CONFRONTATION - Story - Chapter 5: Three Abominations

Previous

Next

Date: 9:38:35 PM, August 13th; 12:04:50 AM, August 16th; 4:57:33 PM, August 21st; 5:40:38 PM, August 23rd, 2012.
Illian MacGregor: "Contrary to expectations, Alsa is not THE recycling bin of the universe... It was one of many, until it was moved so it no longer received new worlds. In the process... some existences which were meant to go to Alsa wound up... here."
Metal Man (GM): He points to a region he names "Also."
Gibby: "Also?"
Illian MacGregor: "Namely... The Void, Wulfgar, the X-zone, the remnants of the world in which an engineer could build anything with a wrench... It is one of the few places which legitimately scares even me. The X-zone was merely one thing compared to this deathtrap. But inside it is the one man who would know where Garrick is. Well... the one THING that knows where he is."
Valron: "...Oh boy, Wulfgar. That's a name I didn't really want to hear again. Thing?"
Illian MacGregor: "Wulfgar is still dead, but even in death his horrid mind corrodes everything around him. When everyone died from Xavier killing the world, an artifact was made. The Book."
Ragnar: *Nom nom nom.*
Illian MacGregor: "The Book still holds the information on everyone who was ever in it, and is always up to date. For that very reason Xavier made sure to kill it."
Valron: "...I thought that thing was destroyed twice."
Illian MacGregor: "So it wound up in there. As that's where things that are destroyed wind up nowadays. It is not in one piece, nor is it any more functional than Wulfgar's dead essence is. But a single page, with my magitek, can be made to give us a fleeting glimpse at wherever room he is in. THAT... is all I have."
Metal Man (GM): He slumps down, exhausted.
Illian MacGregor: "He knew me and magitek too well. My normal sources... failed. I thought I knew where he was from the start but... he fooled me good. If you are open to traveling into this darkest region, then... we can leave for it immediately."
Valron: "...I see. Just get some rest now, sir. You look to be in much need of it."
Gibby: "Make it so."
Illian MacGregor: "It is not immediately impassable, or fatal... but it is dangerous. I will get you there... then I will rest."
Metal Man (GM): He wordlessly gestures, and the ship begins to fly there.
Valron: "Danger is something we're all familiar with. In any case."
Gibby: "Indeed. There's no task too big for us."
Ragnar: "Meow."
Illian MacGregor: "Then... I shall leave you to your search for the page."
Metal Man (GM): He opens the portal. It's a caustic orange color.
Illian MacGregor: "My wishes are with you... I would help personally, if I was not nearly comatose already."
Gibby: "Don't worry about it, Illian. You've done more than enough. Now it's our turn."
Illian MacGregor: "...Right. Good luck." *He would then slump down into a chair to rest.*
Ragnar: *He finishes his beef and hops into the portal.*
Valron walks on into the portal.
Metal Man (GM): You appear... on the surface of a planet bathed in eternal night. The stars of the sky light it up in an eerie fashion. The surface is made out of bizarre, unrealistic black material, like black plastic. A path leads into a surreal forest of floating cylinders made of the same material. Beams of white light are randomly suspended mid-air here and there. A low level humming echoes in and out of hearing and comes from various directions.
Gibby: "Anyone got a light?"
Valron: "I'd say we're good on that front." *He glances around for a moment before carefully treading along the path to the floating cylinder forest.*
Metal Man (GM): You walk on into the forest, and begin to see a purple mist in the center, forming some sort of weird series of veins in the air. The closer you get to it, the more you begin to have random voices and images flashing into your mind. You can walk around it, but that means walking into the darker, unlit portions of the cylinder forest.
Gibby: "Stupid... noises. What is that?"
Valron: "Not something I'd like to be stuck in the middle of, that much I'm sure."
Metal Man (GM): Images of Wulfgar flash in your mind, grinning silently. Then it returns to more generic noise and voices. It is not truly alive... but it also is not entirely dead either. You go into the cylinder forest and begin to hear eerie noises in the distance.
Valron follows behind Gibby, making sure not to get anywhere near the Wulfgarmist.
Metal Man (GM): Some sort of strange choking noises, and breathing noises. You can see them now. It's the Thugs from that casino.
Gibby: "It's not creepy... it's not creepy... it's a fluffy bunny... fluffy pretty bunny... so cute..."
Metal Man (GM): They're embedded in the cylinders, reaching out as if to ask for help, eternally choking and burning. Alongside them are the people of the continent Jack razed. The victims of the Alsa Questers are here, and eternally suffering.
Gibby: "Happy fluffy bunnies in a meadow."
Valron: *Lets out a slight low whistle of sorts* "Wow..."
Metal Man (GM): As the noises get unbearable, they then stop, as you reach a clearing. In the clearing is a blue mist. It sees you and seems to ramble.
???: "Metalmetalmetalmetalmetalmetalmetalmetal METAL METAL MET AL METAL METAL."
Metal Man (GM): It floats by you, not even really seeing you.
???: "METALMETAL METAL METAL METAL metalmetalmetal."
Valron: "..." *Just lets the mist go by, not wanting to mess with it as he continues on.*
Metal Man (GM): It floats towards the cylinders, idly smashing through them like a bowling ball. Complete with hideous screams. Having wandered past THAT, you finally start to get somewhere.
Gibby: "Why couldn't the information have been on a tropical island planet?"
Metal Man (GM): An upside-down glass cathedral, put together upside down and backwards, with eternal organs playing broken music backwards echoing about it. There a stairway beckons for you to walk right in.
Gibby: "Ugh..."
Metal Man (GM): Of course, you can also pass it up if you want.
Gibby: "What do you think? Up the creepy stairs inside the creepy backwards church of creepiness?"
Valron: "Maybe. At the very least we should make sure to be in and out of it as quickly as possible."
Gibby: "Right. No regrets."
Valron: *Also takes a slight breath before following Gibby on up.*
Metal Man (GM): The noises echo, then dissipate as you see the final destination before you. The page sits there, suspended in the hands of a statue of Garrick. Right there for you to take...
Gibby: "Someone made a statue... of Garrick?"
Valron: "...This seems far too easy."
Gibby: "It does. Drag-erm, I mean Valron... watch my back. I'm gonna try to grab it."
Valron: "Understood."
Metal Man (GM): Back from stupid AFK. Anything after that?
Valron keeps a claw on his blade, ready to draw it in case something decides to sneak up on Gibby.
Ragnar shifts uneasily, looking around.
Metal Man (GM): You grab the page, only for it to vanish into thin air. You then start to see the church light up, and some sort of dirge to appear, as a strange shadowy being stands before you.
???: "You seek something from me, apparently. Why do you want that?"
Gibby: "Hello, creepy voice. We need that page in order to find a friend of ours."
Valron: "We're looking for a friend of ours, and that page is our ticket to finding him."
???: "Well, that can be arranged."
Metal Man (GM): A table with strange knives appears.
Gibby: "Fantastic!"
???: "Stab yourselves with these and it's all yours."
Gibby: "Finally something not overly complex and-" *Facepalm.*
???: "You won't die. You never die. But I happen to need some of your energy."
Gibby: "Is there another way you can possibly get it? One that doesn't involve stabbing ourselves?"
Valron: "...I do not know if this or the cylinder forest of the damned is the most morbid thing I've seen all week."
???: "If I could just take the energy, I'd have drained you dry already. This isn't just a problem for you."
Gibby: "Fine! Fine..."
Metal Man (GM): Strange, they're like syringes attached to knives. Electronic doodads connect to some magical gem.
Ragnar: *He picks a knife up in his mouth and begins to carry it off.*
Gibby: "Huh... well if there's really no other way."
Valron looks the gem over, trying to recall if he's seen anything like it before.
Metal Man (GM): The Shadar had gems like these. They resemble Chaos emeralds too. And... Time Cop tech? It's a weird mix.
Valron: "...Huh. Kinda looks like a mix of... What the hell?"
Gibby: O_O "OWIE OWIE OWIE! Why do sharp things have to feel so... sharp."
Valron: "A cross-combo of Chaos Emerald, Shadar gem, and... Time Cop technology?"
Metal Man (GM): The energy drains from Gibby. He loses 33 HP. The shadowy figure gains some blue color.
Gibby: "Your turn."
A??: "Yes. Hurry and finish, before I dissipate and take the page with me. You want your friend. I want some energy."
Ragnar: *Now he's trying to pry the gem out of his knife.*
Metal Man (GM): The gem... won't quite come out. It can be ripped out, only to reattach by itself.
Gibby: "Ragnar, quit messing around."
Valron: "...You win, curiosity. I'll let you get the better of me just this once." *He picks up a knife and smoothly jabs it into his arm.*
Ragnar: *He wants the shiny gem, not the knife.*
Metal Man (GM): It glows. Suddenly he glows... black...
Av??: "You want the gem, do you? Stab yourself with it. I'll throw in the gem."
Gibby: "Go on, Ragnar. Pretend you're getting a shot from the doctor... or the vet in this case."
Ragnar hiss, tug tug.
Gibby: "Val... hold him down."
Metal Man (GM): You'd notice that only Ragnar's knife is still active. The other two are now completely flat and bladeless. Valron's is black, Gibby's is blue, they are mostly just weird things that sit there.
Gibby: *Sigh* "Of course."
Ragnar: D: *He's running away, back into the forest. No way is he getting stabbed by someone, no way no how.*
Gibby: "Oh for the love of-RAGNAR! GET BACK HERE!"
Valron sighs, picking up the knife, deciding to just go 'screw it' and stab himself with that one as well. Honestly it's not like the mystery being needs three unique people.
Gibby: "Thanks. At least SOME of us know when to TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM!" *He yells out to the forest.*
Metal Man (GM): Valron stabs himself... and the energy reaction completes. The being takes form, as a simply man with clothes as sharply white and black as the realm around him.
Avul: "Thank you for that. I don't think he really understands the importance of this. Not that he ever could. I am Avul..." *He hands you the note.* "A fellow traveler, if you would call me that."
Gibby: "I'll call you mammy as long as I get that note. A-thank ya."
