkon" is, he doesn't quite remember.
Dahl: "...Eh ? ...why that place ... ...and didn't that cave in ... years ago?"
John: "...The word 'Glukkon' is coming to mind. Anyone know what those are?"
Digifanatic: *Probably remembers nothing more than their name anyway.*
Aribar: "Mmm... Nope. Only stuff like sligs and slugs, or something like that."
Wolfman: "...then I guess we're about to take a trip down memory lane."
Snake: "Well?" He says, facing the group with arms crossed and half-smoked cigarette dangling from his lip inquisitively. "What're you gonna do? Gonna help 'em?"
Dahl: "Of course!"
Digifanatic: "Of course, Snake."
Dragoshi: "'Course."
Wolfman: "Why should we not?" *turns to Snake with a look of disgust... he's GOT to stop smoking.*
John: "They're old friends and they're askin' for help. It'll just be a bit of a trip.."
Aribar: "Well, first I say you're turning your insides black with that thing sticking out of your mouth. Second, of course we'll help."
Nick Caligo (GM): Snake takes the cigarette out of his mouth and exhales a bunch of smoke in Wolf's face.
John: "...Is there anything in the database on Glukkons?"
Nick Caligo (GM): He turns to the console again. "Let's find out." A few keystrokes...
Wolfman wipes the smoke away.
Snake: "Aha. Here..."
Nick Caligo (GM): *Ding!* A Smash Dex readout appears on the screen. "Glukkons!"
Dahl: *looks to the dex screen.*
Digifanatic: *checks out the screen.*
Aaron takes a gander at his Dex.
Nick Caligo (GM): http://www.boeschatt.at/Oddworld/Bilder/odd_1_story_mollock.jpg This picture is displayed.
Dragoshi: *Does the same.*
Wolfman: "so Glukkons are chain smokers: got it."
Aribar mutters something..*
Aaron: "I guess."
Wolfman wonders if that makes Snake a Glukkon as well.
Nick Caligo (GM): A race of industrious aliens; mostly businessmen, Glukkons have no fighting capability whatsoever, but hire and comission the construction of considerable defense systems."
Wolfman is mistaken then.
Aribar: "Interesting.."
Dragoshi: "Huh..."
Dex: "They are known for their environmentally and culturally unfriendly business strategies, such as the use of Mudokon slave labor, paving over vast wilderness areas, dumping sludge into rivers, and eating babies."
Aribar sarcastically remarks, "Sounds like they'd be nice neighbors."*
Nick Caligo (GM): There's a picture of a Glukkon--armless as they are--with a floating "California cheeseburger" in front of him, going to take a big bite. It's quickly crossed out. "... Uh... sorry about that. Gabbit babies." A picture of Munch appears onscreen, followed by an = , followed by a can of "gaviar."
Dragoshi: "..." *Raises an eyebrow.*
Nick Caligo (GM): http://www.oddworld.com/universe/native/characters/gabbit_assets/scroll_01_off.gif <--Munch. http://www.britfilms.tv/images/news/Abe.jpg <--Abe. Ugly fella, aint he?
Snake: "Alright... you will be dispatched to Zema via Warp Pipe then. Any questions...?"
Wolfman: "Will you ever stop smoking?"
Nick Caligo (GM): Snake busts out another pack of cigarettes and lights up a new one. "I can quit whenever I want."
Dahl: "nope ... unless you have more info for us...?"
Wolfman: "...no further questions."
Aaron: "Dude, I don't think he's going to."
Nick Caligo (GM): MEANWHILE.
Tifa: "Cloud, this may be our last chance." Tifa remarked sternly to her long-time friend as they approached the long-destroyed playground of sector 6.
Cloud: "... I'm still not sure this is a good idea." Cloud Strife brushed his hand over his head of pointy blonde hair nervously, hefting the shoulders behind which rested a tremendous, six-foot long sword.
Nick Caligo (GM): Tifa shakes her head. "We've never fought enemies like this before. We NEED all the help we can get..." She withdraws a device from the crack in between her hilariously oversized breasts; a small remote. "Please, go through and ask them for help." http://www.ffsynthesis.net/ff7/characters/tifa.jpg. http://www.toysnjoys.com/finalfantasy/ffac_figuretifa.jpg <--What she's ACTUALLY dressed like here. Cloud sighs. "Alright..." He steps up to the ruins at the gates of Sector 7... they're filled with rubble. There's absolutely no passage here... not into sector 7, anyway. Tifa clicks the remote; a small blue dot flies at the wreckage. There's a mighty FLASH! Questers: FLASH!
John: "..??"
Wolfman was about to go to the Warp Room, when... the flash took place.
Nick Caligo (GM): The Big Room's abruptly flooded with the light from a portal that appears in the middle of the room.
Snake: "!"
Dragoshi: "What the hell!?"
Wolfman: "...more visitors?"
Aaron: "Huh."
Aribar leaps to his feet and moves his hand into a spellcasting stance.* "By Whaller.."
Dahl: "guh" *covers her eyes.*
Wolfman just waits for the portal to die down... very few things can be more harmful than Snake's smoking habit.
Digifanatic: *Also waits it out.*
Nick Caligo (GM): A man abruptly dives through it, rolling over the ground and skidding on his feet and one hand. His eyes glow bright blue from beneath his marketdly pointy hair... mostly, everyone just notices the GIANT sword strapped to his back, though.
Dragoshi: *Pulls out silly-looking oversized black framed orange tinted glasses and puts them on to deal with the brightness. <_>*
Aaron: (goes to Dahl, then taps on her shoulder) "What's wrong?"
Wolfman tries to get a good look at the man with the huge sword... but is unsure if he can remember...
Dahl: "The light.."
Digifanatic: .oO(Now that's a blade...)
Nick Caligo (GM): He stands up. Snake glares at him.
Snake: "And what are you doing here?"
Dahl: "...eh?"
Nick Caligo (GM): He dusts himself off.
Cloud: "... Call me Cloud."
Aribar: "Greetings... Cloud."
Wolfman: "Welcome then. Cloud, that's Snake. Snake, Cloud. I'm Wolfman."
Snake: "Shut up."
Dragoshi: "...'K." *Puts away his ridiculous glasses. For another time.*
Cloud: "I... need your help." He seems hesitant to ask.
Dahl: "...heh could have sold my old sword to this guy it seems... about the same size.."
Aaron: "What's up?"
Nick Caligo (GM): Snake raises an eyebrow at Dahl's clearly phallic remark.
Aribar loosens up then.* "Aribar Hunter... At your service I think."
Snake: "This had better be an emergency."
Wolfman: .oO(I'd think it is Snake...)
Cloud: "You're the... Super Smash Questers, right?"
Wolfman: "We are."
Dahl: "..Used to have a giant sword like the one on your back.
Aribar: "Err... Aye."
Dragoshi: "Pretty much, yea."
Dahl: "..Erm yup ...at least I used to be one ... just passing though this week."
Dragoshi: *Polishing ridiculous shades for later in case of another bright light related thing.*
Nick Caligo (GM): He shrugs.
Cloud: "Our world's under attack by... some kind of enemy force. We're not sure how to fight them..." He approaches the console, rubbing his chin. He presses a couple of buttons.
Snake: "!"
John lofts an eyebrow..
Snake: "Cut that out!"
Wolfman: "Hey, off the console!"
Dragoshi: *Facepalms.*
Dahl: *blinks.*
Wolfman then looks at Snake, not believing he said that...
Nick Caligo (GM): He inserts a disc into the computer. Instantly, a picture of swarms of robots appear onscreen.
Aribar: "Err... What are you doing?"
Dahl: "...yikes.."
Wolfman: "...great... just great... more enemy robots."
Nick Caligo (GM): No one would recognize them either. They're gunmetal grey, with round bodies, thin limbs, ray guns, and multicolored gems set in their chests. Their heads are mostly featureless toasters with blue visors for eyes.
Dahl: "I have never seen this kind of bot before..."
Nick Caligo (GM): Some would see that these robots have the Robotnik family insignia on 'em.
John: "...Robotnik!"
Wolfman: "...Robotnik?!?"
Aribar: "Eh?"
Dragoshi: "Robotnik..."
John steps forward and points at one of the insignias. "Look there. Recognize that?"
Digifanatic: "Oh, man..."
Nick Caligo (GM): Cloud looks over his shoulder to the Questers. "You recognize these?"
Dahl: "Ro-who?"
Aribar squints and looks at it..* "Bloody hell!"
Dragoshi: "Yep."
Wolfman: "...it's a VERY long story Cloud."
Aaron: "Looks like a bunch of scratches to me."
John: "Mad, obese scientist, or family of them, that's given us hell over many years. I don't know if we'll ever be entirely rid of 'em."
Dragoshi: "Yea..."
Wolfman: "...alright, here is how I'm seeing things. There are two worlds in trouble, at the same time."
Dahl: "greaaat..."
Aribar: "... I see.."
Wolfman: "...I think we're going to have to split up our forces. Half can go with Cloud, and half can go to the other world, Motavia."
Dragoshi: "I mean, Gerald never seemed to actually die, even after that whole Zylcon thing, which i'm still not sure about, and Ivo, well, the last time we saw him, that was apparently a robot clone." >_> "Anyway... Yea. Apparently so."
Wolfman: "Due to... personal reasons, I will need to go to Motavia. Dahl, I assume you are also joining?"
Digifanatic: "Looks like it to me."
Cloud: "Well... it looks like I came to the right place, then..." He folds his arms over his chest. "Can you help us?"
Wolfman: "We're dividing our forces Cloud, so that some will go with you."
Dahl: "Anyone threating my home is gonna get a butt whipping, so of course."
Wolfman: "It's not every day we have two crisis situations at once."
John: "We'll do what we can. I'll go after Robuttnik."
Dragoshi: "I shall assist with the robot problem in Cloud's world. 'Sides, maybe I could hack into them then reprogram some of them onto our side..."
Aribar counts heads. Himself, Digi, Wolf, Dragoshi, John, Dahl, Sarasa...* "Roughly three to each world I believe."
Wolfman: "Ari, Digi, you two have to decide."
Digifanatic: "I'll take where Ari's not going. But I'd prefer going with Cloud."
Wolfman: "That works fine: I think Aribar can help us on the Motavia route."
Aribar: "Then I'll gladly take Motavia. I want to stay as far as well from Robotnik as possible."
Dahl: *nods.*
Aaron: "It doesn't matter to me."
Wolfman: "Aaron, I'd suggest you go with Cloud. There will be more experienced people surrounding you."
Cloud: "If you're coming..." He approaches the portal, pausing but for a moment to finish his sentence, "follow me."
Nick Caligo (GM): He steps through. The portal remains open.
Dragoshi: "Understood." *Would proceed to do so.*
Snake: "... I don't like this."
John looks to the other group. "Have fun on Motavia."
Wolfman: "Snake, neither do I, but would you have done differently under the circumstances?"
Aribar: "Have fun with a group of evil robots hellbent on ruling the world."
Aaron joins Cloud, as Wolf suggested.
Digifanatic walks over to Cloud and company.
Dahl: "... 20 years ... things must have changed so much..."
John then looks to Snake. "Nor do I. I'd rather not have to split forces, but... aye, we don't have a whole lot of choice. We can't abandon Abe & Munch, and we can't let Robotnik run unchecked; he'd only gain more power over time."
Snake: "A stranger rolls through a random portal into your base, asks you for help, and you just OBLIGE? How do you know this isn't some kind of trap!?"
Wolfman: "...he seems familiar to me, plus they're fighting a common enemy."
Aribar: "Would we be Questers if we didn't leap headfirst into danger to help others?"
Wolfman: "That too."
Dahl: *giggles.*
John smirks. "Don't worry, he's one of the good guys. Just haven't seen him around here before."
Snake: "Fine..." He shakes his head. "Don't say I didn't warn you, though.." With that, he leans back against the wall. "The Warp Pipe is ready."
Wolfman: "Thank you Snake." .oO(...I miss Metal.)
John waves over his shoulder, and heads into Cloud's portal. "Take care."
Aribar: "Have fun being scared of ghosts that don't exist!" *Jumps into the warp pipe.*
Dahl: "Let's roll" *cracks her neck then undoes some of the strings on her cloak so she can maneuver better.*
Wolfman: "Motavia, here we come." *hops into the warp pipe.*
Chancé here and has been here fo ra while... just quiet... yeah... <_< He jumps into the warp pipe.
Dahl: *follows Wolf.*
Aaron jumps into Cloud's warp.
Digifanatic: *Cloud's portal.*
(Some time passes and we rejoin the group on the... PS side.)
Nick Caligo (GM): Wolf pops up all by his lonesome from a warp pipe in the middle of the fucking desert.
Wolfman ends up... wha?
Nick Caligo (GM): For a moment he wonders if a mistake was made and he got transported to Dry Dry Desert while everybody else got sent to Motavia. Not so. No Pokeys in sight.
Wolfman: .oO(...Snake, either fix the warp pipe or take your smoking habits OUT of here!) "This is just... great... Snake, I'm going to get you for this..." *He gets a look at the sky above, hoping to have some idea of the weather.*
Nick Caligo (GM): After looking around for a moment he'd realize he was outside some stone walls around a city or town of some kind. The town's sort of terraced into the side of a mountain, with a temple of some kind sitting at the very rear.
Wolfman takes more looks around... hmm?
Nick Caligo (GM): On top of that mountain, though... that's the interesting part.
Wolfman: "A city? Well, this should be helpful. But..." *looks up.* .oO(Now... what IS that temple?)
Nick Caligo (GM): Sitting against the darkened grey clouds Wolf can see a stupendously huge industrial structure that seems rather eclectic with the rest of the backdrop.
Wolfman: .oO(...what is that?)
Nick Caligo (GM): Looks like this whole place was built by mexican invaders. Yep. HIGH-TECH mexican invaders. ... Aliens! That's it.
Wolfman: "...did I end up at the Rio Grande?"
Nick Caligo (GM): They landed and constructed adobe houses! The bastards...
Wolfman: "But wait... this looks nothing like that! But... gah! If I'm going to find out anything, alien or human or whatever, I'll have to go there." *marches on.* .oO(If this keeps up, even I might need one of Snake's smokes.)
Nick Caligo (GM): Seriously, though. The city looks primitive by comparison. Made of dirt. The structure on the mountain is metal, with pipes jutting out at various angles and going straight down into the mountainside.
Wolfman: .oO(Even though I'm a reploid...) *He gets a better look... oh.* "...maybe they can tell me where I need to go... if I'm even ON Motavia for that matter." *He will still go towards the strange city... no matter who invaded it.*
Nick Caligo (GM): Wolfman would recognize it from his early years as a Quester... the rows of pipes, the huge tanks, the smokestacks spewing black smoke into the air... Wolfman's in the right place, alright. That's Oddworld construction if he ever did see it. Just like from the End of the Quester Hunters and Aribar's Oddysee.
Wolfman is closer now, and gets a better look... woah.
Nick Caligo (GM): The gates are wide open.
Wolfman: .oO(...definitely familiar now...)
Nick Caligo (GM): Wolf suspects nobody's home, given the emptiness of the streets of this town.
Wolfman: .oO(...so I am in the right place, but no one is here? But I need information... gah, I don't like my conflicting memory chips anymore.) *enters the town.*
Nick Caligo (GM): Deloth drops out of the sky and lands right beside Wolfman mysteriously. *Beepbeepbeep!* Deloth's smash dex goes off.
Deloth: "WhuaaAAAAAGH--" *WHAM.*
Wolfman steps back a bit, surprised by Deloth dropping in. "...you might want to answer that Deloth."
Deloth stumbles to his feet, taking out his Dex as he does.
Nick Caligo (GM): *click!* "You're weird, Deloth!" *click.* The transmission ends abruptly on that puzzling note.
Deloth: "..."
Nick Caligo (GM): Chancé soon follows, landing right beside Deloth.
Wolfman: "...and so everyone just chooses to drop in after me?"
Deloth: "See, things like this are why I stayed dead for so long." *slaps his Dex shut and puts it into his backpack.*
Wolfman: "We'll talk to Snake about this later. Let's go inside now." *leads on.*
Nick Caligo (GM): The Questers enter the town of Zema, terraced into the mountain and made entirely of dirt.
Deloth: "Right..."
Nick Caligo (GM): Deloth: You thinks he hears something coming from behind a nearby building.
Deloth: "...Eh?" *He stops and glances in that direction.* "Hrm..." *starts heading over there cautiously, listening for further noises.*
Nick Caligo (GM): It sounds like... music?
Wolfman is somehow not noticing this... music. .oO(...okay, where is everyone?)
Nick Caligo (GM): Deloth can definately hear something that sounds like the beating of drums... And... the reving of an engine... and it's getting louder. Fast.
Deloth: "...Okay, now I'm curious."
Wolfman is somehow oblivious to the drums. "What are you hearing or seeing Deloth?"
Deloth continues walking, getting ready to take evasive action if needed...
Wolfman just follows Deloth's lead.
Nick Caligo (GM): *SMASH!* As the sound of guitars suddenly slams in to join the music, the building in which Del was looking at practically EXPLODES as a blurring green shape speeds through it and STRAIGHT at the group. A voice yells out...
Chancé follows along behind the others.
Alex Fender: "LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUNCH TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!!!!!!!!!"
Deloth: *JUMP!*
Wolfman falls back as the building... well, explodes. "...who is that?"
Alex Fender: *WIFF!* The shape speeds completely under Deloth and hits a pebble. One pebble. The object seems to split, one shape whirling through the air and slamming into the ground nearby, the other green object speeding off and into the air. "Owwwww... HEY! You're not supposed to jump when something goes flying at you at speeds enough to turn your brain into a delicious mint jelly!"
Wolfman somehow gets over there... "...are you purposefully trying to run into us?"
Deloth lands smoothly and turns around, staring at the flying... things.
Wolfman tries to Dex the creature that wanted to run into Deloth.
Nick Caligo (GM): *click.* "Dammit, Wolfman!" Snake's yelling at Wolf. Apparently he tried to contact you JUST when Wolfman opened the Dex.
Alex Fender stands up with a small PINGing sound, grinning widely. He's somewhat tall, standing about 6'0 even. His hair is long and crazy, hanging down almost to the small of his back. He's wearing what appears to be a dusty black t-shirt and beaten up blue jeans, a pair of high top sneakers covering his feet. Something glints behind his left ear. On his back is a familar looking guitar gig bag.
