How to Join
Joining this RPG is NOT a simple process. However, things get to be fairly smooth afterwards. First things First:
- You must be able to capitalize letters correctly.
- You have to use punctuation.
- You must use ""s around IC (In character) talk.
- When saying comments pertaining to non-character situations, use ()s or parenthesis around it.
- Do not beg for sessions.
- If you find a loophole, please alert the nearest op.
- No cursing or obscenity is allowed.
- There are to be no conspiracies, factions, or in-channel wars. We're all on the same team here.
- The ops reserve the right to ban, akick, or otherwise remove you from the RPG for the span of 1 minute up to forever.
- Clones, robots, wacky scripts, and such are not tolerated. Use any script you get with moderation.
- Do not beg for ops, weapons, or for me to change an 'unfair' part of the game. Get used to it, you aren't gonna have everything that some of the ops have.
- This is a TEXT BASED RPG. There are no pictures. You must use your imagination, or stay away.
- Please use a program such as mIRC, Trillian, or any other program of choice. Java clients are NOT tolerated.
- Set the join box to irc.sorcery.net or similar, press connect, then type /join #supersmashrpg
- Wait patiently for the ops to assist you. If no one is there, please do not yell and scream. I log such things, and they are highly annoying.
- Finally, the idea here is to have fun. If you're interested in other things, please do not even bother to enter the room.
(Editor's note: As of 2017, these links are dead or dying. To obtain the files referenced, please download the whole zip file of MSRD and pick them out.)
After you've complied with all of the above, it's time to get down to basics. The first page you'll wanna check out is The D20 Modern Reference Site. Then look at the Legal Documents, Ability scores explanation (While in the room, type 4 d6 Six times, then add together the results for each group, not using the lowest number.), Basic Classes, and Advanced Classes I. It wouldn't hurt to look at all of the documents, but at least look at those, the skills and feats, advanced classes, and action points. We do not use wealth or the items there. Instead, roll 3d4 then multiply by 600 to get your starting coin amount. Spend it on the various equipment pages on this site (use the back button). Now, for levels. You start at level 7. You may use a combination of basic and advanced classes, as long as you follow the instructions and preresiquites. If you want answers to your questions, go to the IRC room, and ask Yurie` . After you've created the sheet, purchased weapons and equipment, you're all ready to go. Good for you!