Avul: "I came into being simply out of random happenstance, but I wasn't about to let you leave without making me real. Of course, now we have to all figure how to get back out of here."
Metal Man (GM): It shines with infinite potential. A legitimate Book note.
Valron: "What I'm wondering is this- How exactly did you manage to make something out of such an odd combination of things, with one of them not even being real?"
Avul: "This place is rather hard to get out of."
Valron: "Or was it just something you found?"
Avul: "The book note? That was part of me, once. I just know what it is... what you are... intuitively. I don't know why. I simply know."
Gibby: "Uhhh... okay."
Valron: "I was referring to the gem. Also, that's interesting to know, then."
Avul: "The gem." *He taps his hands.* "It just came into being. I can make things."
Metal Man (GM): He holds out a hand and generates a flashlight out of thin air. It has the same strange designs on it.
Avul: "But I had no soul."
Valron: "Huh. Peculiar. I do hope that doesn't have any adverse side... effects on reality. Hm."
Avul: "I can't really say I care..."
Gibby: "So make us a hot air balloon so we can fly out of here."
Metal Man (GM): He effortlessly builds a hot air balloon.
Avul: "Are you sure this is the best way out of here...?"
Valron: "I doubt it. I'd think a map of the path we took would be better."
Avul: "We can ride in it nonetheless..." *He generates a map and hands it to Valron.* "Or is this what you want?"
Gibby: "It's the best way to travel. We'll hover over all the scary stuff."
Valron: "...Not to poke a hole in your logic, Gibby, but. What if there's 'scary stuff' that's in the air?" *He asks as he casually takes the map from Avul, nodding to him as he looks it over.*
Gibby: "I didn't see anything before."
Valron: "I'd rather not chance things."
Metal Man (GM): The map shows the paths go all over the planet. "Destroyed Maverickville" "Dark Forest" (where you are now), "Haunted Algol." And also... "The Lost Casino."
Gibby: "Well you can go your way if you want. Me? I'm taking to the skies."
Valron checks to see if the map has the mists down as landmarks. "Are you sure splitting up's a wise decision? Besides, we still kinda need to look for Ragnar, even if we did spook him, there."
Metal Man (GM): It does. It shows the mist of purple as "Wulfgar" and the blue one as "Ael." It also shows a black one called "Void." It shows Avul next to you and Gibby, and Ragnar off in the distance.
Avul: "...That cat of yours is wandering in a factory... We should save him."
Valron: "Yes. Yes we should. After that we're getting right out of here because we do not need to be anywhere near these trainwrecks any longer than we should be."
Gibby: "Running off like that... what was he thinking?"
Valron: "He's a cat. Cats don't like getting stabbed with sharp, pointy objects."
Avul: "I should have just had one of you stab yourself thrice. I felt a bit too symbolic today."
Valron: "His instincts probably just kicked in or something."
Gibby: "But he was still aware of the mission. Of how important this is!"
Valron: "It happens, I guess" *He shrugs as he makes his way to where Ragnar is on the map, motioning for the others to follow, making sure to steer clear of the three mists.*
Metal Man (GM): You wander to where Ragnar is...
Gibby: "First I stab myself, then I don't get to go on a hot air balloon, and now I have to find a cat in a factory! What a day!"
Avul: "He's in here somewhere."
Metal Man (GM): He looks around, idly taking out two flashlights.
Avul: "Don't... mind the debris. I had to do some work..."
Metal Man (GM): He vacuums up a bunch of weird debris off of the ground.
Valron: "Right."
Metal Man (GM): You wander around, not finding him.
Avul: "Hm. I don't think we'll find him just wandering around... You know how to make him come out of hiding?"
Gibby: "RAGNAR! WHERE ARE YOU?!"
Avul: "Hm. Give me a moment..."
Metal Man (GM): He starts charging something.
Valron: "Hm? Alright, then."
Metal Man (GM): Avul starts disintegrating the entire factory... ...And while he's distracted, you hear footsteps running for the exit!
Gibby: "Ragnar? Is that you?"
Valron follows behind Gibby, keeping up at a steady pace.
Metal Man (GM): You chase him. Avul stands behind, deleting the factory from existence.
Ragnar: *RUN FROM THE CRAZY PEOPLE AND THEIR KNIVES TO THAT CASINO.*
Metal Man (GM): You see the twisted casino in the distance, and Ragnar running into it.
Gibby: "Ragnar! Stop! I'm sorry about the knives thing!"
Ragnar: *And in he goes.*
Valron: "Ugh, not this stupid place again..."
Gibby: "What's the big deal? It's a casino."
Metal Man (GM): The Casino... THE Casino... the Quester Casino.
Valron: "An old base of operations we had on Alsa."
Metal Man (GM): It has a crater in the side from when it was blown up by Digi, but it's standing, otherwise.
Valron: "Ian... kinda blew it the fuck up."
Metal Man (GM): You'd hear the sliding doors on the front of it open and shut.
Valron: "From what I gathered anyways. He unloaded a whole ship's worth of missiles into the damned thing." *He heads on through the doors.*
Gibby: "Well there ya go then. Things are blown to bits. No worries, right?"
Valron: "Eh. Guess so."
Metal Man (GM): Avul walks over, looking around.
Avul: "So, found your friend yet, or do we leave him here? I could always take his place."
Gibby: "He ran inside the casino. Think you can conjure up some cat food?"
Valron: "Or some roast beef. Either or would work."
Avul: "Hm."
Metal Man (GM): He creates some, but it's... that ugly black and white color.
Avul: "I'm afraid not. Food doesn't taste good if I make it."
Valron: "Unfortunate. I'll just head in myself, then." *He proceeds to enter the casino, going to look around for Ragnar. Whoosh.*
Gibby: "Well as long as it smells good, it'll work."
Metal Man (GM): It has no smell.
Avul: "...I cannot create that sense either."
Gibby: "Darn... Doing it the hard way then."
Metal Man (GM): The doors open for Valron, revealing the casino, with portraits of Julian all about inside. Avul follows inside.
Valron rolls his eyes as he looks at the portraits of Julian, continuing to walk through the casino... and puts his nose to work, deciding to try and sniff out Ragnar. Because honestly, why not?
Gibby: "Ragnar! Raaaaagnar! Here kitty kitty!"
Metal Man (GM): The elevator hits floor 1 and opens for you guys. The room is full of slot machines.
Valron makes his way through the slot machines, making sure to carefully look behind and around them.
Metal Man (GM): You find nothing around them, though kitty footsteps go into the elevator.
Valron: *And into the elevator he goes!*
Gibby: "We'd be done by now if it wasn't for that darn cat."
Valron: "Mm. At least we'll have a better idea of this place as a whole in case we ever have to go back here again."
Metal Man (GM): You're inside. There's 6 other floors to choose from.
Valron decides to start off with... floor 3. Yes, that's a good place to start, maybe.
Metal Man (GM): You open floor 3. It's pretty empty, it's a hotel that was never finished. You hear loud banging far away upstairs.
Valron blinks, before slowly making his way upstairs, being careful with each step.
Metal Man (GM): You make your way up the stairs... You determine the noise is all the way at the top. Do you go to the top floor?
Gibby: "Stupid... stairs..."
Valron: *TO THE TOP.*
Metal Man (GM): You finally reach the top. Where you find Ragnar banging on some sort of metal.
Gibby: "RAGNAR! You are in SO much trouble!"
Ragnar: "MROW!" >.<; *He steps aside to reveal Garrick's crashed ship.*
Valron: "What are you even doing, exact..."
Gibby: "..."
Metal Man (GM): It's... it's the ship the Questers used to use on Alsa. Damaged, but not destroyed. It's sitting right there.
Gibby: "...good kitty."
Valron: "...Ah! That old ship we used on Alsa! Sorry, guys, but it's a red herring, I believe. While it does look like something of Garrick's, it's not exactly his."
Gibby: "I don't know what fish have to do with this, but perhaps something inside could help us."
Valron: "Though I do wonder if we could bring this back with us. It was a pretty solid machine from what I remember." *He goes to follow Gibby on into the ship.*
Metal Man (GM): It's a wreck, but you can start it up. Before you do so, though, there is Avul.
Avul: "Ah, the way out. Don't mind if I ride out with you."
Ragnar: *He heads into the ship, taking a seat as if nothing ever happened.*
Valron: "Sure, go ahead. Wouldn't be particularly nice to leave anyone behind, anyways."
Gibby: "Sure, go ahead. I don't suppose you can create something to give this ship some juice."
Valron: "Eesh. This old thing's a bit of a mess, but I should be able to pilot it." *Takes the pilot's seat.*
Avul: *Idly takes a seat.*
Metal Man (GM): The autopilot is still there, waiting to be activated. You can set it to space... even to the Eternal Dauntless!
Gibby: "Fins crossed we don't explode."
Valron: *Activates the autopilot, then sets it to the Eternal Dauntless* "Let's get this thing into gear."
Avul folds his hands.
Valron: "I should make a note to ask Illian what we have in terms of personal ships/mecha. It'd be nice to know. In any case..." *Makes sure everything's all nice and accounted for before taking off.*
Metal Man (GM): The ship takes off... and you're already to the Eternal Dauntless. How nice. You'd land inside the docking bay, as Avul would tip his hat to you and go to walk out and follow you.
Gibby: "Well that was surprisingly simple."
Valron: "That's always a plus." *He nods as he heads out of the ship.*
Ragnar: *He hops up to Valron's shoulder, looking somewhat smug.*
Metal Man (GM): You'd walk into the main room. Illian would wake up, confused.
Valron chuckles slightly, patting Ragnar on the head.
Gibby: "Hey, Illian. How was your nap?"
Illian MacGregor: "Already back? But... hm. I thought there would be more down there... It was... a lot quicker than I thought. ...Who is that?"
Avul: "Avul." *Crosses his arms and grins.*
Valron: "It was surprisingly simple. We made sure to stay out of the way of the mist-based remnants of Ael and Wulfgar and- Oh. Yeah. Avul. We found him along with the page you sent us to get."
Gibby: "He helped us escape."