Wolfman: "...Snake, I wasn't trying to contact you!"
Snake: "That's no enemy. That's one of the new Questers."
Alex Fender: "Queswhooists?"
Wolfman: "Forgive me for not believing you so fast. He did try to run over Deloth."
Snake: "He's a little weird, but he's damn good."
Chancé: "Or Deloth ran into him?"
Wolfman focuses on the new one... wait a second... "...that guitar..."
Alex Fender: "...HEY! Is that the old guy in the tight, tight pants!?"
Wolfman: "...Snake, I'm getting back to you." *cuts off transmission.*
Deloth walks over to the new guy, glaring at him.
Alex Fender seems to clear the distance between him and Wolf to jump on him just in time to see the Dex close.
Wolfman: "Alright new guy... are you related to Scott Gibson?"
Deloth: "Okay, what's the big idea of trying to make me into roadkill?!"
Alex Fender: "Awwww... I wanted to make fun of his tight pants... Eh? Roadkill? Nahhhhh... didn't you hear me?"
Nick Caligo (GM): Dahl has the same deal as everyone else happen to her; fall from the sky, at the gates of Zema, city's terraced into the mountain, temple at the back, BIG metal industrial thing spewing smoke into the air on the top of the mountain, blah blah blah...
Alex Fender: "I was trying to turn your brain into a delicious mint je--GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY! It's rainning hot chicks!"
Wolfman: "...oh brother."
Dahl: *its the ground and twitchs.* "o-ow... face ...hurt ."
Deloth: *eyes narrow.* "Hey, man, back off..."
Wolfman goes to help Dahl up.
Chancé: "By any chance are you a spoony bard?"
Alex Fender practically THROWS himself off Wolfman to catch Dahl, and fails, flying over him and skidding his face through the dirt.
Wolfman then looks to the new guitar guy... who also went to save Dahl. "...alright, so you got some gentleman-ly traits."
Alex Fender: *muffled.* "...hey, I use a FORK to eat my mint jelly, not a spoon!"
Dahl: *blinks as she is saved ... and sweatdrops.* "...when did I get a Hover Te- ... oh ..." *looks down at the person that caught her.* "Hello." ^^;
Wolfman looks to the new guy once more. "Please tell us who you are."
Alex Fender gives Dahl some twinkly eyes, his face crinkling into one of those anime pretty boy looks.
???: "Hold it right there!
Nick Caligo (GM): *Cha-CHICK!!*
Alex Fender: "Why hello, fair damsel... it seems you were sent--"
Dahl: "wh- ...ah crap.."
Wolfman would obviously hear what sounds like a gun being cocked.
Nick Caligo (GM): Looking straight down the central street of Zema, everyone would be face to face with two of the UGLIEST little guys anyone has ever seen. I honestly can't figure out how to describe them, so here's a picture. http://www.boeschatt.at/Oddworld/Bilder/odd_1_story_Slig.jpg. http://www.gamechronicles.com/guides/exoddus/slig.jpg That pic's a little more accurate with the eyes.
Wolfman doesn't bother getting his dex out... these two want us to not move... doesn't mean he can't try to remember who -- or what -- they are.
Dahl: "huh ? .. a biomonster that can talk?"
Chancé: "It looks like a toothpaste tube... combined with a straw set."
Nick Caligo (GM): They each cock what are unmistakably machine guns and take aim. "Who're you? Yeah! State your business!"
Alex Fender: "It's a... mechanical hand with glowy eyes! And they're pointing a gun at MY damsel in distress!"
Chancé does a bio check on what they are.
Nick Caligo (GM): Wolf got PONG on the Smash Dex. Chancé gets.. *Ding!*
Deloth swallows a comment along the lines of "Is that your face, or did your neck get sick" and just stays silent, since HE'S not really sure what their business is.
Nick Caligo (GM): It's a ... slig. Sort of a cross between a slug and a ... umm... .. ig. (Editor's note: Actually a slug and a pig.)
Alex Fender drops Dahl onto her butt as he leaps to his feet, reaching behind his back and pulling an absolutely gorgeous 1969 Sunburst Yellow Fender Stratocaster.
Wolfman: "...we're travelers. We are currently lost, and we saw the huge temple-like structure up above. Could you please tell us where we are, and what that is?
Slig: "No! Yeah. Get outta' here or we'll pop ya full of lead!"
Wolfman: .oO(...someone else want to bail me out here?)
Deloth: "Don't you at least have a tourist's brochure or something?"
Nick Caligo (GM): Well... uhh... Chancé really, really can't tell what its physical attributes are past a couple scant facts.
Dahl: "We are here ... on ...a - oof HEY ... " *twitches.* "a little trip to see all the towns ... there is no need to be hostile."
Nick Caligo (GM): It's so... well... odd.
Alex Fender: "You threaten the damsel!? HAVE AT YOU!"
Nick Caligo (GM): Chancé gets the feeling they're tougher than they look, though.
Wolfman: .oO(Don't go fighting YET new guy!)
Sligs: "Okay!" They comply with Alex's request by opening fire on him.
Deloth: "...I kinda saw that one coming."
Dahl: "..oh boy" *face palms.*
Wolfman waits to see if this new guy can defend himself or dodge.
Alex Fender makes to leap into the air..
Nick Caligo (GM): Both those very unstylish dodge attempts were cut short. At about the waist, I think. Alex is riddled with bullets by both Sligs.
Deloth: "..." *wince.*
Wolfman: .oO(...and Snake says he is Quester material?)
Alex Fender: "OWCHIE!" *slams into the ground, his stomach in a great deal of... pain...*
Deloth: "...Seriously, do you guys at least have a pamphlet for tourists or something?"
Nick Caligo (GM): One of the Sligs blows the smoke from his barrel before leveling it at the group again.
Slig: "What does this look like, the world's biggest ball of CRAP? Beat it, buddy, or you'll get more of the same!"
Alex Fender lays on the ground, his guitar suddenly pointing upwards into the air and moving as he talks. "I have not yet begun to meatshield!"
Wolfman: "...new guy, I'd calm down."
Nick Caligo (GM): Each of the Sligs opens fire on him again.
Dahl: "or I am going to start hurting you " -.-;
Alex Fender rolls backward and to his feet, throwing himself to the side and out of the way of the shots.
Wolfman: .oO(...alright, he's improving)
Nick Caligo (GM): Some damage from one bullet Alex takes RIGHT in the butt, BUT the other one manages to miss as Alex tumbles to the side.
Wolfman: .oO(Maybe Snake was right... might as well see how I can help... hmm... how to help though...)
Alex Fender: "DAAAAH!!! ME BUTT! ME BOOTFUL BUTT!" *He hops about like a crazed monkey, holding his rear.*
Deloth: *thinking.* "...Please shoot him again."
Nick Caligo (GM): One of the Sligs eyes Alex hatefully. The other one starts chuckling.
Wolfman: .oO(...if nothing else, we do need a comedian...)
Alex Fender is now hoppin' about, out of the way, rubbing his rear.
Wolfman just waits for him to get out of... nevermind. He points everyone to start moving AWAY from the Sligs.
Deloth steps away some, making a mental note to smile and run REEEEEAL fast in the other direction whenever Alex appears.
Chancé sees them and skulks off after them.
Nick Caligo (GM): The sour puss sizzles with hate.
Slig: "GET OUTTA' HERE ALREADY!!" He hefts up his machinegun and sprays bullets at all of you.
Dahl: "*starts to back away. Then flails and runs.*
Wolfman attempts to stop the bullets with his Stun Shield to let the others have a chance to run first (Toad Counter)
Alex Fender is jumpin' about in a way that he could probably avoid the incoming set of rounds with his hoppin'.
Dahl: *growls and tries to dodge behind something so she can keep running.*
Chancé sees the bullets coming towards him, so he dives and does a series of dodges, each more annoying than the last, including but not limated to the ballerena pose.
Deloth: "Whoa!" *hops again and flips in midair, trying to keep himself away from the cloud of bullets.* "Whee, lookit me! I'm Errol Flynn!"
Nick Caligo (GM): Wolf manages to put up a shield that stops the bullets. Chancé avoids them superbly, Deloth does too, and Alex takes still yet another bullet to the abdominal section.
Wolfman turns off the Stun Shield: can't keep it running forever. Then he runs after the others to a semi safe spot to hopefully discuss strategy.
Deloth then takes off running after he lands on the ground.
Slig: "Yeah, that's right!" the Slig calls out, "you'd better run, mooks!"
Wolfman: "Alright... we need to come up with a plan. The question... what can be done to get past those Sligs? They already suspect us."
Alex Fender grumbles as he hits the ground again, groaning... "Okay... not good..."
Nick Caligo (GM): His buddy can't stop laughing; he falls over on his mechanical butt, legs wiggling comically in the air while he clutches his stomach laughing.
Dahl: *growls as she catches up with the others.*
Alex Fender brings his fingers to his lips, whistling loudly as something speeds to his side. It's a Green Vespa scooter, which he flails onto before launching after the others.
Deloth: "Well, if you hadn't acted like a total and utter meathead, you wouldn't have gotten shot."
Wolfman: "In a way, Deloth is right. You did bring too much attention to yourself."
Alex Fender: "Hey! I am what I am, so hash your trap!"
Wolfman: "Now, who are you? And don't beat around the bush this time either."
Deloth: "Whaddya mean, in a way?!"
Wolfman: "I am the field leader of this group at the moment. I'd advise not to order me right now."
Alex Fender grumbles, holding his side which is in a large amount of pain, and reaches into his back pocket, throwing Wolf a card.
Nick Caligo (GM): Everyone has ducked off outside and behind one of those nice tall city walls.
Wolfman catches the card.
Alex Fender: "Alex Fender, Rank 4 soloist in the GSPB."
Wolfman: "...I will ask again. Would you know Scott Gibson? Those initials seem familiar to me."
Alex Fender: "And I'm guessin' your guyses new recruit in this qu--eh? Who, Scotty? I know Scotty, I roomed with him."
Deloth: "...Scotty who?"
Wolfman: "Scott was a good friend of ours. This organization, the Questers. He did work here before."
Chancé sits out of the loop.
Alex Fender: "Scott Gibson, idjit! He graduated before I did. Yeah, he told me about your little escapdes, and since he had prior engagements, they sent me in his stead."
Chancé: .oO(Before my time.)
Alex Fender: "Does anyone have a band-aid? Or a cold compress? Maybe a moist chamois?"
Wolfman: "Chancé, do your thing please."
Deloth: "No, and I doubt you'll want me to cauterize those."
Wolfman: "Alex, hang on. If Chancé is paying attention, you'll get spruced up in no time."
Dahl: *scratchs her head a bit.*
???: "Excuse me...?" An elderly voice speaks up from behind Alex. "Did I hear that you were... possibly in need of some items?"
Alex Fender: "GRAZOOKALIKI!"
Deloth: "Er... yes, but who are you?"
Wolfman turns to the sound of the voice... and tries to place the face.
Chancé: "I will try."
Alex Fender leaps into the air and into Del's arms.
Wolfman: .oO(...I don't believe Scott was this wild.)
Nick Caligo (GM): No face to speak of. The voice comes from a short looking old geezer under a brown cloak, leaning on a cane. Looks like he's got a HELL of a case of scoliosis. That posture just can't be natural.
Deloth: "...you have to the count of three to get out of my arms."
Chancé waves his hand into the air, calling forth the incantation that will heal the hurt party member. "Nurse!"
Deloth starts inhaling for a big blast of Fire Breath.
Dahl: *Blinks and looks to the short old geezer.* "eh?"
Wolfman looks at the old guy... hmm..
Nick Caligo (GM): He holds out a gloved hand.
Wolfman: "Are you alright?"
Deloth: "Three." *drops Alex and blasts him point-blank in the face.*
Alex Fender: "Alright! Alright!"
???: "Oh, I'm quite fine. But you look like you're in a real pickle."
Wolfman: "...good guess."
Alex Fender makes to leap out of Del's arms and easily into Chance's.
Deloth: "He's gonna be in more of one if he does that one more time."
????: "I can offer my services... d'you guys carry gold coins, perchance? They can be so hard to come by here." He looks out at the desert thoughtfully.
Wolfman: "I do have some..."
Chancé was so..
Nick Caligo (GM): Yeah. In the DESERT one would bet they'd be hard to come by.
Wolfman: "Why do you ask?"
Deloth finally turns to face the old guy, thoughts of Alex going to the gallows flashing through his head.
Shopkeep: "Well... it so happens that I'm a bit hard up and... well, I happen to fashion items for a living, you see." He opens his cloak, revealing another cloak beneath... but more importantly, the first one's positively LINED with items, all of which you'd recognize.
Dahl: "...wow..."
Wolfman: .oO(...okay, who is this guy?!?)
Alex Fender grumbles, moving over to his scooter and sitting down on it cross legged, wincing at his slightly hurt but somewhat healed stomach wounds.
Nick Caligo (GM): A few vials of red potion, a metal box, a ray gun, a pair of super scopes, a set of beam sabers...
Wolfman: "...who are you, and how did you get... THOSE?!?"
Deloth: "Very carefully, Wolf."
Shopkeep: "Oh, don't you mind that. What matters is, I'm willing to sell 'em to ya at a low, low price! Say..." He puts his finger to what should his lip, then holds it up thoughtfully. "Half price? I know they're expensive whereabouts most folks come from."
Nick Caligo (GM): www.lostsystem.com/items.htm
Alex Fender reaches into one jean pocket and pulls out a piece of lint. He reaches into the other pocket and pulls out a Yo-yo. "Oooo..."
Wolfman has 20 coins... enough to buy a Metal Box at his half price.
Shopkeep: "Hmm." The old man grabs the Yo-Yo. "I've always wanted one of these. Here you go, son." He hands Fender a Super Scope in exchange.
Deloth hands the old man 10 coins and takes a bottle of Red Potion.
Wolfman hands the guy enough coins for the Metal Box... unsure how many that would be though.
Alex Fender looks at the gun, then the bloody stomach he has.
Dahl: *just wonders who this guy is then, and doesn't get anything due to lack of coin.*
Alex Fender: "Uhhh... cool! A... ray... gun?"
Chancé: "Do you have any pokeballs?"
Shopkeep: "Pokeballs?" He taps his lips again. "Pokeballs..."
Wolfman: .oO(...yeah, really seem suspicious of this guy...)
Nick Caligo (GM): He reaches WAY back into his cloak. "You mean one of these...?" He plucks out a little half-red, half-white ball and hands it to Chancé.
Chancé pays him 12 coins.
Shopkeep: "Thank you, young lady."
Alex Fender: "That poor Poke..."
Chancé: "..."
Wolfman: "Alright, you've impressed me. I still want you to explain how you got those Poké Balls and Metal Boxes at some point, should we run into each other again."
Deloth is somewhat too busy to be suspicious of the old guy. Right now he's directing an evil glare at the back of Alex's head, trying to make it blow up.
Shopkeep: "Oh, it's all in the wrist, heh heh--oof!" While trying to do a fancy wrist gesture he stretches his cloak, not knowing it's snagged under his foot, then falls offbalance. "Oh, my," he says. "Rumatism's acting up..."
Dahl: "erk.."
Wolfman goes to help the guy up, regardless of suspicion.
Deloth heads over and helps the guy up.
Nick Caligo (GM): He stands up, balancing on his cane. "Thank you."
Wolfman: "Would you at least have advice on how to deal with the Sligs? We're... out of practice."
Shopkeep: "Sligs? Oh, the ugly things with the guns? Well..."
Wolfman nods.
Shopkeep: "A hint'll cost ya another 10 coins."
Wolfman only has 3... drat.
Chancé: "I will pay 5 if anyone can cough up the other 5."
Deloth: "...That's extortion, you know."
Alex Fender: "...what if I played you a tasty jam?"
Shopkeep: "'Fraid I don't much care for jam... Oh, you mean the guitar? Well..." He leans in. "You any good?"
Alex Fender: "Am I any good, he says..."
Deloth: "Well, ARE you?"
Wolfman: .oO(...crazy old men...)
Alex Fender pulls the guitar from his gig bag, flicking a switch on it from to the middle notch before pulling the shining object out from behind his left ear. It's a gleaming silvery pick as he starts playing... let's see... ah. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. Something random and nice for the peoples.
Nick Caligo (GM): He rubs his chin through the solo, nodding.
Shopkeep: "Hmm. Yes, yes! Quite good indeed."
Alex Fender grins as he flicks his guitar off and puts it away in his back gig bag. "Well, can you tell us about them hand lookin' things now?"
Shopkeep: "Okay. Sligs aint too bright."
Deloth: *mumbling.* "That's for sure..."
Shopkeep: "Heavily armed, though. And there's a bunch of 'em, all posted at various parts of this town. Two of 'em are right there behind the first couple of buildings."
Wolfman: "We've already run into those two."
Shopkeep: "Whatcha' need in town, anyway?"
Wolfman: "We've received a distress signal from old friends of ours around this area. However, why 'here'...that makes no sense. I don't recall Sligs ever living in Motavia."
Shopkeep: "They don't! They moved in here not too long ago and set up shop in Birth Valley, runnin' everyone outta' this town!"
Dahl: "... I don't even know what a slig is ... and I used to live on this planet.."
Shopkeep: "They were talkin' about, uhh... Mako or something. Durned if I know what car insurance has to do with this place, though... these people live like Mexicans!"
Wolfman: "So we need to get them out of Birth Valley. Sounds easy." .oO(Probably actually isn't.)
Dahl: "...well then perhaps we should run THEM out..."
Deloth: "Uh, one problem. We may be smarter, but they have guns. Big ones."
Shopkeep: "Now hold on there, missy. You can't just attack an armed Slig head-on. You need some kinda' plan on how to get from here..." he points down at the ground "to there..." he points up to the temple-like cave entrance at the back of town "... without gettin' your hides tanned."
Nick Caligo (GM): Aribar falls on top of Deloth.
Deloth: *UGH!*
Aribar: "Gaah!"
Alex Fender: "A gigantic catapult made out of sand!"
Aribar: "I think... My warp pipe was a little off."
Wolfman: "...I doubt a sand catapault can hold us all long enough."