Illian MacGregor: "That can't be right... you register as three people at once, making it impossible for me to figure out what you are."
Valron: "Also, we came back with a little bonus. And by that I mean, the old ship we had on Alsa."
Gibby: "I'd say we earned our pay today... well, MOST of us did."
Valron: "Hey, Ragnar found the ship. Honestly, I forgot that it would even be there."
Gibby: "He got lucky."
Illian MacGregor: "Well... I guess we're good... give me the page and we can deal with finding Garrick for good next."
Valron nods, handing Illian the page.
Avul: "I will hang out in an unused space... waiting for when I am useful."
Metal Man (GM): He would walk off, strangely self-assured despite only coming into existence officially a short while ago.
Gibby: "You're good people, Avul."
Ragnar: *He drops the papers in front of Illian.*
Avul: "Three of them, if you believe my scan." *He chuckles and vanishes into a side room.*
Illian MacGregor: *Takes the page, then... takes out the papers as well* "What is this... hmmm..."
Valron: "More like tw... o." *He blinks as he looks at Illian, curious.*
Gibby: "I like that guy. So Illian, where's Garrick?"
Illian MacGregor: "Give me a moment."
Metal Man (GM): He idly shuts a door.
Illian MacGregor: "If these papers are correct, that Avul person could be... something bad."
Gibby: "...fine. But not too long! We don't wanna miss him."
Metal Man (GM): He would show you the papers Ragnar dropped. They indicate that whatever Avul is, he's been trying to escape for a long time.
Gibby: "Something bad? He helped us!"
Metal Man (GM): He built a ton of weapons and discovered he needed a soul to escape...
Valron: "Always does seem like things are a bit too simple. Hm."
Gibby: "I mean sure the stabbing thing was a bit odd, but we lived."
Illian MacGregor: "Not to alarm you, but I get the feeling he is as mysterious and dangerous as that realm you were just in. If we leave we might be freeing some unholy thing to wreak havoc on the universe. Still, he is not hostile. The issue is we need to determine his true nature."
Gibby: "Always with the drama."
Valron: "See, that's the part I don't quite get. How he managed to come into being with what was a gem that was apparently comprised of a Chaos Emerald, some Shadar peculiarities, and Time Cop technology. That part's still bugging me."
Illian MacGregor: "... See, he registers as three people at once. If any of those people are as evil as those things you mentioned are, we could be dealing with something much larger than my evil doppelganger."
Gibby: "He's his own company."
Illian MacGregor: "Someone who doesn't even need to antagonize people... ...Because he seems to be able to alter reality without a thought... and without any gimmicks."
Valron: "Well, this is a fine mess."
Gibby: "OR he could just be a really cool dude trying to help."
Illian MacGregor: "We have to figure out a quiet way to make a deal for him not to demand passage out of the realm... I'm not even sure if we could take him as he is. Given he has the power to alter reality, I'm guessing the only reason he hasn't done anything yet is he hasn't needed to."
Valron: "Yes, he didn't exactly seem to care about how he created things from thin air, either. Hm."
Illian MacGregor: "These types are listed in the Time Cop book as 'Alterers', probably one of the most dangerous as they can be memetic... Means that they don't die normally. They can spread anywhere their theme element exists. He can move between shadows... ..." *Looks worried* "There's only one thing to do, and it's incredibly dangerous."
Gibby: "I think the lack of rest is getting you stressed out, man. Take a chill pill and relax."
Valron: "Ohhh boyyy... What is it, exactly?"
Illian MacGregor: "My magitek can disable him, but he has to willingly use it. Failure would probably mean our demise at his hands, I'm not convinced he can be killed by normal means. Wulfgar was one thing. This guy is something weirder."
Gibby: "Might as well talk to a brick wall."
Ragnar: *He nudges at Illian's leg, holding up his tiny dartgun and the pile of weapon materials.*
Valron: "And how would one even go about this whole thi... ng."
Illian MacGregor: "Well. If you don't believe me... politely ask him... huh?" *He looks at the weapons.* "Hm. Weapons made out of the same material he is. That would work... Quick, tell me what weapons you prefer so I can forge them. This way if things go pear shaped we can at least harm him."
Gibby: "Swords of course. But this is so unnecessary."
Valron: "Either a gun or scythe shall suffice."
Metal Man (GM): Despite being tired, he frantically produces a sword, a machinegun, and for himself a shotgun... and glances to Ragnar.
Illian MacGregor: "What about you? A dagger or...?"
Metal Man (GM): He loads the shadow shotgun.
Illian MacGregor: "I've never used one of these, feels far too light."
Valron: *Casually takes the machinegun, shrugging.*
Ragnar: "Mew." *That's right, he still has that tiny little dart-firing gun strapped to his paw. The thing looks like a toy right now.*
Metal Man (GM): Illian makes a shadow clone of it, then looks to the others.
Illian MacGregor: "Follow my lead, we're going to make sure this doesn't get messy."
Gibby: "Woah! Wait... we're doing this now? For real?"
Valron: *Nods, following Illian along* "Well, you can just ask him like Illian said."
Gibby: "That's what I plan on doing. We're not going to just attack a guy who helped us out."
Illian MacGregor: "We shall see who is right... I'm not going to just point it at him, no."
Valron: "Aye. We're a bit more civilized than that. This is more of a 'worst case' sort of thing."
Metal Man (GM): He casually walks into the room, where Avul has built a small series of buildings that replicate his home world in miniature.
Avul: "Hm?"
Metal Man (GM): Illian then gestures to Gibby.
Avul: "Yes?"
Gibby: "Alright. Avul, sorry about this. It's kinda awkward, but we gotta know whether or not part of you is some sort of evil dark entity who's going to mess with our reality. That's not the case, right?"
Avul: "Oh, I'm not sure if Evil is the word. Evil is too limited to describe me. I simply have interesting ideas for your boring little world."
Gibby: "Well I'm satisfied. Come on, let's go eat."
Illian MacGregor: *Clears throat* "What kind of changes?"
Metal Man (GM): He smirks and idly generates Alsa, then shows it being torn in two.
Avul: "There's a lot of fun mannequins in your world, but evil is just too boring. What if one side was possessed with infinite blessings and the other, utterly destroyed?"
Illian MacGregor crosses his arms and taps foot, looking at Gibby.
Gibby: "...but he was NICE to us!"
Avul: "You don't have to explain." *He stands up.* "I already knew the whole time. I heard you through the shadows. I don't actually need your ship either... or your help... to leave anymore."
Illian MacGregor: "!?"
Avul: "You see, the part that mattered was having a soul."
Valron: "In retrospect, I should have just stabbed those knives through your precious little gem." *He doesn't even say a word, already leveling his machinegun as he goes to just shoot Avul*
Illian MacGregor: "I have two-thirds of Valron and one-third of Gibby, that makes one--"
Metal Man (GM): Roll an attack roll (AGI), +2.
Gibby: "Valron!"
Metal Man (GM): *Also that last line was said by Avul* You shoot him. Damage +10 ..and 2/3 of it also hits Valron... And 1/3 of it hits Gibby.
Gibby: "Ow! ...What was that?"
Avul: "I have parts of your souls. You hurt me, you hurt yourselves. You kill me, you kill yourselves."
Valron: "Oh, well, then. No big deal."
Gibby: "NOBODY KILL HIM!"
Avul: *Smirks devilishly* "That's why I was nice to you. Why would I want to kill myself?"
Ragnar: *He's already hit Avul with a Garu from his angel...*
Avul: "On the other hand, this soulless thing and..." *Damage for the Garu thing?*
Gibby: "Ow! Again! Enough with the attacks."
Metal Man (GM): Divvy that damage up as 2/3 of it to Valron and 1/3 etc.
Avul: "The cat aren't so likely to get my mercy." :D
Dragoshi: "Mmph."
Metal Man (GM): He would roll up his sleeve, only for Illian to hold out his time device.
Valron: *Said that.*
Ragnar: *Hiss.*
Illian MacGregor: "Whatever that means, I can go back in time and delete you. So back off or experience my OTHER powers."
Avul: "Don't you get it?"
Metal Man (GM): He turns blue for a moment.
Ael: "I'm three people, and one of them was a Time cop!"
Avul: "I may not have all of his memories, but you can't use that on me. I can do the same thing!"
Illian MacGregor: "..."
Valron: "...Seriously? I kinda had a feeling."
Illian MacGregor: "Then we are at a stalemate."
Valron: "Just a tad."
Gibby: "Stalemate. I can accept that."
Avul: "You are. I'm not." *He idly changes to a black tone.*
The Void: "We aren't as limited as you are. Space is nothing to us, now that we have corporeal form. ...Oh. And hello, Questers. I found a loophole to that thing you used to kill me."
Valron: "I wasn't even there for that part."
Metal Man (GM): He changes to normal, as he then idly snaps his fingers and opens a portal in reality.
Valron: "Also we can just fill you up with something."
Avul: "You can't fill me up because The Void is filled up by me! Magnificent, wonderful..."
Evil Wolfman: "ME."
Gibby: "The Void... of all the things."
Valron: "Okay, so that explains the two parts, bu- God dammit."
Gibby: "WHAT?"
Valron: "You.."
Metal Man (GM): He laughs at you, speaking in all three voices at once.
Avul: "You killed my second incarnation. Dead. You won that fight. Technically you also killed my other two selves too."
Valron: "I guess if you're back I'll be having a ton of back-pay for that whole mess my form was in."
Avul: "But the three of us have other plans than staying dead forever."
Valron: "Eesh."
Metal Man (GM): He then snaps his fingers, causing Gibby and Valron to cringe in pain, unable to move.
Valron: "The only thing holding me back is the fact that Gibb- Ghhhh!"
Avul: "You were every bit as gullible as all of me remembered you as."
Gibby: "GAH!"
Avul: "The only malfunction is one of you had to give TWICE, which is entirely too much loading on one person. I would have ripped this damn dimension in two already had that not happened."
Gibby: "Good... job... Valron..."
Valron: "Heheh... Accidentally spanners... Gotta love 'em."