Deloth spits out a mouthful of dirt. "Gaaah... get offa me, Ari!"
Shopkeep: "There's a lotta' different ways you can do it... sneaking isn't the only method of getting around stuff you don't wanna see ya. And with fellas as loud as this young whippersnapper, I wouldn't try it." He gestures to Fender with a thumb.
Aribar rolls off of Del and stands up.* "Er, sorry."
Alex Fender: "Hey! I resemble that!"
Deloth: "We could push Alex off of a cliff onto them."
Dahl: "...how dense are their heads?"
Alex Fender: "Yeah, we could push Ale--HEY!"
Deloth: "Too late. You agreed."
Aribar stands off to the side and lets the conversation roll out.
Wolfman: "So we can sneak... fighting won't work... Rooftop leaping?"
Shopkeep: "Anyhow, I've helped you youngsters out enough." He starts hobbling off. "That's all I got to offer... good luck!" And with that and a quick wave over his shoulder, he wanders right into the town gates.
Deloth: "...Depends, Wolf. Do you REALLY want all of use to try and jump over five-foot gaps stealthily?"
Wolfman decides to try to follow the guy into the town gates... holding the Metal Box out, acting like a delivery man as well.
Nick Caligo (GM): By the time Wolf turns the corner, no trace of him is left. It's like he's disappeared.
Dahl: "we could run a distraction while the others get in ."
Deloth: "Dahl, we don't want just anyone to get shot. Just him." *points a thumb over his shoulder to Alex.*
Alex Fender: "Don't make me get my thumpin' stick, boy."
Wolfman: "...then hug the walls carefully and don't make sudden movements."
Dahl: "I am pretty quick ...I probably will not get shot ... too much .."
Wolfman: "We might as well try to do this like Snake would."
Deloth: "Don't make me get my slicin' sword, either."
Alex Fender: Is there a wall around this town or the place we need to get to?
Wolfman hugs the wall, hoping the others will do so... unless someone else has a crazy idea...
Deloth: "...Wolf, I'm not trusting a guy who hides in a cardboard box."
Alex Fender: "...why don't we just go around to where the place is, then dig under the wall?"
Wolfman: "...then we need a distraction. Hmm... Chancé, your Poké Ball."
Deloth: "...Alex, HOW? We have nothing to dig with."
Alex Fender: "...uhhh... go through the wall?"
Wolfman: "Think when we get close enough, you can throw it in front of them, causing them to focus on the pokémon instead of us?"
Chancé: "There are many guards wolf, and only one pokeball."
Wolfman: "I'd think when we get in, we can use our other items... or our luck."
Alex Fender: *sighs.* "I can make a distraction if you guys need one."
Deloth: "...Look, I was JOKING about you getting shot."
Chancé: "why not just walk around the back of the city then jump/climb over the wall."
Dahl: "Or both." *hmms.*
Alex Fender: "Uh huh. And your sword hand is quivering why?"
Wolfman: "The City is kind of tucked into the mountain. I'm unsure if that will work."
Deloth: "Because I'm thinking of sticking it into my mouth and clamping down to relieve stress."
Alex Fender: "Look, sneaking isn't my think. Balls to the wall, smash mouth fighting is my think."
Deloth: "Just... don't invade my personal space again."
Wolfman: "...do what you can to provide the entertainment then Alex, but do it RIGHT."
Deloth: "...Guys, I think I have an idea for a distraction."
Alex Fender: "Eh?"
Wolfman: "Just do something already." *He is slowly losing patience.*
Deloth digs into his backpack and pulls out... the lightswitch plate and photo of Wolf. "We need a stick and some glue..."
Dahl: *heads back into town and sighs.*
Deloth: "Or tape or something."
Aribar: "I didn't really bring any of that with me.."
Wolfman checks his Smash Dex to see if there is some internal compartment that stores tape.
Deloth looks around for a good-sized stick in the meantime. Something long enough to stick the plate on at the end without getting close enough to be riddled with bullets.
Dahl: *coughs as she heads towards the Birth valley, then pulls out her dex and hops the comms uint it in still works, she trys to talk to the others.* "testing 1 2 ...testing."
Nick Caligo (GM): Wolf finds that it uses tape storage for all its data... it'd break the Smash Dex, but one can get tape.
Wolfman: "...Deloth, your Smash Dex uses tape storage."
Deloth then looks up at Alex's guitar... saaaaay...
Wolfman quickly puts HIS dex away.
Alex Fender: "...whaaaaaat are you looking at me like that for??"
Deloth: *innocently.* "May I borrow your guitar?"
Alex Fender: "...what's wih the face? It's both happy and slightly disturbing... ...OH no. You ain't touching my baby!"
Deloth: "I just need to borrow it for a bit. You'll get it back."
Alex Fender: "Look, get us past at least the first two guys and then I can take care of the rest, eh?"
Deloth coughs to mask the words "in some condition".
Wolfman: "...Chancé, throw the Poké Ball at them. Please do not question me."
Deloth: "C'mon, Alex, give it to me..."
Alex Fender: "No!"
Aribar: "Just wondering... Why is the direct approach not applicationable?"
Chancé: "Fine." *He tosses the pokeball.*
Wolfman will do what he can to run past the guards once the pokémon comes out.
Dahl: *Calls wolfman then.* "Hey? you guys there?"
Alex Fender races by as well, leaving his scooter thankfully hidden as best as he could for the moment.
Nick Caligo (GM): Deloth finds the stick he's looking for.
Aribar looks to Alex and Wolf, and then to the othrs staying behind... Mmmm... Tries to run after them.*
Deloth: "...Never mind." *He sticks the photo into the lightswitch plate, then jams the stick into the slot where the switch would normally go. Just enough to keep it in place.*
Dahl: *is looking for the group of sligs infront of the valley ...yup tries the other Dexes in the group.* "...hello? ... great I think I forgot how to work this darn thing..."
???: "GROWR!"
???: "... AHHHHHHHH!!"
Nick Caligo (GM): The sounds of flaming breath searing the nearby buildings are heard. A Slig leaps up above the wall, his biscuits a-burnin'.
Slig: "MY BUTT! MY BUTT! I JUST HAD IT TUUUUNED!"
Wolfman takes OFF then to get in there.
???:: "GROWR!!"
???: "WE'RE SCREEEEWED!" *panic ensues.*
Chancé follows after wolf quickly.
Deloth: "..."
Dahl: *sweatdrops and goes to catch up with the group then.*
Alex Fender races after Wolf, trying desperately to not bust into laughter.
Deloth just drops the stick-and-photo assembly and follows Wolf.
Nick Caligo (GM): Sure enough, on entering there's a Charizard marching down the streets like he's Godzilla havin' a night on the town.
Aribar follows the others.
Nick Caligo (GM): The Sligs all try to take him down with gunfire, but it just doesn't work; they all eat flames sooner or later. You pass by a few charred corpses on your way through.
Wolfman: .oO(...okay, note to self: invest in Poké Balls later.)
Nick Caligo (GM): The Charizard gives everyone the "okay" sign as they pass by, then continues about his rotten little business.
Wolfman gives an "okay" sign back.
Charizard: "GROWR!!"
Slig: "AHH! MY PUUUUBES!"
Deloth: "Wolf, tell me something. Why did I ever bother waking up?"
Wolfman: "...I don't have an answer."
Nick Caligo (GM): It's not long before the Questers arrive at the cave's entrance.
Dahl: *follows~.*
Aribar: "... I am moderately scared."
Alex Fender is holding both hands over his mouth, by Wolf, his eyes watering.
Nick Caligo (GM): By now the panic and battle are merely a dull roar behind everyone. The entrance has rubble scattered about it; inside it looks like a box of chalk exploded.
Chancé: "Wow, nice pokemon."
Charizard: "GROAAAAR!" .oO("THIS... IS MOTAVIA!!")
Deloth: "...Dude. Did someone blow up a can of white paint in here or something?"
Nick Caligo (GM): Not literally, of course. Whatever stone blew up was tan-ish in color, like the sandstone around the group.
Alex Fender: "Are we safe from being heard for a bit?"
Wolfman: "I'd call this a good thing, actually. It should make things easier to see."
Nick Caligo (GM): There's a few large chunks off to the side.
Deloth walks over and checks those out...
Alex Fender doesn't care. He starts CRACKING up.
Dahl: *looks to the chunks and heads over as well.*
Aribar: "... Maybe I should have went with Cloud and dealt with Robotnik.."
Alex Fender laughs for a good while before sighing and shaking his head.
Wolfman: "Dahl, you should be slightly familiar with the layout here. You lead."
Alex Fender: "That was classic... my PUBES! Good god..."
Dahl: "In birth valley ? ... umm well ... about that.."
Wolfman: "what Dahl?"
Deloth picks up one of the rock chunks and stares suspiciously at it.
Dahl: "well .. In my time, this place had caved in so ...I have no idea where I'd be going" ^^:
Wolfman: "...right, I forgot."
Nick Caligo (GM): Looks like it DID cave in, come to think of it... Just someone dynamite'd the place good. Hence the rubble.
Aribar: "Wandering aimlessly typically works for us."
Deloth: "...Feh." *stuffs it into his pack and goes back to the group.*
Dahl: "alright then!" * heads in!"*
Aribar joins the Follow Parade.*
Nick Caligo (GM): Wolf and Ari! Both of them have wandered a bit deeper into Birth Valley.
Wolfman is hoping to find good stuff at Birth Valley... huh?
Aribar follows behind Wolfman. He glances behind the little group every once in a while to make sure nothing's sneaking up on them.* "Caves. I don't like fighting in them very much; too cramped for my bigger spells."
Nick Caligo (GM): Neither of them notice anything out of the ordinary. It's just a regular ol' cave... although there's a few pipes jutting out of walls and going into the floor.
Wolfman: "I'm not so sure this is the Birth Valley that I recall Dahl telling me about... ...wait: where did she go?" *He double-checks to see if he's not carrying her and forgetting that.*
Nick Caligo (GM): It seems everyone's been separated... or it's just so damn dark in here that nobody can see any of the others.
Aribar looks oddly at the pipes and then to Wolf as he asks that question.* "Ehh... I think we're the only ones... Must have gotten separated. Another reason I dislike caves..."
Wolfman: "Well, think you can shed some light in here?"
Aribar: "Let there be light!" *Snaps his fingers and tries to produce a magical flame to light the area.*
Nick Caligo (GM): Aye. *SHING!*
Wolfman: "Thank you." *He gets a better look at this place now that he can see.*
Nick Caligo (GM): With a... rather strange metallic sound, a fire appears at the tip of Aribar's fingers, floating just above it, producing light but not flame. He and Wolf have arrived at kind of an odd three-way fork.
Aribar: "No problem... Oh, piffle. Choices."
Nick Caligo (GM): There's two paths to the right and one that just sort of goes forward.
Wolfman: "Hmm... wait a second. None that go left?" *He looks to see if a 'path' to the left is theoretically possible.*
Nick Caligo (GM): Uhh. Nope. There's one that just goes straight and two on the right.
Aribar: "Doesn't seem that way." *Looks down the paths as far as the light allows for any paths seem to be sloping up or down.*
Nick Caligo (GM): Ari sees... not particularly, but the first one on the right seems to double back the direction he came in.
Wolfman: "Any preferences Aribar?"
Aribar: "Looks like the first path may double back in this direction... Eh, I say either we go straight, or just keep to the right wall and head down that way." *Points to the first right branch.*
Wolfman: "Hmm... tough choice. Well... might as well go straight."
Aribar nods and starts forward.*
Wolfman also moves forward, hoping he doesn't regret this choice.
Nick Caligo (GM): Both arrive at... a certifiable dead end. Kind of.
Wolfman: "...alright, I regret it." *He gets a good look at this dead end anyway to see if there is anything of interest.*
Aribar looks about..* "Hrm."
Nick Caligo (GM): Something's off about this place. The cave seems to narrow the further one goes down this path, leading to this dead end here; a chest is nestled against the wall, but it's been opened. Green light pours in through a moderately sized shaft above; pipes stretch down from this shaft and into the ground just behind the chest. The pipes almost seem to form steps.
Wolfman: "Hmm... might as well improvise. Maybe we can use these pipes to our advantage."
Aribar: "This is... Odd. Yeah, it's gotta lead somewhere. Wolves first. If I fall, I don't wanna take you down with me..."
Wolfman will lead off, alternating between jumping and climbing up the pipes.
Aribar follows his acrobatic companion.
Wolfman: .oO(Why thank you Aribar.)
Nick Caligo (GM): This shaft seems to widen as the two climb up, leaving more and more space for them to jump over. Finally, they arrive at a place with pipes funneling into a hole in the center--one you just climbed out of. All sorts of equipment lines the ceiling of this room; it's clear that this is part of the Glukkons' establishment. *WHAM!* Deloth is thrown back into Wolf's face, sending everyone careening back down the chute.
Aribar: "Odd pla--Gah!"
Wolfman: *OOMPH.*
Deloth: *UGH.*
Wolfman has fallen back into the dead end... gah.
Wolfman hoeps to recover out of this... by midair jumping!
Aribar tries to latch on to the pipes!*
Deloth just tries to dig his claws into the walls to hang on.
Nick Caligo (GM): Wolf latches onto a pipe on the wall of the chute. Deloth latches onto Wolf's leg. Ari eats dirt, but no damage.
Wolfman somehow grabs on... "Deloth? If you don't mind me asking, why did you leap onto me like I was your long lost girlfriend?"
Aribar: "Ow.." *Groans and gets up.* "What on Whaller was that?!"
Deloth: "Sorry, Chief, I thought you were someone else..."
Nick Caligo (GM): Chancé falls into the chute right after Deloth and winds up grabbing a hold of Deloth's leg, forming a nice chain of questers hanging in this shaft o' pipes.
Wolfman: "Alright, everyone that's on me, climb UP please. I don't want to lift everyone up at once here!"
Deloth: "Gotcha." *attempts to start climbing up WITHOUT using Wolf as a stepladder.*
Aribar waits for the three-ring circus act to die down before climbing back up.
Wolfman is currently waiting for Deloth (and maybe Chancé) to get up.
Nick Caligo (GM): Okay; everyone climbs back out. The room's round and all slopes inward like a funnel into the hole they just crawled out of.
Deloth: "...That explains a lot."
Aribar gets well away from the hole...
Nick Caligo (GM): There's pipes here and there that funnel into it; more of that green light can be detected--there's traces of it in the rock all over.
Wolfman gets on stable ground before checking the green light via Smash Dex... what is it?
Nick Caligo (GM): The Smash Dex dings! *Ding!*
Aribar watches Wolf Dex that light..* "What IS that stuff?"
Dex: "You're outta' luck, pal, I don't know what this is either."
Deloth: "...Evil, I suspect."
Wolfman is starting to regret installing the personality chip in these suckers. "Alright, we'll just have to be careful with the light then."
Nick Caligo (GM): A few pipes in particular move up and to the sides of a large glass tank embedded in the wall.
Aribar: "Well, it isn't immediately deadly... At least.." *He glances over the room, his eyes settling on the tank... And its contents.*
Wolfman wonders what... hmm? "Aribar, what did you find?"
Nick Caligo (GM): It's dark in there, but your light illuminates it a bit... There's a metal band across the front of it... it bears Dr. Robotnik's family symbol.
Aribar: "Hopefully not another Slogzilla or something like that... ... Oh, bother it all!"
Wolfman looks to where Aribar was looking... slag it!
Aribar: "Whatever this is, it's Robotnik's handiwork..."
Nick Caligo (GM): Inside it is a familiar-looking black hedgehog with red stripes.
Wolfman: "Butnik again?"
Deloth glances over at the tank, doing a perfect double-take at the symbol... and the robot.
Wolfman: "And... SHADOW?!?"
Chancé: "Shadow?"
Wolfman: "Now I really want to know what's going on..."
Nick Caligo (GM): It seems like these pipes are feeding directly into the tube; there's a few glowing, neon green lines going straight into his back.
Chancé: "sounds like a bad comic book villain.."
Deloth: "...Uh, guys?"
Wolfman: "Not exactly..."
Aribar: "What, Del?"
Deloth: "Putting two and two together with Eggman, do you think that that green color might have something to do with the Chaos Emeralds?"
Aribar: "And, Shadow... He's... If you faced him in combat you wouldn't be making fun of him... A possibility.."
Wolfman: "...that is a good point." *He takes out his Smash Dex again... but this time, tries to trace Chaos Energy with it.*
Nick Caligo (GM): The Dex makes a frowny face at Wolf.
Aribar looks at Shadow for a little bit longer before turning away and muttering, "Creepy.." He looks about to see if there's any exits or anything to the room.*
Wolfman: "Alright, someone else will have to do scanning. In the mean time... something is telling me we should see if Shadow is here willingly, and if not, free him."
Nick Caligo (GM): None Ari can detect.
Deloth: "Here, lemme try."
Wolfman: "Go for it."
Deloth: "...oh, wait. Never mind."
Wolfman: *facefaults.*
Deloth: "I never bothered to get a new Dex."
Aribar: "I... Don't particularly don't want to mess with Shadow. To thank us he might just blast us to pieces..."
Wolfman: "You should have one anyway."
Deloth: "Yes, but after years underground, I doubt it'll work."
Wolfman: "Give it a shot anyway."
Deloth shrugs and takes out a rather old, rusted Dex, powers it on, and scans the tubes, trying to determine what's in them.
Nick Caligo (GM): *Ding!*
Dex: "Mako --" Mr. Fender lands in Wolf's arms.
Wolfman: "..." *He puts Fender down.*
Dex: " -- A substance filled with the life energy of the planet."
Alex Fender: "MY HERO!" *He hugs Wolf..*
Deloth: "...That CAN'T be good."
Wolfman: "Get OFF of me Fender!"
Aribar takes a step back from Wolf and Alex...*
Dex: "This substance is used in some places to enhance the physical and mental characteristics of a person or persons."
Alex Fender: "Awww, c'mon, Wolfie. You know you loves it."
Wolfman: "I know I don't!"
Alex Fender: "But you doooooes!"
Chancé facepalms.
Aribar: "So, Shadow is being pumped full of... The lifeblood of the planet... Enhancing his abilities... Oh, piffle.."
Alex Fender hugs tighter, almost strangling Wolf if he wasn't... you know... a robot.
Wolfman gets Fender OFF of him by force.
Deloth: *ignoring the bickering.* "Dex, is there any way to track it to its source so that we can swipe it?"
Chancé uses bio check on shadow... as he is wondering what it is?
Alex Fender is showed away, grunting and grinning. "Aw, you're no fun."
Nick Caligo (GM): Shadow's a hedgehog. At least... some weird cartoonish offshoot of one.
Chancé: "What a stringe... creature." :|
Wolfman tries to ignore Fender while he gets a look around... hmm... Mako? .oO(But this planet doesn't use mako... does it?)
Nick Caligo (GM): You can tell very little about him, but you do sense something from within him. Power. Spectacular power.
Wolfman: "Okay, is it just me, or does Mako sound... like it shouldn't be in Motavia?"
Chancé: "His power level, I think it's over 9000."
Dex: "Mako can come from one of two places: a planet's core, or from a great wound in the planet's surface."
Aribar: "Don't know, Wolf..."
Chancé: "I mean, he is really powerful."
Alex Fender: "...sooooo, the planet needs a band-aid?"
Aribar: "Or these pipes go to the planet's core.."
Dex: "In the case of the latter, mako will flow to the surface to repair the wound."
Deloth: "Nah. Robotnik wouldn't go to all that trouble..."
Wolfman: "Don't assume that Deloth. But what really doesn't make sense... I've been to Motavia before. I've never HEARD of Mako. I'm sure that Mako doesn't belong here. Which means... wait."
Deloth: "But the guy's lazy. What he would do is make a wound and pipe it from there. Less wo--what?"
Wolfman: "I'm going to try to contact the other team." *He uses his Dex again, and hopes he can pull a trans-galactic call.*
Aribar: "Mmm... Why not ask the Dex how Mako was discovered? Maybe the people here never heard of it, but in a different world it's... Plentiful or something."
Nick Caligo (GM): *Ding!* Wolf gets a hold of... ... Snake.
Snake: "Wolf! What's going on, where are you!? Why haven't you reported in?"
Nick Caligo (GM): Alex waves. "Bye bye." *pop.* He disappears.
Wolfman: "I'm finally at a safe spot. I bring updates."
Snake: "What is it?"
Wolfman: "Shadow the Hedgehog has been captured here as well. He's caught in some sort of tube, being filled with green energy. It's NOT Chaos Emerald Energy. It's Mako. However, I'm sure that Mako doesn't belong to Motavia."
Nick Caligo (GM): Snake rubs his chin, growling lowly. "Hnn... Mako. Sounds familiar..."
Wolfman: "Is there a way you can patch me through to the other team so I can ask them if they ran across the substance?"
Snake: "Why would they know anything about it?"
Wolfman: "Call it a hunch."
Snake: "A hunch... those have often served me well."
Nick Caligo (GM): The transmission cuts out. Dragoshi's smash dex is beeping.
Wolfman: .oO(Cloud's world and Motavia were in trouble at once. I doubt they're related, but I have to be sure!)
Dragoshi: *Pulls out his Dex, and opens it up.* "This is Dragoshi L. Helldusk. State your buisness."
Wolfman: "Dragoshi, it's Wolfman."
Dragoshi: "Hello, Wolfman. What's the lowdown on your current situation?"
Nick Caligo (GM): Suspicious rumbling goes on while Wolf makes his call.
Wolfman: "There is something strange about Motavia. For one, Shadow is a captive here. For another, the energy that's capturing him... is not Chaos Energy, but Mako."
Deloth glances around for a way to get deeper into this factory... place... thing.
Wolfman: "However, since I'm sure Mako is NOT native to Motavia, I was wondering if you had any information on it."
Dragoshi: "...Whoa, whoa."
Aribar blinks, just now noticing the tremors...*
Nick Caligo (GM): Only way to go deeper is through the hole Wolfman and Ari came through. There's no other doors one can find...
Aribar: "Does anyone else feel the ground moving?"
Nick Caligo (GM): Deloth finds an interesting chute in one of the walls. It looks like some sort of air vent. It's round, and it looks like something's torn the grating off of it.
Wolfman: "Dragoshi, can you say anything more than 'woah, woah'?"
Deloth: "Ah!" *climbs into the chute and starts crawling forwards.*
Dragoshi: "Yes."
Chancé: "Deloth! Where are you going?"
Wolfman: "Well... can you at least tell me what you know about Mako, if you know anything?"
Aribar watches Deloth... Disappear into the vent..* "Hold on a moment!"
Deloth: "Sorry, can't hear you!" *continues forwards.*
Nick Caligo (GM): Deloth goes forward a little ways... then slides downwards at an alarmingly sharp angle.
Wolfman has not noticed the others going away... is that a bad thing?
Chancé: *looks ar Ari.* "After him?"
Dragoshi: "Well, lessee... It's apparently the lifeblood of the planet I'm currently on. From what I've heard every ounce of it that's taken kills the planet bit by bit..."
Deloth: "Besides, I'll be okay on my oOOOOOOOOO--"
Aribar: "Mmmm..." *Hears the screaming.* "Nope. He's dead."
Chancé glares at Ari. "Come on... *Heads towards the vent.*"
Wolfman: "...well, somehow Robotnik is involved here. Shadow is probably overloaded with the stuff, and the Mako is flowing free through the pipes."
Aribar: "Just a bit of dark humor... Let's wait for Wolf to get off the phone.."
Chancé stops. "Good point."
Nick Caligo (GM): Deloth is deposited in a wide cavern.
Aribar pokes Wolf's shoulder.* "Finish it up soon. Del's decided to go into danger head and squishy-dead-if-you-poke-parts first."
Nick Caligo (GM): There's two exits and a lot of little bits of odd, grey stone laying on the floor. It rather seems out-of-place against the brown rock. But what seems REALLY out of place is that one of the two entrances is a pair of ornate marble gates with a carving of a tree on its surface.
Deloth: "...Uhha."
Dragoshi: "Wait. Shadow is there? Also, there's Mako flowing from the pipes? What the hell..."
Chancé: "Ari, I am going to go down to make sure she does not go anywhere."
Deloth walks over to the gates and looks at them disbelievingly, tripping over the gray rock on the way there.
Chancé climbs into the vent.
Wolfman: "...I think two sets of enemies are attacking both places at once. However, I must go now. See what you guys can do over there. Wolfman, out." *cut off.*
Aribar: "Will do. Scream bloody murder if you need help!"
???: "Grrrr..." a spot of drool would land on Deloth's shoulder
Deloth: "..."
Wolfman puts his Smash Dex away, then goes to find Aribar...
Aribar: "Or... Ah, you're done, Wolf. We need to go through that vent to Del."
Dragoshi: *Puts Dex away. No more talking from this guy for now.*
Aribar: "Hope you can fit.." *He follows after Chancé...*
Nick Caligo (GM): Chance's deposited in the same chamber as Deloth.
Deloth then slowly reaches forwards and pushes at the gates, sweating bullets and REEEEALLY not looking behind him...
Wolfman attempts to follow by hugging the walls, Megaman X style. Might as well take things slowly.
Nick Caligo (GM): There's a large... thing... standing right behind Deloth, growling with its drooling, toothy maw. It's HUMONGOUS...
Chancé: "DELOTH! ARE YOU OK?"
Nick Caligo (GM): Best way I can describe it is a cross between a potato, a dinosaur, and a dog.
Chancé looks up.
Deloth: *mentally.* "...oh, dammit."
Chancé: "Er... what is that?"
Nick Caligo (GM): It stands on two hind legs, has no arms, no eyes, and looks really, really hungry.
Chancé: "It looks like snake's cooking."
Nick Caligo (GM): It turns around, seeming to look in Chance's direction with its dagger-like teeth.
???: "... ARF ARF ARF!!"
Chancé: "SIT!"
Nick Caligo (GM): Its barking echoes through the chamber.
Deloth pushes on the doors of the gate, then, opening it fully.
Nick Caligo (GM): It stops growling for a second and whimpers, but doesn't sit. It continues to growl. It whips its head around, hearing the doors beginning to creak, and rushes at Deloth at full speed.
Chancé: "... Don't growl at me. Sit! Now!"
Deloth: *mentally.* "Nothing left to lose..."
Chancé: "... I hate dogs."
Deloth whips around and points a finger at the creature. "DOWN! NOW!"
Aribar (hopefully) lands at the bottom of the chute..* "That was more fun than one elf should have... What on Whaller's going on?!"
Nick Caligo (GM): *WHUMP!!*
Wolfman would still be sliding down the walls of the air chute slowly probably.
Nick Caligo (GM): Ari and Wolf both land there to see still yet ANOTHER Slogzilla ramming its head straight into the rocky wall beside Deloth.
Slogzilla: "... Hnn... hnnnnnnnn..." It whimpers, then pulls its head out. "RARF RARF!! HARRRRRRRRRRR!!"
Wolfman: "..." .oO(Oh Slag)
Aribar: "... Piffle."
Deloth: "THIS WAY!" *does a quick backstep into the marble gate.*
Nick Caligo (GM): It makes another lunge for Deloth.
Chancé: "It seems to respond to commands! Everyone tell it to sit and stay! Except for Deloth... who should be running right about now.."
Aribar: "... It's times like these I wish I had a pet dog."
Wolfman: .oO(Very funny...)
Nick Caligo (GM): Deloth finds himself surrounded rather unpleasantly by teeth.
Chancé: "Wolfman, you're part... dog? maybe you can reason with it? like this... Sit!?"
Nick Caligo (GM): It scoops Deloth up into its mouth and begins to close its jaws in on him. Chancé already failed to get it to respond to him.
Deloth: "...Alright, this is REALLY not the way I want to die..."
Wolfman: "..." .oO(I don't like Slogzillas.)
Aribar: "Del!" *He fires a magical blast at the thing.* "Let him go! He's NOT a chew toy!"
Chancé: "Will if basic training will not work..." *He picks a vegetable.*
Deloth jams that slab of rock he picked up earlier into its jaws to try and keep it from clamping down, cartoon-style.
Wolfman: "Slogzilla... remember me?"
Nick Caligo (GM): Success! Deloth wedges its mouth open.
Chancé: *Holding the turnip* "... nice... work?"
Deloth burns shoe rubber outta there and into that gate.
Wolfman: "You wish to feed him Chancé?"
Chancé sees Deloth runns towards the gate. "Not really."
Nick Caligo (GM): It stops, turning to Wolf and growling deeply in its throat. The rock snaps as its jaws snap shut powerfully. Seems that he remembers Wolf...
Chancé runs after Deloth.
Aribar steps away from Wolf...
Nick Caligo (GM): Deloth makse it through. Slogzilla takes a deep breath...
Aribar looks at that door behind Slogzilla... .oO(Could slog-breath fit in there?)
Nick Caligo (GM): He can.
Wolfman: .oO(...oh brother... he does remember me.) "...wish to play a game Slogzilla?"
Deloth: *gasps and wheezes for breath.* "Oh, man... I haven't run that fast since I went through that little birthday cake escapade..."
Chancé sees it comming. "Oh crap!" he attems to duck and dodge and dace his way away from the breath!
Nick Caligo (GM): A plume of fire erupts from the back of his mouth, threatening to burn Mr. Lucent.
Aribar looks about for some big rocks or some other kind of cover...*
Nick Caligo (GM): There's a few over by the walls. Chancé's set on fire by the Slog's breath.
Aribar dashes and dives over there. He's no use to anyone as dog food, but he is useful for a pot-shot taker.
Chancé: "OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!" *stops drops and rolls.*
Wolfman hopes he can kep the Slogzilla's attention long enough for the others to do something...
Nick Caligo (GM): It steps on up to Chance and stomps its foot on him.
Chancé attemps to roll out of the way.
Slogzilla: "RAWR-AWRRRR!!" Chancé feels the huge, clawed foot ram itself into his back and dig in DEEP.
Wolfman: "Slogzilla, I thought you wanted to play. Stomping on people is NOT a way to play from where I'm from you know."
Nick Caligo (GM): It pulls its foot off and headbutts him to send him rolling back away from the door.
Aribar pokes up from behind his cover and starts summoning up a Fire spell..
Chancé: "That... really hurts. Oww." *Groansad.*
Wolfman: "Good Slogzilla."
Chancé: "I hate dogs... I really do.."
Nick Caligo (GM): It roars at Wolfman, then hocks up a skull at him.
Chancé gets up really slowly wincing from where the claw cut him.
Aribar then unleashes his weak, burning spell upon the doggy before ducking back under his cover!* (Fire spell!)
Wolfman dodges to the right of this skull... sheesh. "Slogzilla, do you really wish to play rough?"
Nick Caligo (GM): The way its jaws shudder as it breathes... Wolf gets the sense, that if it had a finger to give him, it would. In fact. *HOCK!* It spits up a skeletal arm; the hand is flipping Wolf the bird.
Wolfman: "..."
Chancé: "But it seems this dog hates you more."
Wolfman: "...it's go time Questers. No one gives me the boney bird and gets away with it."
Nick Caligo (GM): The Slogzilla erupts in flames and starts to roar in pain. It stomps like crazy, howling.
Chancé: "Remind me not to get on Aribar's bad side."
Wolfman: "That will work... let's get out of here!"
Nick Caligo (GM): It shakes itself, dog-like, putting out the flames.
Wolfman attempts to find the exit QUICKLY.
Aribar: .oO(Doesn't like fire... That's cacklingly good!)
Chancé: *Attempts to run again...*
Nick Caligo (GM): There's two exits: The marble doors it's guarding, and a cavern behind everone. Deloth went through the marble doors.
Wolfman will go through the marble doors then.
Aribar looks up as he hears the roaring... Go with the others, stay here... Mmm... Can he make it? Hopefully? He carries himself as fast as his little elven legs will take him to get to the door!*
Nick Caligo (GM): Slogzilla's so busy putting itself out that it doesn't notice everone running past him. All three make it through the door. What lies beyond its mysterious... mysteriousness? Who knows...? ... The Shadow knows... *shakes his head.* Oy. *Save your progress? Yes/No.*
Wolfman: *YES.*
(Another inter-session pause)
Nick Caligo (GM): *Seguing back to the PS group.* What lies beyond those marble doors is... well, no one quite had this in mind. The doors part before everyone, a pair of shutters that slide to the sides; one of them falls off its track, screeching as metal grinds against metal.
Deloth winces at the sound.
Aribar shudders at the noise..
Deloth: "I'm definitely confused about what the heck's going on here..."
Wolfman turns to the noise... sheesh, keep it down... "Well, let's just go on, shall we?" *enters the new room.*
Aribar follows...
Deloth: "Guess so..." *heads on in.*
Nick Caligo (GM): The junction here offers only a few choices; it extends into a service hall forward, or there's a pair of elevators off to the sides. A set of monitors to the side of either elevator display some information... one of the elevators is broken, its doors stuck open, and... from the look of it, the car's in cockeyed and isn't about to move anywhere any time soon.
Wolfman: "Hmm... the service hall perhaps guys?"
Deloth heads down le service hall, still confused about this place...
Nick Caligo (GM): The yellow line continues down the center of the hall, glowing faintly.
Aribar: "Ehh... Sure." *He tries to get a quick peek at the monitor information before moving on.*
Wolfman sees the yellow line again... what could this mean...?
Nick Caligo (GM): "Bio-organism Holding Area" says the monitor next to the elevator that still works. Deloth hears some voices up ahead.
Deloth: "Hey, hold it. Someone's talking up ahead..."
Nick Caligo (GM): Wolf wagers it's to indicate where one is supposed to go to find... I dunno, the main complex where people are actually supposed to be.
Wolfman: .oO(...and Deloth says that people are up ahead...) *to Questers, quietly.* "...follow the yellow lines, but stay quiet." *moves on.*
Deloth strains to see if he can pick out some of what they're saying.
Aribar nods and follows...
???: "Hm... nothing useful here, either," says a man with a loud base voice.
Nick Caligo (GM): A woman responds. "Hmph!" she says snobbishly, "All this mako, and these people never bothered to use it?" This is the conversation everyone is hearing.
Deloth: *quietly.* "Uh-oh."
???: "Heideigger, let's go," she says.
Deloth heads forwards, getting ready to make a quick move.
???: "... Well, Reno? Aren't you and Rude coming, too?" She adds...
Nick Caligo (GM): As the group inches forward, they come to a room set around a large, square column; it has been broken open by an explosion, exposing the circuitry.
Wolfman also moves slowly and quietly. .oO(I don't know what Deloth is hearing, but it must be good...)
Nick Caligo (GM): A blonde woman in a red dress and a man in a military uniform of some sort speaks to two guys in suits; one of them is bald; looks like he's got some muscle to him, and wears sunglasses, even down here. The other's messy; his sports jacket's open and his shirt's not tucked in. His red hair is held up by goggles. He shakes his head and shrugs to the woman. "The boss wants us to check around for some intruders that were spotted comin' in here..." He turns towards the Questers...
Deloth takes a lightning-fast glance upwards for anything to hang on to.
Nick Caligo (GM): There's a few pipes and wires.
Deloth jumps up, aiming for a pipe. Assuming he makes it, he then swings his legs upwards so that he's out of sight. Kinda.
Nick Caligo (GM): He strolls into the hall, looking around. "Heh... looks like we're gonna have a little fun after all, eh, partner?" The big guy with the shades nods. "Hai." He looks around a little bit more, then strolls back. "You go on ahead... we'll stand guard here."
???: "Alright. Come on, Heidegger."
Nick Caligo (GM): The bearded man laughs and follows after her, moving through a set of shutters at the other side of the room. Deloth tells everyone what he found, then goes rigid and falls over. *BOING!* *thud.* A couple of ants carry him off.
Wolfman: .oO(... ... ...I want some of those ants.)
Aribar watches the ants exit stage left...* "Piffle."
Wolfman: *quietly.* "I think we're going to have to fight. Be prepared."
Aribar nods to Wolf. Then awaits for these people to come around the corner..*
Wolfman gets to the opposite side of Aribar to give him room for whatever he plans to use.
Nick Caligo (GM): The man with red hair leads, stepping into the hall. "Well," he says, looking around, "if anyone's here, they'd better hope I'm in a good mood today..." He's followed closely by his taller partner.