Avul: "This is not over, but the better thought is that you are the least of my concerns. Tinman and his pet cat can't kill me."
Ael: "I alone could take them both on."
The Void: "LET ALONE ALSO ME!"
Evil Wolfman: "Shut up and get us out of here already, you idiots!"
Metal Man (GM): Avul walks out, slapping himself in the face before the portal closes behind him. The pain subsides, though Illian holds his face in his palm.
Illian MacGregor: "I should have known better than to go here... my tiredness led me to make this bad decision."
Ragnar: *He goes over and tries to help Gibby and Valron up to their feet.*
Illian MacGregor: "But nonetheless, we have a page from The Book."
Valron: "I... I take full responsibility for this mess, sir." *He slowly gets up, breathing heavily.*
Illian MacGregor: "...But whether or not I should use it to erase that THING rather than finding Garrick... That is the question. All three are made from The Book's magic. It would be no surprise for it to die if the page is used on it."
Valron: "To be honest, I wouldn't mind being rid of it. Or at least rendering its' connection to Gibby and I null and it worthless in some way..."
Gibby: "...okay, so maybe I'm not that great at judging others."
Illian MacGregor: "The fact Ragnar isn't tainted by it means he can deliver the deathblow with the page, if we choose that route."
Ragnar: "Nyan!"
Illian MacGregor: "I have no real soul to access it with so I don't count. The fringe benefit is I also have no soul for that thing to attack. That's partially why it left. No taint can corrupt me. I have nothing left to corrupt. No... it has other plans..."
Metal Man (GM): New messages pop up... showing a strange fleet of warped looking ships generating out of thin air and attacking Alsa.
Illian MacGregor: "...Like utterly wrecking Alsa. ...Do I really care if it destroys Alsa, though?"
Gibby: "We need to stop him, them, before they cause any more trouble. Use the page on him. We'll find Garrick another way."
Valron: "...Honestly I'd rather get what there is to be reaped from that mess. I'm sure there's a lot we could get out of it and- yes. There's always other methods."
Metal Man (GM): The ship moves to fly towards Alsa.
Gibby: "I prefer the method that's quick and painless."
Illian MacGregor: "Very well. We will remove him with the page. If we can do it fast enough. The issue is that he's like a combination of all our worst enemies in one person. As long as they don't bicker, he can randomly destroy or corrupt anything he wants... without even trying. Even once erased his taint may rise again. In fact, that's how he exists to begin with. All three never really... died... in the normal sense. Let's hope our page can make them dead for real."
Gibby: "Well worst case, this is a temporary solution."
Metal Man (GM): He shakes his head.
Illian MacGregor: "I hope it kills them... Otherwise we can forget about Xavier. This thing would destroy him for lunch and level Nintendus for dinner."
Gibby: "Point taken."
Valron: "I wonder... If he could paralyze us with whatever it was he did, maybe Gibby and I can do the same thing?"
Illian MacGregor: "If you can out-will The Void, Evil Wolfman and Ael combined... probably."
Valron: "...Good point."
Illian MacGregor: "That's a pretty tall order though... Just be happy there's no Kuja in there."
Valron: "Yeah I'd probably need something ridiculous backing me up, in any case."
Illian MacGregor: "God Kuja would still manage to beat all three. Given those three jokers never figured out how to hold onto anything for more than 10 minutes. God Kuja... had 10 years. At the worst, they'll make a huge mess, and we'll clean it up."
Ragnar: "Mew." *He makes clawing motions at Illian.*
Illian MacGregor: "Just... get ready, because this is going to be messy."
Metal Man (GM): He looks to Ragnar.
Illian MacGregor: "Hm?"
Valron: *Nods.*
Gibby: "Right. Messy."
Ragnar: *He looks up at the Page.*
Metal Man (GM): Illian hands Ragnar the page.
Illian MacGregor: "This is the page. Writing in ink and brandishing it at the target should erase them. Key word, should. Given all there are null pointers, that may make it complex. We have to try, though..."
Valron: "Yeah. That's the most we can do, really."
Metal Man (GM): On this note... we pause, because I'm tired to the extreme. +666 EXP
Gibby: *666? This session is possessed by the devil!*
Metal Man (GM): Yes. Yes it was. Mwa ha ha ha haaa.
Ragnar does 1066 get me a level up?
Metal Man (GM): Yeah, 1066 is a level up.
Ragnar: *Dance dance.*
Metal Man (GM): Nah, it's something else... Something evil. Alsa space Avul warps in, sizing up the planet for destruction, as he warps in weird staticy space ships.
Avul: "This will be like making candy out of deceased babies."
Metal Man (GM): The ships fly in, virtually unopposed. They first go towards... the continent Jack is on. Jackland, HQ Jack is in his beautiful house made of diamond and gold, when Mario in a butler's uniform walks over towards him with a telephone.
Mario: "There's-a urgent notice for-a you, sir!"
Jack: "Do you really think I care? I'm busy building this log cabin out of ancient ruin blocks I dredged from under the ocean here!"
Mario: "It's important sir. A-a entire army of staticy ships are burning down all sentient life they find and proclaiming that Ael, Evil Wolfman, and The Void have decided to kill you and everything you hold dear."
Jack: "Dammit! I've only tinkered with all the life force of this planet, used it to cure you of your bizarre drug addiction only for my amusement, and now some outer space jerks have to come and stop me from playing Jenga with the funeral pillars of kings!"
Metal Man (GM): He gets up, tossing the pillars he was stacking in the spacious, diamond-covered room aside, breaking many of them. He picks up the phone and listens.
Jack: "Ahuh... total destruction... no survivors... death everywhere... sounds great!" *He slams the phone down.* "Except that's MY job!"
Metal Man (GM): He stomps out, taking out his flamethrower-wand device with him. Jacktopia Central (Formal Algol capital). The once stately and huge PSO people city is now being razed by the staticy ships from beyond the netherworld. It rains burning science-fiction cliches from the sky, as the dusty, abandoned angular towers that would never stand up straight in normal physics are annihilated. Then, there is an odd buzzing... a drone... ...As a fleet of reverse engineered, gold plated Time Cop ships starts flying into view. Jack is in the head of the biggest one, which literally has his huge face carved into it as if it was a massive mountain. With twin deathrays for eyes. And... for some reason... he put the flame-plasma exhaust for his ship's engines in the mouth. He stares out one of the eyes as he picks up the jewel and diamond encrusted comms radio.
Jack: "Attention loser who destroys monuments to dead people! That's MY job! You have exactly zero seconds to run in terror before I kill all of your abominations and wipe you off of this planet like I did to those two-bit Questers!"
Avul: "Oh ho. You're certainly looking rich and full of it, Jack."
Jack: "I don't care what your overly convoluted backstory is! I'm kicking your ass!"
Avul: "...Fine."
Jack: "It better be, because I'm going to burn your ships... and then re-raise them and gold plate them, like I do to everything that ticks me off!"
Avul: *Sigh* "Just once, maybe they could be afraid of me... but no, I forget, this is the only planet where fear has been replaced with obnoxious bravado."
Jack: "I can't hear you over the sounds of my ancient futuristic deathlasers burning your ships!"
Metal Man (GM): TSEEEEEEW The staticy ships are blasted by enough firepower to destroy a small city. They are annihilated. Along with part of the very city Jack was "protecting."
Jack: "Shoot, good thing nobody was around to see that. Er-hem, to outer space! I have to kill this loser for making me get out of bed!"
Metal Man (GM): The ship and his silent undead slaves bow to his command, taking the ridiculous abomination of shipcraft up to face Avul. Avul stares at it, rolling his eyes.
Avul: "Do you have no shame? Your ship is nothing more than a giant tribute to your narcissism!"
Jack: "Your mouth is a giant tribute to your--SURPRISE DEATHLASER TO THE FACE!"
Metal Man (GM): It fires a beam at Avul, who simply phases out for a moment, then back in.
Avul: "Normal people would die from that. Maybe even the Arbiter. But I'm not even a person to begin with."
Jack: "Well, it's not like I don't know any other spells. I can always kill you the embarrassing way, like, slowly Pushing you into the sun with Kinesis."
Avul: "This farce has continued on enough. Let me explain... in the very way you do."
Metal Man (GM): He holds out two hands, grabs reality very hard, and then literally causes the entire ship to wrinkle up like a wadded up piece of paper. It throws sparks and burns, malfunctioning terribly.
Jack: "Hm. That's new. And very painful! But I'll just use my spell and..."
Metal Man (GM): The machine reverses back to normal.
Avul: "..."
Jack: "Well, what do you think? Am I great, or am I better than great? Because this isn't some tinker toy you're looking at! We could go at this forever. I took on Gods... and I killed 'em! Those Quester freaks, remember? They had to give me this half of the planet! My spells tell me you're just three moldy leftover bad guys pasted together. I'm one whole killing machine, and all I see is recycled villainy with nowhere to go!"
Metal Man (GM): Jack then opens the airlock, floating out into outer space like it's nothing. He floats right towards Avul, who tries to nuke him... with the infamous HEAT BEAM. Jack holds out his hands and grabs the heat beam. Then he begins to crush it in his bare hands.
Jack: "Half of a planet's energy, vs... some fake-@#$ s@#$? Is this even for real? No! It isn't! Go home and practice hexes on somebody who forgot the Low Level Spells tier, you wadded up old newspaper!"
Metal Man (GM): He then idly readies the sprayer and attacks Avul with a monstrous cloud of death gas from his mass destroyer. Some of it goes off course and burns a hole in the moon.
Jack: "Oops..."
Metal Man (GM): Avul phases some more, but this development phases him a lot more than he thought it would.
Avul: "I don't get it... how is he not effected by reality itself being bent and crumpled on him..."
Jack: "Irresistible force meets unmovable object. You can be invincible and unkillable, but I'm not destructible by mere 'destruction' energy! On the other hand... maybe I feel like trying some of my tricks on you instead!"
Metal Man (GM): He forms... a Time Device on his hand.
Avul: "What!?"
Jack: "Oh. You might recognize this, one of your lackeys left it behind when they exploded all over the place. I thought it was just a cheap watch until I accidentally warped back in time and left a clone of myself in some primitive land. A real mess, but it explains why I felt deja vu when I was possessed by Dyne... it was just me, possessing myself!"
Avul: "This is insane! Why aren't these plot holes making me more powerful?"
Jack: "Hm. Because you're only one third of The Void?"
Avul: "...Fine, you win. You know more about me than even I do. I just wanted to kill people and destroy things after all my failures."
Jack: "Hey, go ahead and do that, but not to me... or to Alsa. Because that's my turf to explode and destroy! But on the other hand, there are some really annoying stupid people elsewhere you can kill. You know. The Time Cops?"
Avul: *Puts hand to chin* "Maybe that is a better idea..."
Jack: "Yeah. You go... try fighting the guy who is made out of an entire planet... and I'll read your obit--er, congratulate you on your victory!"
Avul: "Well..." *He gets a grin on his face.* "I actually DO know what to do to him..."
Jack: "..." *Shrugs* "Knock yourself out, I only want my planet to be mine to destroy."
Avul: "Hmf. Fine. You keep you planet--because you seem so much better at destroying parts of it than I am--but you leave the Time Cops alone."
Jack: "Fine enough. Now go away before I crash the entire moon into you!"
Avul: "..." *Vanishes.*
Metal Man (GM): Jack floats back to his ship, dusting off the space dust.
Jack: "Damn triple abomination. Doesn't even know that when you put three great flavors together, you get one horribly bad tasting one instead."
Metal Man (GM): *Scene fades out as Jack returns to playing Jenga with the dead's monuments... ...and Avul contemplates revenge on the Time Cops.* And this whole scene was witnessed by the Illian people, to be discussed... next sessionish!
Metal Man (GM): Ok. I'll just set the stage. It's a holo room aboard the Eternal Dauntless, you have been chosen to do battle with... A single Goomba. Roll inits! Hmmm.... That's right... Let's try the conversion rate. AC shall be the number you normally would have minus 9. Order: Valron, Grim, GOOMBA Valron Goomba is... 30 feet away. In front of you. He is hiding behind a wall and gets 33.333% co--just kidding, no walls.
Valron levels the Borne-22 at the Goomba, going to to pop a single shot off at it.
Metal Man (GM): The Goomba is far too slow to dodge that, hit. None that I know of; just roll damage.
Grim: "Oh dear, I think you got it in the eye."
Metal Man (GM): And a lucky shot really gives that Goomba a blast to the face. It's still standing, but probably not for long!
Valron: "Well, good to see this thing's in excellent working order..."
Grim: "I'll have a little fun! Spell~ Cause Fear. Run little creature~"
Metal Man (GM): Hm. What's the normal DC for that, assuming I were to roll normally?
Grim: *You'd have to beat my spell level, so 14*
Metal Man (GM): 14. Ok, translated ala AC that'd be 5, and he doesn't beat it, so you win.
Grim: *He's in fear for 3 rounds.*
Metal Man (GM): And remind me, what penalties does that cause again?
Grim: *The one thing I never wrote down, sec.*
Metal Man (GM): Hm. Seems like a -2 to everything. He'd also run away, but may as well finish this battle. If it weren't a test he'd probably run away for real though!
Grim: *http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Frightened Ah you found it.*
Metal Man (GM): That your turn?
Grim: *Well, that's my turn anyway, spells are a standard action.*
Metal Man (GM): Aye. The Goomba, terrified as it were, makes a lame attempt to charge and headbonk Valron. Attacking being the only thing he is good at, he has a sliver of a chance! NOPE Yup. Normally he'd get a +5, he got only a +3 instead. Given Valron's AC though, he wasn't hitting anyway. May have to nerf his AC. Or may not, we'll see what happens in round two! The Goomba is now right next to Valron and 10 feet away from Grim. I forgot how nice it is to express everything in feet.
Valron: *Tries to readjust his aim at his suddenly up-close target, attempting to shoot it up some more.* (Any penalties for firing at something that up-close to me that I should be aware of?)
Metal Man (GM): The Goomba is now right next to Valron and 10 feet away from Grim. Hm. Up close shooting... Nope. Correct. Hit! I'm just using this to test out the system. He's further damaged, now looking near defeat.
Grim: *Step back 10 feet and a bow shot.*
Metal Man (GM): Luckily he isn't in melee or otherwise that whole confusing mass of things would come up, shoot away! That would be 7. Going with q3 for a flat d20. May even have to bump it up or decrease the AC calculation. Or modify it slightly. You hit; the Goomba doesn't even really have much AC after all that's happened. And after that, the Goomba poofs out of existence, defeated. Doot-do-doo! That was far less tricky than I thought it would be... I think I'll move AC to being your normal AC minus 11. Then to-hits will have a q2 for a flat d20, to help combat inflation on the attack dice front. This is also subject to change. But the next round will test this. Even with that it feels like it'll work smoothly. Now, for the real battle--vs. DEATHGUARD Roll inits! Order: Deathguard, Valron, Grim The Deathguard stands 30 feet away. He takes out his Phase Pistol and goes to murderize you with a cone of laser energy. Roll Reflex saves. Valron saves and only takes 7 damage; Grim takes the full 15. half of your DR is ignored if you have any of that. And no, I am not using the "Die if you take over half your HP in one hit" rules. This is more "Die if you hit -10"--if you get below 0 you're KO'd. And even then you don't bleed to death. Unless someone very specifically used some bleeding effect on you. Also so far I'm thinking, so good with this Pathfinder setup. I can easily make a full set of armor, items and weapons/equipment for this system and we can just carry on. Oh, and a tutorial, of course.
Valron: *Grumbles a little after getting shot up a bit, responding by firing two shots from the Magitek Machinegun at the Deathguard* (Semi-auto burst)
Metal Man (GM): You manage to hit him both times, barely. His DR helps him a bit here, but he still takes 7 damage. He grunts a bit from it. 7 HP healed.
Grim: *And that's that.* *Shrug* *Standard/move action done.*
Metal Man (GM): Good thing stuff like that exists, I forget that in this system my enemies actually DO have a good chance of killing people. The Deathguard's gun is still sizzling hot from all that earlier. He takes out his rifle and shoots at Dragoshi's head. Called shot. Misses. He, too fires a second shot, this one is normal. With the penalty and all. Another miss. AC will probably be nerfed, at least I'll have to look into what's causing Drag's high AC... anyway!
Valron: *Swiftly ducks away from both of the Deathguard's shots, returning fire by popping off another two shots from his machinegun.*
Dragoshi: *1d6 For the one hit.*
Metal Man (GM): Back from uafk. First hit, second misses. 4 damage.
Grim: "Well, I can't take getting shot, I'll need something in front of me for cover." *Mystery - Bones - Raise the Dead*
Grim: *I get a skeleton as a summon, with hit dice equal to my class level. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/skeleton-medium.*
Metal Man (GM): And, further to your advantage... the Deathguard's stuff only deals piercing damage.
Grim: *Great. Well, it has 8 HP and will last my CHA mod rounds.*
Metal Man (GM): Good choice.
Grim: *So, I guess it's added after me in the turn order?*
Metal Man (GM): Now the Deathguard could probably totally walk up and punch it to death but currently he's annoyed he can't seem to hit Dragoshi. Yeah. Skeleton
Grim: *It'll take guard 5 feet ahead of me.*
Metal Man (GM): Ok.
Grim: *That's it~*
Metal Man (GM): The Deathguard takes out his Phase pistol. Given his other targets are to the side, he only threatens Valron with this blast. Reflex save for Valron. Not high enough this time, 15 damage to Valron.
Valron stumbles back, quite battered by the phasefire, before continuing to return fire with the usual bursts of gunfire.
Metal Man (GM): Hit and miss. And 2 damage.
Grim: "Can't have you shooting that thing anymore. First level spell, burning disarm~"
Grim: *This spell causes a metal object to instantly become red hot. A creature holding the item may attempt a Reflex save to drop it and take no damage (even if it is not their turn), otherwise the hot metal deals 1d4 points of fire damage per caster level (maximum 5d4).*
Metal Man (GM): Although, given this thing is heat based, this will also mean he can't fire it for TWO rounds. It is entirely possible to do that, though I will warn that it has a slightly unstable fusion generator inside it. :p It can probably take one more of those in a row before the next one in a row totally destroys it, FYI
Grim: *Sorry, one sec.*
Metal Man (GM): You burn him good. His hand sizzles horribly. Guess that's a pretty good choice of attack.
Grim: *He's distracted, approach and bash~*
Metal Man (GM): Indeed, you may flank him while that is going on. He sidesteps, barely.
Grim: *The Skeleton clatters.* (and can't do much else :P)
Metal Man (GM): The Deathguard takes offense to anything insane enough to fight him up close. He goes to punch the skeleton with his beefy arms.
Grim: *Skeleton has 16-11 for 5, so miss.* :D
Metal Man (GM): He shows off just how bad he is at punching after burning his arm. FYI, things like that are exactly why I wanted to use the q system--so that could happen.
Valron continues to plink away at the Guard with burst after burst of gunfire.
Metal Man (GM): Hit. Hit. He takes meager damage.
Grim: *Will he reflex this time?*
Metal Man (GM): He realizes that, while he can just ignore it, he can't shoot it anyway, so reflex time.
Grim: *DC 14, reflex save.*
Metal Man (GM): According to my revised numbers, he succeeds that (the -11 thing). The gun sizzles on the ground. One more of those in a row can and will explode it. You don't know how huge the explosion would be though.
Grim: "Tee-hee~."
Deathguard: "..."
Grim: "Skeleton, bash away~."
Metal Man (GM): He ducks away from that one.
Grim: *Skeleton clatters.*
Metal Man (GM): He goes to punch the Skeleton again. Luck hates him. Medium.
Grim: *Skeleton just stands there.* :v
Metal Man (GM): He decides to move away from the skeleton towards Grim. AOO for the Skeleton, if it gets any. He ducks. I'm not as rusty as I thought I was, hooray. Well, so far he's managed to leave the gun behind. He can't really pick it up, and kicking it would probably not end well. However, he does look about ready to twist Grim into a pretzel with his muscled arms. He is super evil. Neutral Evil.