Wolfman: .oO(Hmm... what to use? Charging up an attack won't work: the attack has to follow through. That means... better get ready to use my Stun Shield: don't want to attack if I don't have to.) *He tries to find some boxes to hide behind... always worked for Snake.*
Aribar looks about quickly... for any large debris or cover to hide behind.
Nick Caligo (GM): No boxes here. There's debris, though, yes, a whole pile spilling out of the wall.
Wolfman goes to whichever set of Debris that Aribar does NOT go to... need to avoid collissions.
Aribar hides near the rubble.
Chancé heads for the other pile of rubble.
Nick Caligo (GM): Chance and Ari are behind one, Wolf behind another. The two turks start walking through the hall, looking from left to right... In a matter of moments they'll pass by and likely see the Questers.
Wolfman: .oO(...now, we wait. I really don't like waiting.)
Chancé starts pulling back his bow... quietly.
Wolfman decides to charge up his Rage Tackle (Skull Bash) up... the guards aren't exactly friendly here. .oO(I hope this is the right decision.)
Aribar gets ready to cast a spell as soon as they see him...*
Nick Caligo (GM): They come to the Questers' position and stop, just looking straight forward. They've DEFINITELY spotted Aribar. There's an odd look out the corner of red-hair's eyes; his cocky smirk seems to grow slightly.
???: "... Well, partner, looks like they're not here..."
Chancé is ready and waiting..
Aribar leaps up from cover and thrusts his hand at the Turks. Intense waves of heat roll out of the palm of his hand and over the victims.* (Firebreath!)
Nick Caligo (GM): He whips around, drawing an extendable whuppin' stick and bringing it straight to Wolfman's head.
Wolfman also unleashes his Rage Tackle at the turk while Aribar does his thing: might as well hit him now!
Chancé seeing Ari jump up also lets loose his bow, hoping his arrow is aimed true.
Nick Caligo (GM): His buddy, meanwhile, turns towards Ari and Chance, performing a roundhouse hick to Chance's head.
Chancé attempts to dodge the roundhose kick with random rolling!
Nick Caligo (GM): Aribar's attack buys everyone else the time they need; the two of them roll to either side of your rubble piles, the big guy further down the way everyone is going, the red haired guy back the way the group came. They're each cinged. Wolf rams his skull into the red-haired guy's shoulder in the process. Chance's arrow hits the big guy in the chest; he'd notice him pulling it out as the flames fade from their fire-retardant suits. The red-haired guy grins devilishly. "Heh. Looks like they're a little craftier than I thought." His stick's tip blitzes with electricity. "This'll be fun."
Wolfman: .oO(Oh Slag: a taser!)
???: "So, tell me, little mice, just what're you doing down here?"
Aribar: "Couldn't we ask you the same question?"
Wolfman: .oO(Do not answer, do not answer, do not answer...) .oO(darnit Aribar!)
???: "We asked you first," says the big guy, gruffly.
Chancé: .oO(Well, we can sell you this lovely tin pet for $0.25.)
Aribar: "Oh, but three to two... I think you should answer us."
Nick Caligo (GM): They both start laughing. The red haired guy especially.
???: "Heh heh... I don't think you understand who you're dealing with."
Wolfman: "I'll answer your question then. We're looking for friends of ours that supposedly ended up here. Another friend of ours told us... probably incorrectly, that you were somehow involved in their capturing."
???: "What, the ugly green guy? Heh. He wasn't worth our time. Nevertheless," the big guy says, "we can't allow you past here."
???: "I think we need to beat some sense into these fools. What do you say, Rude?" He electrifies the tip of his prod again.
Rude: "Sounds like a plan to me, Reno." The big fella cracks his knuckles and puts up his dukes in a karate stance.
Aribar: "Haven't you heard of the Questers? If you think you can beat us, you're in for an enlightening experienece."
Reno: "I have... you don't look half as troublesome as Dr. Gerald said you'd be," He remarks with a grin.
Aribar: ".. You work for a Robotnik?"
Wolfman: .oO(Well, that confirms Robotnik is here.)
Reno: "I work for Shinra," he adds pridefully. "Now shut up. Let's settle this."
Aribar: "Try this on for size!" *The elf holds his hand palm out towards Reno and two swirling orbs of magic are summoned. They orbit each other as Aribar pulls back his arm. The mage then exclaims, "Magic Blast!" and sweeps his hand towards the prod-wielding Turk. Both orbs of energy lance towards Reno!* (Missile times two)
Nick Caligo (GM): Reno rushes forward, between the two missiles, arm cocked back; he rams his prod straight into Ari's gut.
Aribar sidesteps to the left of the prod.* "Too slow!"
Nick Caligo (GM): ... Gosh darn it.
Chancé sees a chance to do some damage! So he plucks a vegetable... and FIRES it at reno! And he messes up..
Nick Caligo (GM): Reno fluidly turns back towards Ari, the vegetable sailing over his shoulder harmlessly. Rude charges at Wolf, fist cocked and ready to rock! It explodes forward, full-force into his face!
Wolfman has a feeling this is going to be an ugly setup... he looks to Rude, and decides to waste no time. Doing a Mario, he goes for an old classic: Punch, Punch, Kick!
Nick Caligo (GM): Wolf doesn't even get an attack off before Rude's punch rams into his jaw.
Aribar conjures up a wind in the corridor. It twists about the elf and solidifies into a tempest of blades. He rushes past Reno, the storm of blades tearing through him.* (Whirling Fortress!)
Nick Caligo (GM): Reno doesn't even flinch as Aribar slides right past him. In fact; he sticks his arm out, readying that shock prod of his to clothesline Aribar as you pass by.
Aribar drives under the prod!*
Nick Caligo (GM): Aribar's clipped on the chin.
Aribar: "Gah.." *The elf easily shakes off the light zap.*
Chancé seeing his turnup fail desides to pull back his bow for a batter chance of hitting them!
Wolfman decides to figure out who these guys are... starting with Rude! *Smash dex.*
Nick Caligo (GM): *Ding!*
Dex: "'Bout time you stopped pushing buttons and let me do my stuff, pal."
Wolfman: .oO(...just do the scan already!)
Chancé: "Ooh. Sassy. ... Did I just say that?"
Wolfman: .oO(Yes, you did.)
Chancé @_@'s while holding his bow.
Dex: "Rude: One of the Turks, a group of elite special ops agents under the command of the Shinra corporation. Although regarded as one of the lower ranking Turks, he's one of the more dangerous. Although large in stature and seemingly simple-minded, his intelligence is not to be underestimated; he's an extremely resourceful adversary. Usually teams up with his partner, Reno."
Nick Caligo (GM): Damage: 17/400. Attacks: Martial arts, unknown.
Wolfman has the time to waste: he then figures out more about Reno through his smart aleck dex.
Nick Caligo (GM): *Ding!*
Dex: "Slave driver."
Wolfman: .oO(That's it: I'm removing the personality chip.)
Dex: "Reno: One of the Turks, a group of of elite special ops agents under the command of the Shinra Corporation. Like Rude, he's low in the ranks, mainly due to his disrespectful, carefree, reckless nature and his sloppy appearance. Despite all this, he takes great pride in his work and is regarded widely as the most skilled and motivated of all the Turks."
Nick Caligo (GM): Damage: 26/360. Attacks; Whuppin' Stick, Taser, Unknown.
Wolfman: .oO(...just who is Shinra? Bah... I'll figure that one out later. If I waste any more time asking for information, my Dex will suddenly form a hammer and beam me!)
Nick Caligo (GM): Reno whistles, impressed.
Reno: "Nice little toy you have there... too bad it's not going to save you."
Wolfman: "It helps to know who beats who."
Nick Caligo (GM): Rude throttles Wolf in the snout again; he makes to step forward, but brings his leg up into a high kick to his chest to send him flying further down the passageway.
Wolfman sees Rude coming towards him: he might as well stop the attack at the source! He quickly activates his Stun Shield (Toad Counter) and hopes for the best.
Nick Caligo (GM): Wolfman's not even able to reach the switch before his fist sends Wolf's head on a one way trip to the wrong side of his neck.
Wolfman failed to stop the attack... might as well just take it like a wolf and block it the old fashioned way (good luck)... ... he is NOT having a good defense period.
Nick Caligo (GM): Wolf's slammed against the wall by the punch and sent flying down the hallway with the kick; Wolf's back hits that column in the next room.
Wolfman is sent FLYING... ouch, that will take awhile to recover.
Nick Caligo (GM): Reno rushes Aribar, reaching out to grab him.
Chancé sends his bow and arror off at Reno!
Aribar rushes towards Reno, conjuring up a curved blade of magic. He lunges at the Turk and tries to cut his side wide open. He rolls upon hitting the ground and comes up quickly, twisting about and thrusting the sword into Reno. The sword then dissipates and he waves his arm the Turk; two more blades are summoned and sling themselves at the Turk.
Nick Caligo (GM): So much for that... Reno grabs hold of Aribar, lifting him up by the neck and getting ready to prod him in the face when Chancé's arrow gets him right in the back. Rude approaches Wolfman slowly, striding into the next room. "You're greatly outclassed. I'd suggest retreating."
Wolfman recovers from his ordeal, only to have to face Rude again! This time, instead of copying Mario, he'll copy Falco! He maintains a stance, almost as if hovering off the ground. Then, he charges towards Rude with a sudden burst of speed, hopefully blasting him with his Rocket Tackle (Fire Bird).
Nick Caligo (GM): He reaches into his coat pocket, withdrawing a small device; it looks like he put it together in a garage somewhere. He nonchalantly tosses it at Wolf.
Aribar takes a step back from Reno and asseses the situation... Reno's pretty good... He hears Rude's comment and quickly turns around while summoning up two orbs of magic. By the time he faces Rude both of them streak towards the Turk.* (Missile times two!)
Nick Caligo (GM): The device is consumed in flames before Wolf's eyes... he recognizes the objects bound together by twine and wire; DYNAMITE.
Wolfman: "..."
Nick Caligo (GM): The dynamite explodes in blasts of multicolored smoke and fireworks. Rude takes both missiles to the back, staggering amidst the explosions, seeming more than a little confused until he turns around and sees Ari looking at him.
Wolfman is not hitting ANYONE... it will take awhile to get back into fighting form.
Aribar offers a quick wave and a smart-aleck grin to Rude.*
Nick Caligo (GM): Reno wipes the blood off his face. "Heh... well, looks like you've got a bit of bite to you after all. Just like all cornered rats, really. HIYAAAAA!" He abruptly bursts into a sprint at Ari, jumping and planting his foot into his back.
Aribar turns about at the last moment and drops to the floor!*
Nick Caligo (GM): Aribar is sent skidding on his face. Reno snaps his fingers, giving a smart aleck grin of his own. Flames erupt around Aribar.
Aribar: "What the... Spells!" *Tries to roll out of the way.*
Chancé seeing his poor hurt compaion Wolf, desides to start chanting the incantation for nurse to heal his hurt friend. This will take a while however, so he waits as the spell charges. "Zin light flur aiguime..." With the spell fully charged Chancé decides to cast the healing spell nurse on Wolfman!
Aribar summons some wind which brings him to his feet. The gale intensifies and surround the elf, turning into blades. He dashes towards Reno and commands the whirlwind of swords to all strike at the Turk!* (Whirling Fortress!)
Nick Caligo (GM): Reno jumps, planting his hands on Aribar's head and flipping over him as he careens past Reno. "Haha!" He snaps his fingers again, facing Aribar. "Too slow, rookie."
Aribar: "Woah!"
Chancé grabs another vegetable, hoping it will hit Reno this time.
Nick Caligo (GM): At the snap of his fingers, lightning starts to chase Aribar; three bolts in a row!
Chancé pulls out a squash with a >8( face on it. He throws it HARD towards the turk called Reno! Again, he misses!
Nick Caligo (GM): Rude, meanwhile, tosses a bomb over his shoulder at Wolf and rushes Ari, leaping and performing a roundhouse kick to his head.
Wolfman sees another bomb coming... great... he attempts to jump up to avoid the blast!
Aribar weaves through the lightning, seemingly able to predict where each bolt is at..* "Never mess with a Jentanian Wizard! Especially one who is a master of all lightning!"
Nick Caligo (GM): Aribar's able to evade every bolt... Rude stops short of the lightning, adjusting his shades. The bomb explodes in Wolf's face and blasting him into the side of the column. Reno sticks a hand is one pocket, his whuppin' stick in the other hand and resting on his shoulder. "You're quick, I'll give ya that, kid, but not quick enough." He glances at Wolfman. "Looks like my partner's giving your buddy a heck of a beating."
Wolfman: .oO(I'd watch it Reno... I'm going to take you on now!) *prepares Rage Tackle/Skull Bash once he gets close enough.*
Aribar: "Hmp.."
Chancé runs over to Reno and uses the power of PEACH PARASOL on his butt.
Nick Caligo (GM): Reno ducks underneath it, tsking. "Much too slow..."
Chancé: "I should just stick to healing. ¬¬"
Aribar conjures up a red orb and yells out, "Cone of Heat!" before turning his attention to Rude. Another orb of magical energy zips towards the big Turk, only this one seems to be a bit slower than before and homes in on him. Meanwhile, the red orb spews forth waves of heat as hot as Californian air at Reno!* (Firebreath, homing Missile!)
Wolfman has had enough... he has charged up his move long enough. He looks to Reno with a sense of rage... he unleashes it, hoping to knock him down.
Nick Caligo (GM): Reno makes to jump, grabbing onto a pipe on the ceiling and flip himself up over the fire. Rude, meanwhile, tries to sidestep Ari's missile... Ah. Well. *POW!* Not realizing it's homing, he's knocked onto his butt by it. Reno rocks back on the pipe, planting his feet against another one to try and gain a little momentum (charging...) Rude gets up, taking but a split second to dust himself off before rushing forward at Aribar again; Reno swings waay back and then LAUNCHES himself forward at the little wizard. "ORIYAAAA!!" Rude charges, bringing his shoulders low to ram Ari's legs out from under him, while Reno makes to plant his feet HARD into his head; both at once.
Wolfman: .oO(They didn't attack me... for that, I'm thankful)
Aribar tries to roll to the right of Rude's charge and use the momentum to jump out of the way of Reno! He is pretty quick and agile, but not enough when the Turks are double-teaming him...
Nick Caligo (GM): Ari is simultaneously CLOCKED by Reno's boots and CRACKED in the back by Rude's shoulder rush; he's in for some serious damage... Reno dusts his hands off. "How did ya like that?"
Aribar groans, a bit out of it for the moment..*
Nick Caligo (GM): Rude cracks his neck silently, dusting his jacket off a little more.
Rude: "Face it, kid," he says, standing over Aribar, "ya can't beat us!"
Chancé: "Oh be quiet and eat your vegetables." *He pulls out a Glowing Green carrot that shifts and moves.* "CHAOS VEGETABLE!" *random fanfare. He knowing that this could do major damage aims carefully and chucks it HARD at Reno, hoping to catch that smug jerk off guard with a simple, albeit glowing carrot.
Nick Caligo (GM): Reno thwaps the veggie out of the air. "You think throwing carrots at me is going to beat me into submission? I'm a Turk, boyo!"
Wolfman: "Any ideas Aribar?"
Aribar rolls up onto his feet. The elf took a bit of punishment there, but it's clear to see the firey spirit of battle isn't leaving him yet.* "I'm the wielder of lightning! Master of the winds! Controller of weather! If you think that I'll give up so easily you're sadly mistaken. Storm of Blades! *Two cyclones of swords whirl about the elf. He dashes towards the Turk partners and leaps between them, the blade-filled tempests fanning out and slashing both of them! (One Whirling Fortress on the two of them.)
Wolfman can't tell who Aribar is aiming for... so he just goes for Rude, who has given him most of his trouble. He leaps high up above him, and prepares to squish him flat... hopefully. (Ground Pound/Yoshi Bomb coming)
Nick Caligo (GM): Reno and Rude are both swept up in Ari's whirlwind of spines; Rude's spat out... right under Wolfman's feet. Rude tumbles into the entry hall, thrown clear by Wolf's attack; Reno just tumbles to Wolf's feet. He smiles, rubbing his head. "Heh heh. Good one!"
Wolfman: "Is that supposed to be a complement?"
Rika (GM): Suddenly, the elevator on the north wall opens up, but... no one seems to be in there at the moment. Wind can be felt rushing, as a black and red blur seen dashing from around the corner and headed straight towards Reno. The blur fades into a humanoid shape with bright red hair and long, pointed ears. Suddenly, there'd be four bright flashes, and four sets of three white lines crossing the air at Reno. Then, the humanoid would blur suddenly shift over to Rude, doing the same maneuver with the flashes and slashes at Rude, before she spins around and does an uppercut on him. She would now be totally visible. She is a young-looking tan skinned girl with bright blue eyes and long, crimson hair pulled into a low ponytail though a couple of locks of hair come down around her face. She was wearing a black leather leotard, thigh-high heels and a white cape which stopped at her buttocks. On each arm were bicep-high black gloves which ended with long claws.
Nick Caligo (GM): -- NEITHER of them avoids a single one of her attacks; they're caught by surprise, shredded by the repeated blows... Rude's jaw is practically broken as the girl's fist connects HARD with it, sending him right into the wall.
Rika: "Who the hell are you guys, and what are you doing in my home?!" She growls threateningly, lowering her stance and raising up her claws.
Aribar: "Woah... It appears as if we've gotten a helping hand!" *Blinks upon hearing Rika.* "Err..."
Wolfman sees the new fighter enter... mentioned something about home. "...Please don't hurt me."
Nick Caligo (GM): Rude's shades are broken. He takes them off, looking at them startledly. "Uh..!!" He throws them away and quickly rushes into his pocket, withdrawing a new pair and flipping them on. His composure seems regained. Reno wipes some blood off his lip. "None of your business, bitch!"
Rika: "Get the hell out of here, or I'll kill you both! There's NOTHING for you here!!"
Nick Caligo (GM): Reno throws his arm out. "That was just a cheap shot! You think I'm scared? Come on!" Rude stands up, dusting himself off again and adjusting his glasses a little bit. "Show time." Reno and Rude both simultaneously rush Rika, Reno throwing his stun prod forward at full charge, Rude throwing a sweeping hook at her head.
Rika narrows her eyes and her movements become like a blur once again. As Rude, the one in front of her comes for her, she does a cartwheel around him, before jumping up and flipping behind Reno as he comes up from behind. It seems she's a lot more agile than she looks. She... seems to have ill-timed that last dodge...
Nick Caligo (GM): Before Rika can perform her flip, Reno catches her in the back with the stun prod; she's enveloped by electricity, the force of which explodes and sends Rika bashing into the elevator doors.
Rika gasps, getting slammed into the elevator door. She growls softly, as she starts to pick herself back up off the ground.
Chancé charges his bow, because he can;t hit with anything else.
Aribar: "You're outnumbered two to one now!" *Aribar calls upon more magical energy. Two orbs rotate around each other, building in strength. He then fires them off at Reno and exclaims...* "Magic Blast!" (Two Homing Missiles)
Wolfman hopes that this newcomer... the one that lives here... will at least be an ally. He decides to try to protect her for this round... even if he takes the brunt of the damage.
Chancé with his bow at full charge still angry about his chaos vegetable missing send it right at Reno.
Nick Caligo (GM): Reno gets clubbed over the head with a veggie. "Ow!" He rubs his head. "Didn't anyone tell you not to play with your food? Hmph! I'll deal with you when I'm finished here!" He decides to beat her senseless, slapping her accross the face a couple of times, then shoving his stun prod into her chest at full power.
Rika growls and swiftly makes a couple of hand motions. She swirls them around and then cups them together at her chest. "Deban!!" She yells as she's suddenly surrounded in a shell of blue energy.
Wolfman goes to make good on his actions to protect the one that lives here... he activates his Stun Shield/Toad Counter as Reno comes close.
Nick Caligo (GM): Reno takes a shock as he steps in to strike Rika, but it only stops the one hit. Rika keeps up her shell of energy.
Wolfman likewise keeps up his Stun Shield.
Nick Caligo (GM): Rika's slapped once. It looks as if that stun prod's gonna get you again, but what's this!?
Wolfman: .oO(SUCCESS!)
Nick Caligo (GM): Wolfman steps in; the electric shock is redirected back at him. YOWCH. The electricity builds up and EXPLODES, sending him sliding through the hall on his back and smacking right into the pillar.
Wolfman: .oO(Well... that was worth defending.)
Aribar: "Woah..."
Nick Caligo (GM): Rude, meanwhile, pulls out another one of his happy fun bombs and tosses it along the ground, letting it land at Aribar and Chancé's feet. "5" says the counter.
Nick Caligo (GM): Reno growls. "Okay. NOW I'm gettin' mad."
Wolfman did his job of guard duty... now it's time to see what else she is capable of doing.
Rika growls at Reno, he just insulted her. "Oh, really? Maybe you should have thought about the locals before you invaded their home!" She then pulls back, and does a horizontal slash across his shoulders with her right, then a downward slash with her left, before spinning and doing an uppercut slash with her right and then a downward diagonal slash with her left. "Double slash!" Then, she pulls her right arm back and makes a heavy downward slash, aiming to spike him into the wall with a smash attack!
Nick Caligo (GM): Reno's sliced once; he brings his arm up to block Rika's next slash; he takes the uppercut slash RIGHT to the face, clutching his eyes in pain; he takes the uppercut slash RIGHT to the face, clutching his eyes in pain; he regains his composure just enough to sidestep Rika's final slash in the Doubleslash combo, but he's beaten up enough that... *CRASH!!* He's NAILED right against that wall again by the smash.
Rika: "Come on, what are you; made of glass? Fight like a man!"
Reno: "Ungh.." He shakes his head, then hops to his feet. "Why you little..."
Rude: Partner!" He calls for Reno's attention. "We should regroup."
Nick Caligo (GM): Reno pauses, growling. He looks at Rika, then at Rude, then at Rika again, making to charge her; he stops and turns around, throwing his arms down. "Damn it. Fine!"
Aribar runs away from the bomb and towards its owner! More whirling wind picks up and turns into blades as he rushes at Rude. After making one pass at the big Turk, Aribar turns arund and dashes past him again, the wind swords slicing all the while!* (Whirling Fortress x 2)
Nick Caligo (GM): Rude's left with a bunch of cuts all over his brand new suit; he shakes off the pain, then pulls his fist back. "HiYAH!!" He throws it forward, engulfed in blue energy, right at Ari's head.
Aribar: "Gah.." *He gave out a beating and is now gettin' some payback for it..*
Nick Caligo (GM): Right after Aribar shreds him, he take it to the chest; he's sent skidding on his butt... right next to the happy fun bomb. BOOM!! It explodes in a torrent of fireworks and smoke.
Chancé picks up the happy fun bomb and--
Wolfman looks to Reno with an evil look... so much trouble that one has caused the Wolfman...
Chancé picks another vegetable then and tosses it, wee.
Nick Caligo (GM): It blows up in Chancé face.
Wolfman decides to jump towards him, soumersaulting as he does so. During the descent, he unleashes a simple kick to his head. Upon landing, he maintains his stance, as if charging up for something... which he is.
Aribar tries to roll away from the explosion!*
Chancé: .oO(OBJECTION?)
Nick Caligo (GM): Some damage to Aribar, too, from the bomb. The smoke chokes everyone's lungs and clouds up the hall.
Aribar is looking tattered and worn out now..
Nick Caligo (GM): It takes a minute or two for the vent systems to clear it out; by then, the Turks, Reno and Rude, are both gone.
Chancé brings up his shloke over his mouth and nose.
Rika growls as she turns away, and covers her mouth with her hand.
Aribar groans, getting up...* "Blast. They got away."
Wolfman does what he can to wave the smoke out before the vent systems kick in... sheesh.
Nick Caligo (GM): *BOOM!!* There's another explosion from up ahead, as if on cue. The whole place starts shaking; everyone hears metal screeching, bent outta' shape as girders start to collapse.
Chancé: "Guys we better get out of here."
Wolfman: "We can't leave yet though! We still have to rescue Abe and Munch!"
Chancé: "I mean out of this area! Lead the way Wolfboy!"
Aribar: "Uhh... Wait.."
Wolfman goes aft--(waiting!)
Aribar looks to Rika.* "Ah... Greetings, there."
Wolfman: "Introductions later Aribar: let's move!" *grabs Aribar by his arm and starts chasing after Rude and Reno.*
Aribar: "Gaah!" *Drag'd!*
Chancé follows behind him.
Nick Caligo (GM): One girder after another, with debris raining all around, falls to block everyone's passage. If the Questers aren't quick enough, the hall will be swallowed up... The column in the next room begins to buckle, toppling over.
Wolfman: "Oh hell no..." *still dragging Aribar.* .oO(...idea)
Aribar: "Oh, piffle!"
Nick Caligo (GM): Sparks rain as electronics are split into pieces.
Wolfman: "Aribar, be thankful you're holding onto me right now. You're about to be flung across." *grabs Aribar proper and throws him forward.*
Aribar: "Eep!"
Wolfman will then jump across himself.
Rika growls, then looks about. "We need to get out of here, it's about to collapse! Back into Birth Valley!!" She runs for the elevator leading back into Birth Valley.
Chancé uses jump double jump and umbrella.
Nick Caligo (GM): Rika makes it easily, but by now the others are so far ahead of her they don't even hear it. ...
Rika: "Oh, hell..." She growls softly. They're heading to the core for something... so she'll risk herself and start to head after them, hopping across the beams as they come down and heading for the elevator leading to the core, where she came from.
Wolfman just picks up Aribar after the failed throw, carries him, then jumps across proper.
Aribar gets up off of the floor and tries to just to run deeper inside.
Rika is, still, heading for the elevator leading down into the computer core.
Aribar: *... Deeper inside! And hopefully not to our deaths!*
Chancé follows the crazy lady.
Wolfman will change his action completely, and just follow Rika... this is her home, and she knows where she's going. .oO(Abe, Munch... I hope you guys are alright)
Nick Caligo (GM): Everyone makes it into the elevator, which begins to lower slowly. It trembles a little, stopping for a moment while metal creaks all around the group; it starts up again, much to everyone's relief, and slowly begins to lower you downwards, into the depths of the complex. Now would be the time for introductions.
Wolfman just sits in a corner in the elevator, trying to calm down from that battle... He then looks to the woman, and... wait a second...
Aribar: "Whew.."
Wolfman: "...you seem familiar to me for some reason. Who are you?"
Rika: "...Hmph, elevator's too slow." She says before heading on. She'd look at the cables leading down, before leaping at one, and sliding down it. Once down, she'd get out of the shaft before the elevator stops, landing in a crouch on the threshold.
Chancé: "Hello, Thank you for joining us in battle. I am Chancé. Oh, I never noticed it before. Hello Again Rika."
Wolfman sees the woman... leave?
Aribar: "Okay..."
Wolfman: "...you seem familiar to me for some reason. Who are you?" *talking to the new one.*
Rika: "...familiar? We've never met."
Aribar: "Ah... Greetings. Aribar Hunter, at your service... Sorry for barging into... Your home I believe."
Wolfman: "You look like someone that I've worked with before... I believe her name is Dahl Mallos." .oO(Now, is this the same one, or a different one?)
Rika: "...My name's Rika. What I want to know is, what are you doing here? I thought Birth Valley collapsed?"
Wolfman: "We were trying to find two old friends of ours that were part of the Oddworld realm."
Aribar: "There's been a bit of trouble caused by the employers of the men we just fought.."
Wolfman: "However, we ran into... much more. Birth Valley, as you call this place... has apparently been rebuilt."
Nick Caligo (GM): Re-excavated is more like it.
Wolfman: "...as for why I mentioned Dahl, Rika... do you actually have any children?"
Rika: "...My father, SEED, destroyed itself when it let me go with a group that came in here three years earlier..." She looks to Wolfman. "...No, I don't.
Wolfman: "Must have been a parallel universe or something. Thanks for clearing that up." .oO(And bringing up another headache.) "Those two Turks that you helped us fight... they are apparently teamed up with a ragtag bunch of Sligs, Slogs, and robots headed by some Dr. Robotnik and Shinra, trying to harness some sort of Mako energy. They have also captured... a neutral party, a Shadow the Hedgehog. He was caught in one of the tubes we saw earlier, but couldn't do anything to help him at the moment."
Rika: "Mako energy, never heard of it..."
Wolfman: "It's not a part of this world. It was brought over here... and by doing so, another world is apparently dying."
Aribar: "It's the lifeblood of the planet."
Wolfman: "Of a planet Aribar. And I suspect that it's the same planet the other Questers have gone to."
Rika: "No such thing... this planet's got magma underneith, just like any other."
Wolfman: "I'd call Mako more... it sounds more like something in the air or the water."
Rika: "Nope, Motavia's seas are water... and its air is nitrogen, oxygen and argon..."
Wolfman: "Similar to most other worlds then... including my own. That sort of brings you up to speed on my end. How about yours?"
Rika: "Well, a year ago, the purest darkness tried to destroy the entire solar system, and thus the seal holding it back so it could then go about rampaging across the universe unchecked... Three years ago, the computer core of SEED self-destructed...
Aribar: "... Huh."
Wolfman: "So you just defeated a huge evil, and now you came back to find some strange creatures invading your home."
Rika: "Yeah. And for another, they dug out the cavern that had collapsed after the explosion. I decided to investigate on my own... I knew SEED has self-repair functions, but I didn't figure that it could rebuild itself!"
Nick Caligo (GM): It's... not exactly rebuilt. The whole place is a horrible wreck.
Wolfman: "Somehow, I'm unsure how much of this was rebuilt by... itself. Doesn't quite look like it."
Rika: "Of course... that didn't happen, and then I saw people mucking about in here. I need to get them out, because SEEDs memory banks may still be intact... and with it, the genetic structure of *every* being on Motavia."
Wolfman: "Are there other... computer systems similar to SEED on Motavia?"
Rika: "There was one... but it's deactivated now, NURVUS. It was the central control system for all of the systems governing Motavia. The dark wizard Zio built his fortress directly on top of the entrance to the NURVUS complex."
Wolfman: "...ZIO?!? OY... that's a nightmare."
Aribar: "... Zio?!"
Wolfman: "We've actually had to fight him many times. Or at least... some version of him."
Rika: "...you know about Zio? He killed one of the highest-ranked hunters on Motavia... and he was instrumental in partially breaking the seal on the Profound Darkness... Of course, he was being controlled by Dark Force which was residing on the orbital control satellite Kuran..."
Wolfman: "...was that hunter... Alys Brangwin?"
Rika: "Yeah, that was her name."
Aribar: "We've run into both Zio and Alys in the past.."
Wolfman: "Then this isn't the same Motavia and its citizens that I'm familiar with. Similar... but not exactly the same."
Rika: "...But that's impossible! Alys is dead..."
Wolfman: "She died in pretty much the same way from what I remembered when we did see her, though." .oO(At least, that's how I remember it.)
Rika: "She took a direct blast from Zio's Black Energy Wave, not even my strongest healing technique would cure her."
Wolfman: "And the same with our healing techniques from my world. Not even a portable box that can normally be used to keep people inside would work."
Rika: "...You can keep people in boxes?"
Wolfman: "Again... we probably did not run into the Alys you knew."
Nick Caligo (GM): The elevator stops. The doors open.
Wolfman: "...used to. It's an outdated technology now. Too many bugs."
Nick Caligo (GM): The group is greeted by the sight of the little old man they met outside.
Shopkeep: "I wouldn't be... too sure of that, Wolfman."
Rika heads out into the computer core room, then suddenly shrieks. "AHH! WHAT THE HELL ARE THOSE?!"
Wolfman: "...okay, now I'm SURE you are familiar. You have the same items that the Smashers use, you know of the Transformers..."
Aribar blinks and looks at the man.* "Err... Greetings.."
Rika unsheaths her claws with a soft "shing", and she falls into her battle stance.
Wolfman: "For all I know, you also know about the links to Mako, Robotnik, Shinra, Sligs, Slogs, Turks, Koopas, and Hedgehogs."
Shopkeep: "Put those down, young lady, I mean ya no harm..."
Wolfman: "Rika, at ease."
Shopkeep: "Koopas? Those aint involved a bit... the rest, well... I know a little."
Rika: "...Who the hell are you?!" She refuses.
Shopkeep: "Well... maybe one Koopa..."
Wolfman: "..." .oO(...no way... it CAN'T BE)
Nick Caligo (GM): He drops his cane.
Wolfman: .oO(...this makes no sense... he ALSO died the same way!)
Rika: "And what the hell are you doing so close to the core? Further more, how the HELL did you get in here anyway?"
Wolfman: "We're about to get our answers Rika."
Shopkeep: "Oh, it's not much of a challenge for..."
Aribar: "... Klumsy?"
Nick Caligo (GM): He throws off his cloak... DR. DONEZ.
Wolfman: .oO(...)
Nick Caligo (GM): He shrugs his cloak off from his shoulders, a couple of small trinkets dropping along with it. You see the familiar, bespectacled face of an old friend; an orange-shelled koopa with a high-pitched, nerdy voice.
Klumsy: "Right you are, Ari!"
Wolfman: "...Klumsy Koopa, you owe me a HUGE explanation as to how you survived total death here!"
Rika: "Wait... what the hell?" She blinks. "You don't look like a Motavian or a Dezolisian... or even any of the lifeforms from either planet... Could you be from Ryukross?"
Klumsy: "¬¬ ... Yes. I'm from Rykross."
Rika: "...really?"
Klumsy: "No."
Rika: "...Oh." She blinks. "Wait a minute... if you're not from there... you're not even from this solar system, are you? Where did you come from?"
Wolfman: "Rika, meet Klumsy Koopa. One of the original Super Smash Questers, the group I'm a part of."
Aribar walks over and pokes Klumsy.*
Wolfman: "Rika, same place I'm from, to an extent. You've already deduced I'm not a part of Motavia."
Klumsy: "Pleased to meet you."
Nick Caligo (GM): He extends a hand to shake Rika's, only to get his feet tangled up at his ankles; he stumbles, his feet seeming to lose all footing; Ari's poke sends him stumbling over; he fumbles around, flailing his arms and legs, getting all tangled up in his cloak until it wraps itself around his mouth. "MMMF!! MMF!!" He yanks it off. "GUH!!" Indignantly he stands up. and slaps Aribar. "Don't DO that!"
Aribar: "Gah! I just had to make sure you were real and not a hologram or a zombie.."
Wolfman gets a laugh... the type of laugh he hasn't had in QUITE a while. "If nothing else, I almost feel right at home. However... this isn't the best time for pleasentries."
Rika giggles. "He's funny..." She steps around him, and heads up to the console which she used to use to interact with SEED. She looks up at the burnt-out core and sighs. "...I'm home, daddy..."
Klumsy: "No," he says, brushing himself off. "I'm not a---WHAH!!" He slips on the cloak at his feet once more; everyone feels like he's gonna fall on them; everyone flinches.
Nick Caligo (GM): Opening their eyes, they find he's nowhere in sight.
Klumsy: "... Guys? GUYS!?"
Nick Caligo (GM): His voice echoes from above.
Aribar looks up...
Rika blinks and looks to the source of his voice. "...How the hell did you get up there?"
Nick Caligo (GM): It's dark up there. No one knows that there IS a ceiling.
Klumsy: "... I can't get down."
Aribar: "You... aren't..."
Wolfman: "...you didn't... Klumsy, get down from there!" .oO(...REALLY like old times)
Aribar: "Just try... Standing on one leg or something.."
Rika: "...I never even knew there WAS an up-there! Eight years of living here and... wow..."
Klumsy: "NO WAY, Ari, you know what happened the last time I did that! ... Maybe if I--HUAHH!!"
Nick Caligo (GM): *WHUMP!*
Wolfman just has to chuckle again.
Aribar: "Well, that problem's fixed... For now."
Rika: "Um... is he okay?"
Nick Caligo (GM): Abruptly Rika breaks his fall. He sits up, shaking his head, and blushes, waving at her.
Wolfman: "He's fine. Are you?" *He helps Rika get up.*
Rika blinks, looking up at him, before suddenly she starts flailing. "GAH! Get off of me you crazy turtle! I'm not into that!!!"
Nick Caligo (GM): He stands up, dusting himself off. "Grr. I'm NEVER gonna enjoy that." He coughs, sweeping his hands over himself repeatedly. Whatever's up there, it was REALLY dusty.