Valron: *Bang bang bang you get the idea.*
Metal Man (GM): Hit, hit. He's starting to look worn out.
Grim: "Oh, look the big bad man wants to beat up a grandmother. Well, Protection from Evil~."
Grim: *http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/protection-from-evil He first, the subject gains a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves. Both these bonuses apply against attacks made or effects created by evil creatures. And the third may or may not apply, depending on how he was brought to this battle. I move the full 30 feet away from Doomy. (And that's it)*
Metal Man (GM): Hm. The third doesn't apply, this battle is mimicking the last time they appeared--which would be not summoned but rather made out of normal humans.
Grim: *Skeleton walks behind and tries to bash doomy.*
Metal Man (GM): Will he finally hit? Let's find out! He does! Finally! It mildly irritates him, but it still is a hit.
Grim: "I knew you could do it, Bob The Skeleton #325."
Deathguard: "..."
Metal Man (GM): Deathguard. The Deathguard takes out his rifle and goes to shoot Grim the normal way with that rifle you accidentally forgot he had earlier. :p
Grim alas, one over my new Ac of 4.
Metal Man (GM): Not to worry, luck isn't done kicking him in the shin. He does fire the second shot though, while he's at it. That one actually connects. Apparently fooling around with Phase pistols and punching <<<<<< just shooting people with a honkin' rifle.
Valron: *IT'S LOTS AND LOTS OF GUNFIRE.*
Metal Man (GM): Hit. Miss. *PLONK.*
Grim: *I move further away, and use my mystery ability #2, Armor of bones. It gives me +4 ac armor of... well bones.*
Metal Man (GM): Interesting, a late-battle turnaround for the seemingly doomed Deathguard. Although his target is now becoming increasingly armored. Skeleton is dead now, right?
Grim: *And yes.*
Metal Man (GM): The Deathguard turns and returns fire on Valron, finding his target a bit too armored for his liking. POW, PLONK. Valron is KO'd, leaving Grim. Note: You CAN just heal people back to awakeness in this setup.
Grim: *Ah, great.*
Metal Man (GM): This is more of the classic SSQ, in which you're only dead... if you're literally dead.
Valron: *Down and... up? Well now!* (Back up to 8 HP then. :vv)
Metal Man (GM): Also some more of my old school rulings here, since I'm remembering how I used to run things.
Deathguard: "..." *He tries to headshot Valron again.*
Grim: "Scared of an old lady?"
Metal Man (GM): BOOM! Headshot. Valron stands up yet again! But let's also remember... He is sickened for 3 rounds...
Valron: "Ugh..."
Metal Man (GM): Yes. Hm. I don't think so in this case, guns don't use your strength. The Deathguard aims for Grim instead, with a headshot!
Grim: "Well, look at that. You're so cute with your gun."
Metal Man (GM): He tries a regular shot at Grim as well. Most likely also missing. Intriguing balance going on, I have to admit. I can see where the Pathfinder people did all the grunt work for me.
Valron continues to try and plunk away at the Deathguard, even with his currently unsteady aim.
Metal Man (GM): Hit, damage. He's... nearly dead now.
Grim: "Watch your hands. Burning Disarm~."
Metal Man (GM): He tries holding onto it... roll damage. He is nearly, but not quite, killed by that. It still functions, due to being a non-heat based one...
Grim: *I use my move action to move close to Valron.*
Metal Man (GM): He tries to shoot Grim twice more.
Grim: "Why, Deathguard, what poor aim you have."
Valron keeps on his usual attack pattern, wanting to just bring the Deathguard down already.
Metal Man (GM): He stares at Dragoshi, before then burning in a pillar of teal energy, defeated. That is that battle--much longer than it'd normally be and blowing away most of Grim's spells... but I feel that worked well enough.
Grim: "Nice work dear."
Valron: "Thank you. I wouldn't have made it through without your assistance, though."
Metal Man (GM): Mostly as a Deathguard is meant for 3-4 Questers when presented as a "Normal enemy." Against 2 it's a boss and against 1 it's a "DIEEEE"
Grim: *Yeah, I think that's why I exhausted almost all my level one spells.* :p
Metal Man (GM): So, I think this will be good to go. I have to go do stuff for other things now, but I think we're greenlight to try to continue Thursday or so. I'll make sure anyone else who needs a sheet has them and armor by then/at the beginning of that session and we're good.
Metal Man (GM): ??? ?????? ?????????--Just kidding. The two are on the Eternal Dauntless. Illian is there too, looking at what just happened.
Illian MacGregor: "..."
Valron: "..."
Illian MacGregor: "Well. That's a relief. We won't have to use the page on Avul after all... I think. ...We may have to use it on Jack instead."
Valron: "...You think."
Illian MacGregor: "The issue is..." *He puts a hand to his chin.* "I don't think that'd work on its own. He's... made of Alsan magic... which eats Nintendus energy. We have to sneak onto Alsa and find a Focus to change the type of the page... But my magic knowledge is rusty. Any of you know anything?" *He looks to his crew.*
Marley: "Sure, I do. Unfortunately yeh won't get it goin' cheap."
Valron: "Well, you'd also have to... well. Consider the issue of what would happen to his wealth. There's probably quite a lot of nasty opportunist types who would love to get his hands on it, Xavier incl- Ah?"
Marley: "Yeh need the ancient Echidna's best and most potent tomes... which were all stolen shortly after deh Questers left deh planet."
Valron: "Any leads as to their current location?"
Marley: "Yeh... you won't like it one bit." *He takes out some ancient scrolls and casts a spell.* "Lemmeh make sure it's right tho."
Metal Man (GM): It shows an image. The North Pole of Alsa. A huge city, abandoned, covered in ice. Filled with malevolent looking ghosts. And... corrupted Reploid corpses.
Valron: "...Oogh. Certainly looks like a mess, to say the least."
Marley: "Ah yeh, yeh see what happened here. The Replaids took it. And den dey all died for no reason. And zuh magic made it all a big hoppin' mad wasteland. Yeh best be ready to kill in there... the dead don't rest easey."
Illian MacGregor: "Still, nothing my operatives cannot handle... riiiight?"
Valron: "...We should be able to manage well enough."
Ragnar: "Hey, guys! Guys! Look what I did!" *He comes running in as a five-foot humanoid cat-person, grinning. His voice is rather high for his age.*
Valron: "...What."
Illian MacGregor: "Did Avul touch you or something??? ...I'm not going to question it, I need what little I can get."
Ragnar: *And on his heels is a growling, six-foot, furry manticore, looking around suspiciously at Valron and Marley.*
Valron: "It's not even the middle of the mission and already this day is off to a start. Eesh..."
Marley: "Ach, I see you've got some powerful magick there, little feller... not so little feller. You'll best be needin' it after what dose ghosts have in mind for yeh."
Ragnar: "Ghosts? What ghosts?"
Marley: "Dese ghosts."
Metal Man (GM): He shows a small scrying orb. It shows a ruined futuristic scity. Filled with dark shadows floating about.
Ragnar: "...Oh."
Marley: "They be the dead beings who lived there, animated by the powerful magick you seek to kill Jack."
Valron: "Yeah..."
Ragnar: "Well, that's no good. Can we affect ghosts with our stuff?"
Illian MacGregor: "Magitek and magic should hit them normally. Don't try to punch them. Obviously."
Valron: "I don't punch ghosts. I carve them. Or shoot them. Whichever is more convenient."
Illian MacGregor: "That should work. So... the two of you ready to search for the object?"
Marley: "One minute there, young man, don't send them without this!"
Ragnar: "I don't have attack magic, but I've got a bow..."
Metal Man (GM): He hands the scroll to Ragnar.
Marley: "This well locate the magick for ye! Hold it up and an arrow will point to deh location. It's so powerful you cannae miss it."
Valron: "Will do."
Marley: "Jus' be warned, the worst of deh ghosts lives at the source. I know--I wuz a ghost in the area. Before yer leader revived me."
Valron: "Makes sense that the nastiest things would be at the core."
Ragnar: "Anything else we should know?" *He tucks the scroll under one arm.*
Marley: "Oh yeh. Don't be touchin' da machines. The one named Panzer erased all he Replaids, but didn't realize! Alsa is where deh dead stuff goes! Turn dem on and you might be hit by a rip in reality... Even if a door doezn't work... don't give it power."
Valron: "Right. Beware of ghosts and undead reploids, use that scroll to locate the magic, and do not touch the machinery."
Marley: "You'll regret it forever."
Ragnar: "Okay. You hear that, boy? If we need a door open, just pull it open, okay?"
Valron: "Or bust it down."
Ragnar: *The manticore snorts.*
Illian MacGregor: "Straightforward enough. I can come and back you up personally if it gets too hairy at the source."
Valron: "As long as we don't power it, we'll be fine."
Illian MacGregor: "You might not earn as much cash but I don't want you to die either."
Valron: "Alternatively: Just make a doorway."
Illian MacGregor: "Choose wisely."
Metal Man (GM): The warp there would appear.
Illian MacGregor: "All right, you're briefed, just try not to lose a limb and tell me when you find it. I'll try to find some more people to join us as we wait."
Valron: "Understood."
Ragnar: "Yes, sir!" *He gives the manticore a signal, and it follows him into the warp, vanishing.*
Valron follows behind Ragnar and the manticore, walking into the warp.
Metal Man (GM): You walk into the warp. Before you... is the majestic and destroyed Reploid City. Black towers sit in the ice and snow, twisted over sideways. Rust melt is everywhere. Broken pieces of collapsed towers lay to the sides and sometimes in your path. You can, however, walk straight towards the middle of the city without much issue. Of course you have no clue WHERE to go yet.
Ragnar: *He holds up the scroll!*
Metal Man (GM): An arrow points off to the right of the path, into the snow, towards an edge of the city.
Valron looks at the scroll, nodding as he heads off to the right.