Wolfman: "It's alright Rika... Klumsy isn't like that." .oO(Usually.)
Nick Caligo (GM): After batting the last of the dust from his shell, he adjusts his glasses, which appear to have "Rosebud" written in the dust on them somehow. He screws up his eyes. "Oh, for pete's sake!"
Rika: She then gets up, and wipes off her face. "...Man, there must have been a thousand years of dust up there..."
Wolfman: "Probably."
Nick Caligo (GM): He pulls a little cloth out of his shell and wipes them off. "So as I was saying..."
Wolfman turns to Klumsy. "Alright Klumsy, please tell us what you know and how you are alive.
Klumsy: "I never died," he states simply.
Wolfman: "But... but... I'm sure you did!"
Aribar: "... I think he might have tripped OVER death."
Klumsy: "Nope," he says, shaking his head. "Not dead. Actually," he points to Ari, "he's right."
Wolfman: "...explain yourself. The both of you."
Klumsy: "... Both?" He looks around, under his armpits. "Is there some kind of small mollusk living on me that I don't know about?"
Aribar: "Is it that far fetched to believe he accidentally tripped over death?"
Wolfman: "No no no... I am pretty sure that you got killed. I want the over death thing explained."
Aribar mutters, "Maybe purposfully.."
Klumsy: "Anyhow. I didn't die. He put me in his "collection."
Aribar: "Yeah.." (Err... ignore that.) "Collection?"
Wolfman: "The random people that got sucked in that tried to take us out in the last batle?"
Klumsy: "Don't even ASK me what that means, I just spent the last few years encased in a plastic bag to keep me in mint condition."
Aribar: "Uhhh..."
Wolfman: "So now you're back in decent condition."
Klumsy: "Kind of." He cracks his neck. "MAN was I stiff when I got outta' there. Believe it or not, he was your biggest fan."
Rika: "I have fans? Where?! This place is kinda' warm..."
Klumsy: "I think his problem, though, was that he was such a loser that he imploded and became... well... that. But that's just a theory."
Wolfman: "The Void was my biggest fan? Sorry, but I find that hard to believe."
Klumsy: "Actually," he remarks to Rika, "you do, and they draw you and Kyra in these very very nice hen--ANYway..."
Rika: "...What about Kyra?"
Wolfman: "...ignore Klumsy whenever he rants about that. He's still helpless around women that he considers attractive."
Klumsy: "So. I never really died. The Void just kind of put me out of the way. Alys too, actually, she's still somewhere..."
Rika: "...yeah, she's somewhere, she's in the ground."
Wolfman: "She's dead Klumsy."
Klumsy: "Yeah, that's what you said about me. Wolf, let me do the thinking."
Wolfman: "...fine..."
Klumsy: "No, I mean she's somewhere, alive, walking, and probably really pissed off right now. Oy. You do NOT want to be around her during that time of the month..." he says hushedly.
Aribar: "... Any idea where?"
Rika: "I remember one time, she caught Chaz looking at me..." She then starts giggling like a loon.
Dahl: *ear twitches.* "...Aunty Alys?"
Wolfman: "...oh great... how did you get here Dahl?!?"
Aribar: "Greetings."
Wolfman: "Dahl, meet Rika. Rika, Dahl."
Dahl: "I dunno ... sometimes I just follow groups of heros and zone out ..." *scratches her head.*
Klumsy: "Anyhow. So you all know about the mess he made? Believe it or not he made an even BIGGER mess." He throws his arms up, nearly losing balance. "... Oy. He made an even BIGGER mess when he was destroyed."
Aribar: "Welcome to the... Reunion... Which reminds me that we totally forgot about Abe and Munch.."
Wolfman: "...wait: The Void's destruction made things WORSE?"
Dahl: *looks to Rika and blinks a bit.* "... what is my ... mother doing here" *she sweatdrops a bit.*
Klumsy: "Not exactly," he remarks. "It's kind of tricky. Think of it this way: you blew up an entire DIMENSION. There's collateral damage involved."
Rika: "Huh? Your mother. .?" She looks about, blinking. "Wait, SEED has a female counterpart??"
Wolfman: "...no Rika. That is Dahl. Her father is Chaz, and her mother is Rika. I'm assuming alternate versions."
Klumsy: "You might not SEE it all, being that you guys were in the eye of the storm, but everywhere else---look! Look!" He points at Rika and Dahl. "These two! See what I mean!?" He starts to get in a huff; he topples over and lands on the back of his shell.
Nick Caligo (GM): He moves his arms and legs uselessly for a moment. "... Someone help me up."
Wolfman helps Klumsy up.
Aribar: "So... Even when we save the world from destruction... We fail.."
Dahl: *twitches.* "... ugh ... sometimes I hate this world I call home n- ...eh?" *blinks and looks around.* "who me?"
Klumsy: "You didn't fail, you didn't fail! We're all much better off right now..."
Rika: "...even if I *did.* have a daughter before we beat the Profound Darkness, she wouldn't be that old!"
Wolfman: "As I said Rika, alternate you."
Dahl: "o ... o-o ...OLD?!?" *twitches a bit more.*
Rika: "What do you MEAN alternate me? You mean my twin sister Sera? Did she go and have a baby on me?"
Wolfman: "No. Alternate/parallel universe. Say you didn't beat that profound darkness. A new universe would result from that action. That's about as close to parallel as I can describe it without it being a pain."
Rika: "...You're not making any sense..."
Wolfman: "This topic never does. In other words, you are doing fine."
Nick Caligo (GM): Klumsy sighs.
Wolfman: "Klumsy, help me out here."
Klumsy: "Look. You have a daughter in the future. We HOPE. Now that this has happened maybe that's gonna change. That's her." he gestures to Dahl. "You also have a little snot-nosed prick son who BIT ME, thank you very much." He konks Rika on the head.
Rika: "I... do?"
Dahl: *just mutters.* "Old my butt ...I am still out adventuring and..." * trails off.*
Rika: "GAH!" She growls. "What did *I* do?"
Klumsy: "Chaz, that's what!"
Rika: "I DID NOT!"
Klumsy: "Not yet, but you will!"
Rika: "What makes you say that?"
Klumsy: "Anyway, THAT time was the present before, when the Void was around."
Aribar blinks...
Dahl: "oh god will yo- erm ... never mind."
Klumsy: "When it blew, time got kind of screwed up everywhere."
Nick Caligo (GM): He glares at Rika. "Because you like his butt! Now shut up and let me explain this crap!"
Wolfman chuckles at that... like himself, Klumsy can be blunt when needed.
Klumsy: "Anyway, now the present is... in the past." He gestures from one side to the other, indicating the here and now."
Dahl: "... It was his butt she liked?" * head tilt.*
Klumsy: "I dunno, could've been his epididymus."
Wolfman: "...get to the point Klumsy!"
Rika: "I like his butt? Well... I guess he's kinda' cute... but... Alys always said he was kinda' weak in bed..."
Dahl: *falls over.* "what?!"
Wolfman: "...wait, Alys was never THAT close to him... was he?"
Nick Caligo (GM): He shrugs, adjusting his glasses. "It kind of reset the--" He pauses, glaring at Rika. He raises a hand, a small ring on his middle finger beginning to glow brightly.
Dahl: "...eh?" * she sits up.*
Nick Caligo (GM): He twists his face, unsure of what part of the female anatomy would be appropriate to laze, and just points it at Wolfman; a laser beam shoots directly into his crotch.
Rika: "Wait, what are you doing to him??"
Nick Caligo (GM): Wolf is T3h HURT.
Dahl: "..."
Wolfman: "...I might be a reploid, but DAMN, that hurt!"
Aribar backs away from Wolf... And Klumsy.
Nick Caligo (GM): Klumsy glares at Rika again.
Klumsy: "... Now cut that out or you'll get more of the same!"
Wolfman: .oO(...what type of power IS that...? It almost seems like something out of a science fiction movie from my time...)
Klumsy: "So..." he says, looking around, "Um. Yes. Does that answer your questions?"
Wolfman: "Can you use that ring to heal pain?"
Klumsy: "... Oh, right! I was talking about the Void. WAH!" He fumbles his glasses; they drop on the ground. "... Who said that?"
Wolfman: "I did!"
Nick Caligo (GM): He picks them up and places them back on his nose. "Nope. This ring can only be used to destroy."
Aribar: "Eheheheh.."
Wolfman: "...Rika, if you know of a cure technique, PLEASE use it!"
Klumsy: "Suits me just fine. I've gotten a lot of practice with it since you blew him to kingdom come, cleaning up his messes. I traced one of them right here," he says, looking up at the ruined SEED core.
Dahl: "... but why here?"
Klumsy: "Gerald Robotnik in particular was left in pretty lousy shape when the Void exploded in his face... looks like someone else got to him before I did, though."
Wolfman: "That Shinra group I barely heard of?"
Klumsy: "That's what I'd like to know too!"
Wolfman is unsure, but... did he just hear two voices?
Nick Caligo (GM): He shakes his head. "Shinra's bad news--REAL bad news. They've got more bad guys than you could ever hope to take on. Reno and Rude--you saw them--they're just the tip of the iceberg. They're SMALL FRIES from that world."
Wolfman: "From which world? Abe and Munch's Oddworld?"
Rika: "What would they want with the ruined SEED complex? They'd probably have more success with NURVUS..."
Aribar: "Mm.."
Klumsy: "No. From Shinra's world. Abe and Munch have been kind of like my accomplices; they've been helping me clean this stuff up and rescuing Mudokons on the side. Well, if you want the answer to that, look down."
Wolfman looks down.
Rika blinks, and then looks down along the computer core.
Dahl: *looks down.*
Nick Caligo (GM): The core goes down deeply into a pit that's as dark as the ceiling. Except for one thing... It ain't so dark no more.
Rika: "What's down there?" She blinks a bit.
Nick Caligo (GM): Amidst cracked machinery, there are green sparkles and veins of energy flowing upwards. Mako.
Wolfman wonders what's down there... wait... Mako?!?
Rika: "Wait, what? What's that, that's never been there before!"
Klumsy: "When this place exploded, believe it or not, Mako started flowing to the surface to fix it up."
Wolfman: "...Klumsy, you know as well as I do that... Mako shouldn't exist here."
Klumsy: "... Wolf, ten minutes ago you were telling me I was dead."
Rika: "...More of this 'mako' stuff, but SEED's powered by geothermal reactions."
Aribar: "How much Mako does a planet have?"
Klumsy: "As sure as I'm flapping my mouth at you, that's Mako, and it's here."
Dahl: *blinks!* "..huh.."
Wolfman: "I'm willing to accept the fact that you got better. After all, you also knew that I had the bad memory."
Klumsy: "Usually a lot," he says, "but this one's got very, very little, all of which is right here, right now, beneath our feet."
Aribar: "What do you think would happen if a hedgehog was pumped full of it?"
Wolfman: "...Shadow!"
Klumsy: "... Say what?"
Aribar: "What would happen if someone like, oh, Shadow the Hedgehog was being filled with Mako?"
Dahl: "eh?"
Wolfman: "We ran into... a neutral person, Shadow the Hedgehog. He was caught in one of those tubes that was filled with Mako."
Klumsy: "... We gotta shut this stuff off now."
Aribar: "Any ideas?"
Wolfman: .oO(Just what we need...)
Aribar: "That is, on how to cut off the Mako supply.."
Nick Caligo (GM): Klumsy adjusts his glasses again, staring at the computer system. "... I don't care how we do it, let's just do it. Shadow all full of Mako is bad, bad beans."
Wolfman: "So, what do you suggest: we go to his tube and just smash it?"
Klumsy: "Like we can. I bet that elevator goes one way now; no, there's another elevator somewhere in here that goes up into the Mako plant. Right... there!" He points at SEED's mainframe... a tube can be seen having rammed through the front of it. Sure enough, there's service elevator going right through the computer.
Wolfman: "Then what are we waiting for? Let's move it!" *He hops in.*
Rika: "Mako plant... Wait, that may be in the geothermal room, I think I know the way." She blinks a bit, and looks. "Oh, now that's JUST not cool! They've dessicated my dad's corpse!!"
Dahl: *Nods* "Right."
Aribar follows Wolfman..*
Nick Caligo (GM): Klumsy places his hand on Rika's, looking up to her. "Rika, this place blew a long time ago."
Klumsy: "Their Mako plant is on top of this mountain, siphoning the stuff from down there."
Dahl: *heads after wolfman.*
Rika: "...I know, but... I always throught we could have saved him... by taking a backup and putting it in an android like Wren..."
Klumsy: "Mako and geothermal energy are two very different things... you might think of geothermal power as a hamster on a wheel. Mako is more like taking the blood out of the hamster and using it to run a motor."
Wolfman: "That's a bit harsh, don't you think?
Klumsy: "Not in the slightest," he remarks.
Wolfman should already be in the service elevator.
Nick Caligo (GM): He looks at Rika sympathetically, his lip quivering. "Go ahead, but make it quick. We need your help."
Rika: "No... the memory banks are below here, let's go save the planet first." She nods, and heads towards the elevator.
Dahl: *stops just before the elevator .. looking back and waiting.* "..."
Wolfman: "Dahl, Rika, come on already."
Nick Caligo (GM): He shrugs. "Glad to see you've got your priorities straight."
Dahl: *heads into the elevator.*
Nick Caligo (GM): He hops into the elevator along with you guys, struggling to keep balance. He looks up to Dahl. "How do you feel about cold fusion reactions in a stable neutrino field?"
Wolfman: "I don't understand the question."
Nick Caligo (GM): He looks at Wolf. "I wasn't asking you." The elevator starts to ascend... It feels like the elevator's taking forever. And Rika swears Klumsy's staring at her butt.
Wolfman is taking in everything he can slowly...
Aribar taps his foot impatiently.* "I really want to get this done.."
Wolfman: .oO(Klumsy is alive, Rika and Dahl have met... SHADOW is here...?!?!?)
Nick Caligo (GM): Nothing Wolf hasn't seen before.
Wolfman: "Rika: Do you know where this elevator is taking us?"
Klumsy: "Up," He says, pointing up.
Wolfman: "Thank you Rika."
Klumsy: "Any time, fuzzy," he replies.
Wolfman just smirks. Such banter is useful during situations like this.
Nick Caligo (GM): The group passes by numerous things..
Rika: "Um... no, as far as I know, all of this is... new. Either that, or I've *never.* been here before."
Nick Caligo (GM): A MASSIVE four-legged Slig marching accross a catwalk...
Wolfman takes in the sights... oh great: more Sligs.
Nick Caligo (GM): What appears to be a mako leak; shimmering green liquid dripping from a pipe.
Wolfman: .oO(...how on earth did they get here anyway?)
Aribar blinks, looking at the sights..
Rika: "...wait, what the *hell.* is that? That's not a Motavian creature... it can't be Parman or Rykrosian... maybe Dezolisi--no, climate's *way.* too warm for a Dezolisian critter..."
Nick Caligo (GM): Weird critters skittering up walls; one appears to be a fish-man of some sort. It stops, looks at the group as they pass up, its tongue sliding out frog-like before it skitters into a pipe.
Wolfman looks to see where the frog-like tongue creature goes while he goes up.
Nick Caligo (GM): ... Into a pipe. Up. That's about all Wolf can tell given he don't exactly have a detailed schematic of this building. And finally... A Slig dance party. It appears to be disco night. Sligs with afros... *shudder.*
Aribar blinks.
Wolfman: .oO(...)
Nick Caligo (GM): I'll let everyone use their imaginations.
Rika: "...Someone want to tell me what those things are doing on my planet?"
Klumsy: "... Discoing, apparently," he remarks.
Aribar: "I do believe that's burning my brain."
Rika: "...Ha-ha..."
Wolfman: .oO(...we need to get them out of here.) .oO(But... how...)
Klumsy: "Uhh." He adjusts his glasses. "Getting jiggy with it? Getting their groove on? Panicking at the disco? I don't know. They're just a bunch of security guards, really. They just live to brutalize."
Wolfman looks to see if there is a shiny disco ball that someone could target while we're still going up.
Nick Caligo (GM): Yeah, yeah there is. He looks at Wolf.
Klumsy: "You look confused."
Wolfman: "If anyone here has a projectile attack, shoot it to that disco ball please." *points to it.*
Nick Caligo (GM): http://www.gamechronicles.com/guides/exoddus/slig.jpg <--Slig.
Wolfman: "Disco, like these Sligs, needs to die. ...and stay dead."
Nick Caligo (GM): Klumsy puts his hand on Wolf's arm. "Uhh, bad idea, Wolf... just... let it go."
Wolfman: "...fine..."
Aribar: "We don't need all of them swarming over us."
Nick Caligo (GM): There are easily a hundred Sligs out there. It would be difficult not to notice someone's in here... The Questers n' co catch sight of... a pair of paper mache BEES dancing around before this DISTURBING sight lowers from their view.
Wolfman: .oO(...Dahl, where did you run off to? I want you to see what your planet has become: corrupted by disco!)
Klumsy: "What's on your mind, Wolf? You've seemed REALLY perplexed ever since I met up with you guys."
Wolfman: "...sorry. I have a lot on my mind. I came to Motavia as part of an agreement with Dahl. I've encountered Sligs that should be part of the Odd World. I've run into you again after all of these years. ...and I was never a fan of disco."
Nick Caligo (GM): He pats Wolf. "Nobody is, Wolf... nobody is."
Wolfman: "Also, I have no clue where Abe and Munch are, and Shadow is still caught in some mako tube. I don't know about you Klumsy, but as soon as we get to some safe area, I'm thinking we'll need to call more reinforcements. ...wait. You said something about how the worlds are slightly fixed, but not."
Nick Caligo (GM): The elevator stops; the gates part, opening into a filthy-looking lobby. It LOOKS like someone attempted to put a ritzy lobby in the middle of a lot of vague, rusty machinery, but the whole effect of the stained red carpet and the dirty-looking HDTV on the wall between the two paths is... really less than flattering.
Wolfman will have to finish his thought later... the elevator went ding.
Nick Caligo (GM): Sitting on the badly upholstered seats, eating popcorn as they watch "All My Sligs," are the familiar faces of Abe and Munch... who're probably responsible for about a tenth of the stains on the carpet.
Wolfman enters the lobby slowly... wait a second... "...Abe?"
Klumsy: "Hey fellas," Hesays cheerfully. "Hey guys!" Abe says excitedly. "Come on in! It'sh jusht gettin' to the good pawt!" Munch adds.
Wolfman: "Munch, I'd figure that real life has more good parts."
Aribar: "... What the... Umm.."
Wolfman: "Though... wait a second. How DID you guys end up on Motavia anyway?"
Aribar: "And aren't you supposed to be... In trouble?"
Nick Caligo (GM): Abe gives Wolf an odd look. Then again, EVERY look he gives is odd, being that he's from Oddworld and all, so I'll clarify. It seems he's raising an eyebrow, but he has no eyebrows, so he's really just quirking one eye half-shut in a really weird way. He scratches his topknot a little. "Uhh, I don't remember mentionin' anything about trouble..."
Wolfman gets out his Smash Dex to play back the incoming transmission.
Munch: "Well," he says, hopping over to Wolf. "We followed Kwumshy!"
Nick Caligo (GM): Abe looks on at the Smash dex.
Abe: "... Nope." He shakes his head. "Didn't mention bein' in trouble."
Nick Caligo (GM): Munch facepalms repeatedly. He points at the camera. "It's bwoken..."
Aribar: "Didn't you... Call us here?"
Abe: "Yeah!" He says, "we got separated from Klumsy. Plus he figured we'd need backup."
Alex Fender: "AHHH!!!" *He hops up onto Ari.* "It's a... th-th-thing!"
Abe: "Munch here's a one-man arm--HOLY WHAT THE JEEZUS!!" He spazzes out at Alex's abrupt entrance.
Nick Caligo (GM): Munch... falls over.
Wolfman also face faults...
Nick Caligo (GM): He wiggles around, trying to get back on his... foot.
Wolfman eventually recovers...
Nick Caligo (GM): Klumsy tips over, his arms waving as he slowly tips onto his back.
Aribar: "Gah!" *Falls down under Fender's weight..*
Wolfman: "...Alex, do NOT do that."
Alex Fender: "Do wh--OOF!"
Klumsy: "... Little help here?" he asks, wiggling his arms and legs.
Wolfman helps Klumsy up.
Alex Fender hits the ground next to Ari, looking about... "...whoa. *He walks over to Klumsy and pokes him with his guitar.* "...What is this thing?"
Wolfman: "Alright then... new question."
Klumsy: "I'm a Koopa. Do you live in a cave?"
Wolfman: "What do you know about substance called Mako, or a hedgehog named Shadow?" *He asks that to Abe and Munch.*
Alex Fender: "Nope! But I'd LIKE to! GREAT acoustics!"
Nick Caligo (GM): Abe and Munch both look to one another and shrug dumbly. "Nope. Nuthin'."
Aribar gets up..* "Bleh... I don't like this."
Klumsy: "Uhh," Klumsy volunteers, "As to how we got here..." He holds up his old, OLDschool Smash Dex. "These things always had a security problem. I just hacked it so I could warp wherever I wanted."
Wolfman: "Alright, I'll buy that."
Alex Fender: "You must be one smart Kooper!"
Klumsy: "Sorry, can't," he says. "It's only legal if you don't sell them."
Aribar: "We really need to gather up everything we ever touched and burn it."
Wolfman: "...not THAT type of buy!"
Klumsy: "Actually," he says, "that's what I've been doing."
Alex Fender: "Burning stuff?"
Aribar: "At least then all the loose ends would be dead.
Klumsy: "Pretty much," he says with a "koopa-like nod," possibly the most enigmatic expression in all the archives of Smash Quest.
Wolfman: "But now, we need... hmm... alright, let me make sure I understand this right. The transmission that the rest of us got was not intended for us."
Abe: "No," he says, "No, it was."
Aribar: "Confusion.."
Wolfman: "...Alright, we're here then."
Abe: "Like I said, we got separated from Klumsy and needed some help. Boy it's good to have you guys around!"
Wolfman: "So now we have to get rid of the Sligs and Slogs, and find a way to return this Mako."
Klumsy: "Return it to where?" He asks.
Wolfman: "There is another team of Questers checking out another planet. Apparently, Mako is normally on that planet."
Klumsy: "Yeah," he says, pointing at the ground matter-of-fact-ly, "and this one."
Wolfman: "Well, Motavia isn't supposed to have it. So we need to somehow collect it and transport it."
Aribar: "In any case, it's really bad that it's being pumped into Shadow."
Klumsy: "Wolf, think about what you're saying. You're proposing that these guys... TOOK mako from another planet... and put it into THIS one so that they could build a facility that could siphon it back OUT."
Wolfman: "Which means we need to go BACK there now and try to free him without..."
Alex Fender: "...uhhh... could it be something switchy?"
Wolfman: "...it's easier for me NOT to think. Either way, we need to free Shadow now." *He attempts to use his Smash Dex to locate where Shadow is... since he also has some chaos energy within him, it should be easy to point him out.*
Klumsy: "Free him!?" Klumsy exclaims loudly enough that his own breath causes him to fall over again. "... Pick me up."
Nick Caligo (GM): Abe obliges. "Here ya go."
Wolfman: .oO(...Klumsy will never change.) *gets back to Dexing work.*
Aribar: "I say just stop and drain the Mako from him.."
Alex Fender stares hard at Klumsy... "...I get it! You're Klumsy because you're klumsy! It all fits! Circles within circles!"
Nick Caligo (GM): Little dotted lines come out of Alex's eyes. Klumsy watches them trace in a loop. "... No. No. NO. Stop that! Stop tha--" *Poke.* They get him right in the eyes. He takes his glasses off and rubs them, slipping and falling over again.
Alex Fender: "...I HAVE PUSH VISION! WHOA HOT SHIT!"
Wolfman: .oO(...just hurry up Dex)
Dex: *Ding!* "Bad luck, old boy. I can't seem to find him."
Wolfman: "Did you find anything?"
Dex: "Lots of this green stuff running about, though. Do you s'pose they use it for their lavatories?"
Aribar: "..."
Alex Fender: "Ewwww..."
Wolfman: "...remind me WHY I installed a special personality chip in you again?"
Dex: "Wolf, I think I liked the new yorker chip better than the british personality chip."
Klumsy: "... Now pick me up again, please."
Nick Caligo (GM): Abe obliges again.
Alex Fender squints at Klumsy hard, his left eye twitching...
Klumsy: "That's absurd, though, Wolf. WHY would they bring mako here and put it into the ground just so they could take it back out again?
Rika: "...This green stuff has *never.* ever been in Motavia before... But then again... SEED never gave me a clear view of the area below the crust. Hmmm... Maybe if we can get to the geothermal reactor, we can see what's *really.* under the surface of Motavia?"
Aribar: "In any case.." *Looks about the room again. He checks if it even resembles a control room.*
Wolfman: "...if it was taken back OUT and put in the atmosphere... could it kill people that are affected by it? This isn't a natural place for Mako."
Nick Caligo (GM): No. It's a lobby.
Klumsy: "Not... particularly, no, Wolf."
Aribar: "I agree with... Rika, was it? We should actually go and do something now."
Alex Fender: "...uhhh... more info is always helpful!"
Rika: "Well, we need to find out what this facility above SEED is for."
Nick Caligo (GM): Klumsy shrugs. "It's a Mako plant. It sucks Mako out of the planet." Abe stands by a pipe, watching the mako flow. "... Gee, I dunno, Klumsy."
Alex Fender: "...what if mako was here to begin with?"
Wolfman looks to Abe. "What is it Abe?"
Rika: "That's what I wanna' find out, but first, we need to shut this thing down! If this 'mako' stuff comes from *in.* the planet, it *could.* be vital to it!"
Klumsy: "Well, yeah, that's what I've been saying all along," Klumsy says. "It had to be. It must be in every world."
Nick Caligo (GM): Abe points at the tube.
Wolfman: "Mako, in every world? Sorry, but I don't believe it."
Klumsy: "Shouldn't it be flowing the other direction?"
Alex Fender: "...then... uhh... huh?"
Nick Caligo (GM): It's going down the tube.
Rika: "Wha? Okay, NOW I'm confused! What the HELL are they doing to my planet?!"
Klumsy: "Now now, calm down. It's just one pipe. It could be that it flows back up... it could be flowing up and then curving back around and down into some tank somewhere."
Wolfman: "...down into Shadow's tank!"
Alex Fender: "I know one way to find out!"
Wolfman: "I think we need to break this tube."
Aribar: "... Bad idea."
Wolfman: "Bad?"
Alex Fender draws his guitar and makes for the tube, a manic look in his eyes.
Rika: "...Let's find another pipe!" She hastily looks to another pipe, to find out if it flows up or down.
Aribar: "I don't know about you, but I don't want that goo flooding into this room."
Nick Caligo (GM): Also down. Every pipe in the room seems to flow downwards.
Rika: "...What do you make of this? EVERY pipe goes down!"
Klumsy: "Uhh..." Klumsy scratches his head. "Well whaddaya know."
Alex Fender: "...is there a way down?"
Nick Caligo (GM): *BOOM!*
Aribar glances at Alex before walking over to the elevator.* "I dunno, but... You kep--Gah! What on Whaller was that?"
Nick Caligo (GM): The elevator behind everyone drops downwards at an alarming speed as the whole facility is rocked by an explosion.
Wolfman attempts to keep himself steady...
Aribar: "..."
Rika: "Alright, here's the -- what the hell?!" She looks towards the source of the boom. "What's going on?!"
Nick Caligo (GM): Fireworks and multicolored smoke--signature of Rude's bombs--pop upwards through the shaft.
Alex Fender: "'splosions!"
Wolfman: "...uh oh. Rude and Roddy are coming back."
Nick Caligo (GM): Klumsy's eyes narrow. "... You did not fight Reno and Rude."
Aribar: "'ware the worst, all." *Backs up from the shaft.*
Rika: "Didn't I get rid of those bastards?"
Aribar: "Sure, we can deny that.."
Wolfman: "We did."
Alex Fender: "You did?!
Nick Caligo (GM): You can see the vein throbbing in his head as he tries to think.
Alex Fender: "Awww, man! Where was I when you guys fight people?!"
Aribar: "I would imagine preparing to fall into my arms."
Alex Fender: "Arm."
Aribar: "... Oh, right."
Klumsy: "Wolf, they're recurring villains. How could you be so stupid! Now we'll never get rid of them! They're just as bad as Team Rocket!"
Wolfman: "How were we supposed to know?"
Rika: "..."
Klumsy: "Except they're ten times stronger than us, ten times more RESOURCEFUL than us, AND they now have a half-hour head start!"
Aribar: "... A half-hour head start?"
Klumsy: "... READ THE STRATEGY GUIDE!" he yells, grabbing Wolf by the collar and shaking him.
Wolfman wonders how Klumsy is shaking a 5'5" tall reploid.
Aribar looks down the elevator shaft.
Rika goes over to the elevator, to see if the cables are still intact.
Wolfman: .oo(...I need a vacation after this)
Rika: "...I don't know about you guys, but I'm going back down to see what the hell's up with those explosions!" She then leaps for one of the cables to grab it, and slide down it to the explosions.
Aribar: "W-wait!"
Wolfman: "Then I better follow." *He leaps to another cable, and slides down as well.* .oO(...or I'll die first. Whichever one comes.)
Nick Caligo (GM): There's only the one cable. Which snaps as soon as Wolf jumps on.
Aribar: "I didn't particularly want to jump to my death tod--... Hrm. Solves that problem. Sort of."
Nick Caligo (GM): Apparently being 5'5" and made entirely of SOLID TITANIUM isn't condusive to riding a broken elevator cable.
Alex Fender: "Whoo! Down the rop--whoops!"
Wolfman: "SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG!" *falling down.*
Nick Caligo (GM): The two of them, therefore, drop.
Rika shrieks, unsheathes her claws and tries to sink them into the wall in an effort to slow herself.
Wolfman will attempt to go towards the walls and slide down properly... or wall jump if required.
Nick Caligo (GM): Abe grumbles. "Oh, this is too much stress and pressure, I can never get what I need..." he starts to chant at the elevator entrance.
Wolfman rights himself, and then *thrusts.* himself towards a better location... hopefully a good wall, with a good mid-air leap.
Nick Caligo (GM): Rika catches onto a pipe with her claws. A steam pipe. Consequently, Half-Life 2 keeps leaking out of it.
Rika: .oO(Miyah, this is NOT my day...)
Nick Caligo (GM): Wolf's not so lucky. He flips, but os unable to reach a ledge or a pipe or anything. He's going down, down... down...
Aribar frowns. He checks exactly how... deep... the elevator shaft is, and if the sides of it cracked and such enough to provide some handholds...
Nick Caligo (GM): An orb of green light forms between Abe's hands as he chants. "Do-go, do-go, do-go..."
Wolfman does NOT go down! He unleashes his foot rockets, slowing down... then shooting UP to grab onto something better! (Fire Bird)
Aribar blinks and looks at Abe, wondering what he's doing.*
Rika hangs from said pipe for dear life. She looks up and down to see if she can climb either direction safely.
Nick Caligo (GM): It's deep, but there's tons of handholds. Pipes, grates, ledges, tons of stuff. Wolf BLASTS into another pipe.
Alex Fender: "...mayyyybe we should climb down slowly!"
Nick Caligo (GM): He catches on, but breaks it in half... Green, glowing liquid pours all over his head as he dangles from its upper half.
Wolfman is hanging on... and being covered in goo... wait...
Rika: "Uh-oh... Mister metal person! You got that mako stuff on you!!"
Aribar: "Aye... I do believe that would be a good idea." *Looks for Munch.* "Hey, what's your buddy doing?"
Nick Caligo (GM): Wolf is poisoned the stuff feels like it's draining the very life out of him... oddly enough.
Wolfman: .oO(Great... I've been covered in Mako.)
Wolfman hopes this Mako stuff won't effect him.
Munch: "Abe'sh got a lotta' tricksh up hish shleeve!" He says with a wink.
Nick Caligo (GM): Somehow Wolf can still be poisoned. Hey, Reploids can bleed, so why not?
Wolfman attempts to get OUT of the immediate Mako range... .oO(...so this is what the Mako is doing to Shadow... killing him!)
Abe: "Do-go, do-go, do-go!" The orb shoots down the pipe.
Wolfman: .oO(Klumsy, I believe I was right this time. Mako does NOT help everyone.)
Nick Caligo (GM): The both of the people down the pipe feel like they're floating, almost like they're in zero gravity.
Rika: "Huh? What's... this?"
Aribar: "Err... Is it safe to jump down there now?"
Wolfman is now floating... without using his rocket boots? What is going on?
Nick Caligo (GM): Abe gestures into the shaft. "Be my guest."
Alex Fender: "Whoo! Climbin' time!" *He starts on down climbing and stuff.*
Rika lets go? And falls..?
Aribar closes his eyes and steps off the edge...
Rika: "...I'm flying? But I don't have wings..."
Wolfman is now floating... and attempts to "swim" upwards.
Alex Fender: "...or both jump! Yay!"
Wolfman: "Neither do I."
Alex Fender lets go and falls!"
Nick Caligo (GM): Anyone leaping into the shaft would plummet for a while before they reach Wolf's altitude; they abruptly stop, floating.
Rika attempts to float down the shaft, then.
Nick Caligo (GM): Can't fly at will, but at the very least no one can fall and die.
Wolfman will then 'float' downwards.
Nick Caligo (GM): Abe drops in after everyone. Klumsy's jaw drops.
Aribar flinches as the sudden stop... The painless stop.* "Excellent.."
Wolfman: .oO(...alright, where is that vacation?)
Klumsy: "... Bu..!!" He points at the two corridors the lobby splits into. "... Ee..!! ... Ugh..." He shakes his head and pushes Munch in, then drops in himself.
Rika: "Hey! Pervert turtle dude! Come down here, the air's fine!" She says as she hugs the wall and pulls herself down the shaft.
Wolfman also follows Blade's example and goes wall sliding, Maverick Hunter style. "Rika, the name is Klumsy."
Nick Caligo (GM): Abe floats alongside the rest of everyone, reclined rather nicely. Munch folds his arms over his chest and floats upside-down, the sonar on his head clicking. Klumsy just tucks into his shell. "That's it, I'm not coming out..."
Aribar tries to whip up a bit of air magic to propel him down the shaft... And then thinks...* "Hey, Abe, when does this floating orb end?"
Alex Fender: "WEEEEE!!!!" *He is doing mid-air somersaults.*
Abe: "Should be good for a while, as long as I maintain my concen--WHAH!" Alex smacks into him. The floating abruptly ends and everybody starts falling.
Rika shrieks, tightening her hold on whatever she's got in-hand.
Alex Fender: "This is not floating! FLOATING THIS IS NOT!"
Nick Caligo (GM): Abe sets about chanting again. "Oh, darn it. Do-go, do-go, do-go!"
Aribar: "I regret everything!"
Wolfman still attempts to keep hold of his wall.
Nick Caligo (GM): Everyone falls just below the disco party before he regains his hold on the spell and re-forms the TK cusion. Float, the group does.
Alex Fender: "...phew..."
Abe: "Phew." He wipes his forehead. "Don't do that!" he says, smacking Alex over the head.
Wolfman: "...I thank you for making us float again AFTER we passed the disco area."
Rika: "...Hey, there's those freaky dancing machine thingys again..." She resumes pulling herself down the elevator shaft.
Alex Fender: "Ow! Well, how was I supposed to know a pelvis to the head caused weird creatures to lose their concentration! ...oh, wait..."
Abe: "Anyway... I got about three more spells like these up m'sleeve--not just floating either. I can do anything ya need!"
Aribar: "Mmm... Grant us unlimited riches?"
Wolfman: "Do you have one that can magically make everything right on this planet?"
Rika: "Ooh! How about a vacation to the Aiedo hot springs!"
Abe: "Yeah, actually," he says, "but I gotta be at the right place to do it."
Wolfman: "Where is this place?"
Aribar: "I have the feeling it's in the middle of a colony of Sligs or something.."
Abe: "Yeah, it usually is," he confirms.
Nick Caligo (GM): Ugh. Guys, I need a break, if you don't mind.
Tragically, this is where this log ends. ;_;

Previous

Next