Ragnar: "Okay, Valron... you should probably lead. You've got more experience." *He follows Valron through the snow, his fur keeping him relatively warm. The manticore follows at his heels, quietly sniffing.*
Metal Man (GM): You walk into the snow... hm. It's pretty deep and slows your progress. You're making it there, but it's soft and melty... Goes up to your knees.
Valron: "Well, this is a tad bit obnoxious..." *He looks around to see if there's a more solid footing than this without straying too far from the path.*
Metal Man (GM): Perception checks, everyone. Yes, Dragoshi. Yes, that would be it. Sorry for not re-mentioning it. Ragnar and the Manticore see nothing out of the ordinary.
Valron: *Glances to the left, taking note of the shape, before whispering to Ragnar and the manticore* "I see something in the distance to the left. I don't know if it's tailing us or not, so it's best to keep your guard up."
Metal Man (GM): As you continue, you notice you are beginning to walk away from the city entirely.
Valron: "...This is certainly strange. Ragnar, what does the scroll say?"
Ragnar: *Whip it on out for another look.*
Metal Man (GM): The arrow has shifted slightly. It now points towards an out building that is submerged in snow. Good thing you checked.
Ragnar: "...Looks like we're gonna have to dig. Or go in the top."
Valron: "Indeed. Which would be the preferable choice, though?"
Metal Man (GM): The snow around the submerged building seems a different color, lighter.
Valron: "Hmm..." *He packs up some of the snow not around the submerged building, turning it into a snowball as he tosses it on the patch of snow surrounding the building, checking to see if anything happens to it.*
Ragnar: "Well... I didn't bring a shovel, but let's at least check the front before climbing up."
Metal Man (GM): Another round of perception checks. Immediately all of you notice the snow is hollow and stop before falling in. A hole forms just ahead of you, showing a path that spirals down.
Valron: "...Ahh. Fake snow. Sneaky."
Metal Man (GM): Well, the snow is real--it had just piled up is all. Your movement disturbed it, causing it to cave in.
Ragnar: "Alright, let's go!"
Valron: *Nods.* "Just make sure to check the scroll on the way down, alright?"
Ragnar: "Of course." *He unrolls it and heads down along with his partner.*
Metal Man (GM): As you walk down in a circle, it points down at the center of the room, where a massive power generator has fallen down and been smashed. It has a huge bulkhead door locked shut atop it. Eerie purple mist leaks out of a pinhole in it.
Valron: "Alright... So! How do we move this without activating anything?"
Metal Man (GM): Note that you may suggest actions with your skills, and if I say OK you can roll 'em to check things.
Ragnar: "I don't think we should move it until we find out what that smoke is."
Metal Man (GM): As even though this IS another die-rolling system, I shall still reward creativity and intelligence. The smoke is there, you can even walk up to it and look at it, if you dare. The door itself is fairly rusted, and is a weird emergency bulkhead. It looks like it's been forced open with jagged, evil claws before. But now it's been in this position for quite a while...
Ragnar: "Should I try sending an animal in to test the smoke?"
Metal Man (GM): And the sealed operator cabin to the side has been knocked over and destroyed.
Valron examines the claw marks, attempting to see if they look familiar to him. "If you want to."
Metal Man (GM): Knowledge: Local, or Alsa, or Nintendus, or Reploids, or Metroid, check. If you have it. Otherwise... you have no clue. Hint hint, some skills you may want to invest in or adjust your sheet to have after this session if you wish.
Ragnar: "Hmm..." *He points a finger and a celestial dire rat appears, beginning to crawl to the smoke.*
Metal Man (GM): Ominous atonal screeching and laughing issues from the hole.
Valron: "...That's not good."
Metal Man (GM): I... believe it should probably do a will check. Because that @#$% be freaky. It, not Valron. Valron would be mildly creeped out. The rat would not be able to avoid being panicked. It would run away. With good reason, as a bird/like claw would reach out of the hole and just barely miss it. The laughter would continue to seemingly come from everywhere at once, then slowly fade. Note: If Valron wasn't so far away from it he probably WOULD have also been panicked, buuut...
Valron: "Egh..."
Metal Man (GM): At this safe distance there's not so much to fear.
Ragnar: "...okay, we need a new plan."
Metal Man (GM): It's a single claw a good 50 feet away from where you are. The arrow is pointing right at the creep festival too.
Valron: *Shakes himself off.* "Well, whatever's in there is some sort of avian. Or at least has a bird-like feature or two... But yes. What do you suggest?"
Ragnar: "Hmm..."
Metal Man (GM): Further sitting around, and your eyes becoming accustomed to the glare in here, has slowly caused runes on the walls to become obvious to you. They match the ones on the paper you hold. Odd.
Ragnar: "Oh?" *Read Magic on the runes.*
Metal Man (GM): You need to roll for that or is that auto? *A bit rusty on that* Aha. You would read it. It is... clearly something Marley wrote down here, a barrier to keep the ghosts in there. More importantly, it might work for more that just this room, if you were to try to cast it.
Ragnar: "Oh! It's an anti-spectral shield, a good one too!"
Valron: "Ah, excellent."
Ragnar: "I think I can fire it up, too. Want me to cast it?"
Metal Man (GM): Marley must have forgotten about it... silly Marley.
Valron: "I have no objections."
Ragnar: *Cast! Need a check for it?*
Dragoshi: "Then we shall do away with the bulkhead, yes?"
Valron: *Said that.*
Ragnar: *The manticore stands back, watching the entrance corridor for intruders.*
Metal Man (GM): Hm, yes... WIS or INT check. You say some stuff, then nothing happens. Hm. Right... Spellcraft. I'm rusty. Roll that now. You're surrounded by a teal force field. It's strong enough that the ghosts start screaming and running away beneath you.
Valron examines the bulkhead, looking for any weak points on it.
Metal Man (GM): The center. It has that hole and it's an Iris-type bulkhead.
Ragnar: "Alright! Now how do we get rid of the door?"
Metal Man (GM): It's bent downwards a bit...
Valron: "I can blast it to bits, if you want." *Pulls out the Borne-22, aiming down the hole* "Just give me the word."
Ragnar: "Hang on." *He positions himself so that he'll be out of the way of debris.*
Metal Man (GM): You move far to the side.
Valron: *Nods as he lets Ragnar get out of the way, then fires, firing off a shot down the hole in the bulkhead.* (Roll it?)
Metal Man (GM): No need to roll; missing stationary objects is stupid. It begins to heat up the bulkhead. Nothing yet. Firing again?
Valron: "Hmm... Maybe..." *He quickly switches out to Phantom's machinegun, re-aiming for a moment as he just unleashes a barrage of gunfire into the hole.*
Metal Man (GM): It begins to buckle and fall inwards... threatening Valron with it. Acrobatics check. To avoid falling in... You move back as it all falls in. There's a ladder down... it's a huge purple mess in there.
Valron: "Tad reckless of me, but we should be good."
Metal Man (GM): Yes. The ruins sit there, slowly melting... the remains of a power plant are down there, the ghosts have run away. The arrow points down to the very bottom.
Valron puts the machinegun away as he motions for Ragnar and the manticore to follow, making his way down the ladder.
Ragnar: *Forcefield still up?*
Metal Man (GM): Yes.
Ragnar: *He starts carefully climbing down along with his buddy.*
Metal Man (GM): That's feasible. The issue is actually the part where the ladder is so fragile even Cat Ragnar would break it. It breaks off, half-way... tumble check for Ragnar and his buddy. It's a 15 foot fall, so not deadly... just annoying. Subset of Acrobatics, so Acrobatics check. *Is old* Glitches do not matter in this system. However that is not enough to land properly, so you do fall and sprain your ankle or a leg-limb as appropriate... nad take... 3 damage each. Valron, I missed him going down first. I'll say he got down, then it broke after his one crossing.
Ragnar: *His failure to land on his feet is not assisted by a manticore landing on him claws-first.* "Ow..."
Metal Man (GM): You're now on the third level, there's two below you. There's a bunch of computers and... elevators. The elevators are sealed. There's dead Reploids strewn about, torn apart from the inside out.
Valron: "...Yeah, we are not touching those." *He spreads his wings, before looking at the lower levels, judging to see if he could safely fly down.*
Ragnar: *He quickly gets up, brushing himself off.* "Okay, so how do we get down?"
Valron: "I can fly. What do you two have?"
Ragnar: *He sighs.* "My Eidolon hasn't grown its wings yet."
Metal Man (GM): You could fly down, actually. But the weight might make it dangerous if you try to carry everyone.
Ragnar: "Can we climb down the cable?"
Valron: "Check to see if it's sturdy enough, first. Don't want you two having another crash-landing."
Metal Man (GM): The cable. Well, first you'd have to open the elevator doors for that.
Ragnar: "Alright. First, though, we need to open up the elevator."
Metal Man (GM): They're rusted shut and coated in Reploid blood.
Ragnar: "...We should've asked for a crowbar."
Valron draws his sword and approaches the doors, attempting to pry it open with his blade.
Metal Man (GM): Hi Soy. In the middle of a session now. Hmmm... What check should Valron do... STR, yeah. You pry it open. Inside you see a reploid impaled impossibly on the cable. It glows with evil magic... but isn't doing anything... currently, at least.
Ragnar: "Ewwww..."
Valron: "...Oh, well that's charming. Probably best not to disturb it."
Ragnar: "Let's... let's check another elevator."
Valron: "Agreed."
Ragnar: "Do you think it would be safe to use magic to clean the blood? It might help you pry."
Valron: "I doubt it, honestly."
Metal Man (GM): There is one other elevator. It has an elevator at it, with the doors ajar... and hanging by a thread, half-sunken.
Ragnar: "How about fixing that cable?"
Valron: "...Didn't Marley say not to mess with any of the machinery?"
Ragnar: "Oh, right..."
Valron: "Honestly, at this rate, I think I should just carry you down one at a time."
Metal Man (GM): Indeed, you cannot be sure what would happen...
Ragnar: "Okay, that's probably best. Next time, we need to ask to bring a crowbar and rope."
Valron: "Agreed."
Metal Man (GM): You may proceed with that.
Ragnar: "Okay, boy, when Valron picks you up, hang on. I'll be down with you." *He pets the manticore as it nuzzles into his hand.*
Valron: *Nods as he goes to carefully pick up the manticore first, flying him down to the next floor.* (Any checks I'd need to make?)
Metal Man (GM): Yes. Nothing is happening.
Valron: *Will just effectively 'take 10' for all intents and purposes.*
Metal Man (GM): You do so... You get on down there and see something. Uh-oh... There's the source of the magic all right. A huge black-armored Reploid frozen in the ice with a gaping hole in his head and where his face should be. And... it seems he can sense you landing in his area, as he's beginning to crack the ice as you land.
???: "No... intruders... intruders... intruders in the base... noooooooo... safety has been... c-c-compromised..."
Metal Man (GM): *CRACK* *CRAAACK.*
Ragnar: "I hear voices! What's going on?!"
Metal Man (GM): You begin to hear alarms that don't have physical devices causing them, everywhere.
Valron: "A frozen reploid is starting to wake up!"
???: "I will... never... let anyone... destroy... aurrrrrgh..."
Metal Man (GM): A hand breaks out and begins grasping at the air.
Valron: *Quickly attempts to fly back up to Ragnar and bring him down do his manticore companion as well* (now Flight checks?)
Metal Man (GM): Yes. One to go up, one to go down. Spoiler alert: The latter is harder. Flying up, you take a long time but eventually get up there... By this time he's half out of the ice.
???: "No... no! Panzer... betrayed me... everyone... EVERYONE MUST DIE!"
Valron picks up Ragnar and flies back down. before the damned thing's all the way out of the ice.
Metal Man (GM): You can hear the magic powering up, and you can bet it isn't friendship. Yes. Dragoshi continues his bad luck, banging his head on a pipe and landing face first in the snow for 5 damage, but Ragnar is safe. Also the being is fully out of the snow.
Valron: *Winces a bit as he quickly hops back up... and notices the being.* *Ugh...*
Metal Man (GM): Yes--he fell face first from 20 feet up with Ragnar on his shoulders. Into metal flooring...
Ragnar: "Oh, no... get ready! We're going to have to battle!"
???: "You... you are intruders!"
Metal Man (GM): Meh. You get three healing potion thingies that would do cure medium wounds.
Valron draws his scythe, getting into stance.
Metal Man (GM): I don't have the proper conversion, but I'm not going to hold that against you either. Illian wouldn't send you here without them. :p Besides! I don't want the fall to doom you. Just be annoying. The doom is before you... As the weird Reploid gains a spectral face and glows evilly, an odd scroll made of energy stabbed into his core. Not too stuck, so much as glowing violently. Probably not a good idea to do yet.
Dark Colonel: "You... you know nothing of me... I am Colonel... as I always should be... darkness... will consume you for waking me!"
Metal Man (GM): He makes an atonal shriek... and the battle is on. Roll inits. Sure. Order: Valron, DC, Manticore, Ragnar 1.5x your STR mod to damage. Yes.
Valron rushes towards DC, before attempting to tear into him with a fierce swing of his scythe!
Metal Man (GM): He takes out his own saber and parries it without a second thought.
Dark Colonel: "Even in death, the Repliforce does not fall to invaders."
Metal Man (GM): DC
Dark Colonel: "The... future has abandoned us... but we... do not let time control us..."
Metal Man (GM): He begins to walk towards a machine like a zombie.
Dark Colonel: "I must... start the machines..."
Metal Man (GM): Yes.
Valron: *Attack of Opportunity! SCYTHE TO THE SIDES!*
Metal Man (GM): He parries it.
Dark Colonel: "You attack... nothing... I am already dead..."
Metal Man (GM): He walks up to the machine and starts forcibly turning it on, energy from himself going into it.
Dark Colonel: "Aaaaaaarghhhhhh..."
Valron: "This is problematic..."
Metal Man (GM): The entire ruin begins to shift, as the corpses everywhere slowly start coming to life.
Dark Colonel: "ARISE... MY NEW CREATIONS... TO KILL THOSE WHO ABANDONED US TO THIS WASTELAND..."
Metal Man (GM): He stands there, energy arcing between him and the machine. The machinery can be attacked. Dark Colonel's focus seems to be in reviving it.
Ragnar: *The manticore roars and runs in to bite Colonel, trying to grab him!*
Dark Colonel: "The Repliforce... is dead... but... the energy... wisdom... will revive it in a new form! Guh... guh..." *Raspy coughing and choking.*
Metal Man (GM): A CMD roll for him, if I recall correctly?
Valron: "Don't focus on him! Focus on the machines!"
Metal Man (GM): You manage to grab him.
Dark Colonel: "You... you touch nothing! *Let go of this slave! You are ignorant of the truth!* "
Valron: "What truth, exactly?"
Ragnar: *The manticore's just hanging on to an arm, using its movement to try and drag Colonel away from the machine!*
Dark Colonel: "The new beginning."
Metal Man (GM): Hm. What roll for that, if any? Ok. You pull him loose. The machines slow down and the room gets less crazy.
Dark Colonel: "In life, I was a pathetic slave to labels. In death, I have become infinity."
Valron: "Tch. Cut away the loop and infinity becomes nothing."
Dark Colonel: "You have no right to define what should and should not live!"
Valron: "And you do?"
Dark Colonel: "Your logical fallacy changes nothing!"
Ragnar: "SHUT UP." *Coup de Grace on the Colonel with his bow.*
Metal Man (GM): What rolls go here, hmmm... Ah. Deal damage for the coup de grace.
Ragnar: *15 damage.*
Metal Man (GM): He stares at you, then disintegrates, revealing his true form. A purple chaos-reploid spirit, with the energy device at its center.
Valron: "...Well, that explains the bird claw."
???: "The chrysalis is destroyed... my form is revealed..."
Ragnar: "...Uh-oh."
Metal Man (GM): Nope. It's full on ethereal now.
Pektos: "You have released me... after years of slumber, I have evolved. I shall, however, 'shut up', in return for your favor..."
Metal Man (GM): It then holds out two hands.
Pektos: "You may either request a deal... or fight me and die, wicked mortals."
Metal Man (GM): It looks like a ragged bird wearing black armor, fully ethereal and huge, looming over the destroyed corpse. It has beady, black pits for eyes and stares through you.
Ragnar: *The manticore growls and prepares to lunge again, but a glance from Ragnar makes it back down.*
Metal Man (GM): It looks much like some sort of demonic crow entity.
Ragnar: "What kind of deal?"
Pektos: "What is it that you came to me for? You wanted something. No one would come to this darkest pit of hell just for fun, unless they wished to become like me."
Ragnar: *He looks down at the device again. Still glowing?*
Metal Man (GM): The machine Colonel was grabbing has died down. The energy device at the center of the crow being is fully energized and powering its massive self. Getting at it would probably provoke its wrath and require a goodly jump.
Ragnar: "Can I ask you what you are, first?"
Pektos: "I am a Spectrogeist. We were reploids and Chozo, but forces of darkness corroded us both. Now we are one and the same. It is just another skin we wear."
Ragnar: "Why aren't you attacking us anymore?"
Pektos: "The restless memories of the being you killed were trying to revive a failed nation for no reason other than nostalgia. I see further now, to a new horizon. It does not require things of the material realm."
Valron: "I see. What exactly is it do you have in mind, if you don't mind me asking?"
Pektos: "We shall adapt these ruins to build our new civilization and take our place on this world's council. Your behavior towards me shall determine whether the hatred of old continues to reject your kind from here, or whether there is a more profitable agreement for us both. First impressions... they can be very good or very bad."
Valron: "Mm. I don't see anything too bad about that, though I do suggest you be wary of the one they call Jack. He is a very... unsavory sort."
Metal Man (GM): It would cackle wryly.
Pektos: "His horrid magic threatens our very existence. We would not bother except to pick the flesh from his non-human bones!"
Ragnar: "Good! We're looking to get rid of him, but to do so, we need that thing in your chest."
Valron: "Indeed. We need it so that the method we plan on using to deal with him will work instead of simply fizzling out."
Pektos: "There is always a catch... isn't there... Tell me, what would you do with my lifeforce?"
Valron: "We need to use it as Focus, so that the page of the Book we plan to use doesn't get eaten by the Alsan magic Jack is made of."
Pektos: *Laughs raucously* "No, no! You do not know what you are doing. Allow ME to do what you speak. If you do as you say, you will only turn it into a form Jack can simply absorb instead of destroying! I can do this for you. If only to destroy the one who threatens the waves of energy we live off of with his competing darkness."
Valron: "I see, I see. Well, then. It's fortuitous that we've decided to have this discussion instead of do anything rash, then. Do you mind if I speak to my boss about this, first?"
Pektos: "My prior form killed itself stupidly. I do not plan on dying yet again... I don't think you do either. Go to him. I shall wait."
Ragnar: "Thank you so much for being willing to talk, sir!"
Pektos: "Thank you for releasing me from my icy prison. I fear my friends did not understand who you were, or they would not have threatened you when you first approached the door..."
Valron: "...I've died many, many times. I don't plan on adding another death to my counter." *He nods as he then taps his badge* "Ahem. Well, here's a status report. We've managed to make it to the core and have found the energy device. There's a couple things, though. First off, if we went with our current plan, Jack would simply just absorb the page's power. And, secondly... a being called a Spectrogeist has offered to help us deal with Jack instead. What are your thoughts about this?"
Illian MacGregor: "Hmmm... give me some time to think on this. I'll get back to you in a minute."
Valron: "Understood."
Ragnar: *The manticore sniffs around Pektos's feet, apparently puzzled as to why this creature lacks a scent.*
Metal Man (GM): And I think we'll pause hereish, I have to do some homework. Otherwise good so far, our bumbling around with Pathfinder notwithstanding. :p
Ragnar: *SENSE MOTIVE ON PEKTOS* :V
Metal Man (GM): Ooh. You can try that next time if you wanted! :p Right now... I go brb. I say it is paused now... we can pick it up on Sunday, or Tuesday, or all the way next Thursday... EL PAUSE.

Previous

Next